• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade (Wii, Monolithsoft x Nintendo) Information Thread

Cep

Banned
Swittcher said:
2mph47p.gif

:lol

Jokes on you :lol .

BlazingDarkness said:
The character models look a bit goofy, something about them looks off
Enemies and everything else looks great though

Same shitty artist that did Soma Bringer.

heringer

Looks like Monado, which is not good. I was expecting something better after the scans I saw.

Well, I hope we get a trailer of The Last Story soon.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
The character yelling as he goes into battle looks really goofy.

The game itself looks very interesting even if the graphics are a bit underwhelming.

Cep

Banned
Swittcher said:
Hmm...you seem to be lost, perhaps you need a huge red dot on your map to help you find your way out of this thread?

Nope, I am fine in this thread.

On topic: Really crossing my fingers for this game, but I do not have much hope

We need combat footage. Stat.

Instro

Only problem I have with the graphics are the faces really, everything else looks relatively nice. Looking forward to seeing more.

Beth Cyra

Still not digging the look really, but I did love Xenosaga Episode 1 and 3, and even though this game doesn't continue those it does mean the dev has delievered for me in the past so I am hoping they do so again.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
EDarkness said:
Meh? Dude, I think that video looks cool. What were you expecting? This is a Wii game we're talking about.
Maybe more appealing character design ?

I think it looked okay, but we didnt see any gameplay action so i wil wait for that.

EDarkness

cw_sasuke said:
Maybe more appealing character design ?

I think it looked okay, but we didnt see any gameplay action so i wil wait for that.

That kind of thing varies from person to person, but on a technical level, I think it looks pretty good. People always tend to harp on character design, but someone's bliss is someone else's crap.

EDarkness said:
That kind of thing varies from person to person, but on a technical level, I think it looks pretty good. People always tend to harp on character design, but someone's bliss is someone else's crap.

Because characters are always present as the front and center of the game, I believe people are judging the graphics solely on character design and detail. However, I think that's not fair to the game. The environments are well-done in both design and detail and should be appreciated. Therefore, I say this is a game with bad character but good graphics thinks to the awesome detail and designs of the environment.

EDarkness

mugurumakensei said:
Because characters are always present as the front and center of the game, I believe people are judging the graphics solely on character design and detail. However, I think that's not fair to the game. The environments are well-done in both design and detail and should be appreciated. Therefore, I say this is a game with bad character but good graphics thinks to the awesome detail and designs of the environment.

Isn't this an "open world" game? I was under the impression that it was streamed without any loading (or very little loading). With that in mind, I think it looks great.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
EDarkness said:
I just didnt get your argument, just because its an Wii Game He is supposed to like it when the Trailer didnt appeal to him ? And no one anything about the technical level, i wasnt impressed because we didnt see any gameplay.

Edit
You ppl. graphics arent the only important thing xD

Cep

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
I just didnt get your argument, just because its an Wii Game He is supposed to like it when the Trailer didnt appeal to him ? And no one anything about the technical level, i wasnt impressed because we didnt see any gameplay.

Exactly.

Perhaps gameplay will change my mind.

One reason why I hate these type of trailers. If you are going to release footage, some game-play would be nice.

EDarkness said:
Isn't this an "open world" game? I was under the impression that it was streamed without any loading (or very little loading). With that in mind, I think it looks great.

I'm saying the environments look good at worst.

I'm saying the characters look average at best.

ivysaur12

Banned
mugurumakensei said:
I'm saying the environments look good at worst.

I'm saying the characters look average at best.

Yeah, this would be an accurate assessment, though I'm going to without judgment for now if the scale is half as big as the trailer suggests.

Davidion

I see mechas, people getting killed by mechas, and mechas killing people and other mechas on top of giant ancient god'ish mechas.

Best game ever.

Jigsaw

Banned
wow this looks...bad

in the scans it was one of the better looking wii games,now it looks worse than xenosaga 3 which is disappointing,to say the least

EDarkness

cw_sasuke said:

Edit
You ppl. graphics arent the only important thing xD

Well, I was originally commenting on how the comment was simply "meh" and nothing really to put it into context. The usual complaint is about graphics and so I went with that.

Alex

Swittcher said:
Hmm...you seem to be lost, perhaps you need a huge red dot on your map to help you find your way out of this thread?

Cep certainly doesn't champion Final Fantasy XIII, I think you're confused or just looking at a cheap pot shot out of blind rage.

That or you're talking about the Xeno series? That's pretty plausible as well!

What a confusing moment!

Goofing aside, I think the graphics look perfectly fine. It's well built, tons going on, way more than the almost static emptiness of the last Xeno series and I welcome not every project being some overbudget catastrophe. Let's just see the actual gameplay potential from the old article. Don't preach about seeing the light against cinematic driven scenarios and then release a new trailer with nothing but cutscenes.

The scope is the thing which impresses me the most. If they can actually deliver on what's being promised in terms of the size of these corpses that you're exploring, it would be fantastic.

Haunted

I think it looks fine.

I love the two-dead-ancient-fighting-god-corpses-are-the-world idea so much. It all depends on how they manage to put it into effect. That'll make or break the game for me.

Seems the 18 year old blonde male MC is out. That's a start.

Alex said:
Cep certainly doesn't champion Final Fantasy XIII, I think you're confused or just looking at a cheap pot shot out of blind rage.

That or you're talking about the Xeno series? That's pretty plausible as well!

What a confusing moment!

Goofing aside, I think the graphics look perfectly fine. It's well built, tons going on, way more than the almost static emptiness of the last Xeno series and I welcome not every project being some overbudget catastrophe. Let's just see the actual gameplay potential from the old article. Don't preach about seeing the light against cinematic driven scenarios and then release a new trailer with nothing but cutscenes.

Why are we even talking about Xenogears or Saga?

Aside. I like when people think outside the box. Safe, small budget projects tend to be forgettable.

BlazingDarkness said:
The character models look a bit goofy, something about them looks off
Enemies and everything else looks great though
pretty much my thoughts, the faces are what bothers me to be specific.

everything else looks great otherwise, except for the colors, too dark.

Facial expressions look Vagrant Story bad SMH.

I wish developers would take a look at Monster Hunter Tri & Mario Galaxy and atleast try to push for that. The famitsu scans look way better than this and this looks like when they first revealed the game, so ill hold out hope.

Gomu Gomu

Trailer caught me off guard. Looks super interesting .

OniShiro said:
Looks interesting, I just wish it was for PS3 or 360, I can't force myself to play wii games anymore.
Isn't this bannable?
edit: 997 left. Use it wisely.

OniShiro

Banned
Gomu Gomu said:
Trailer caught me off guard. Looks super interesting .

Isn't this bannable?

Why? because I said I don't feel like playing wii games anymore? I don't hate the Wii, I have it, and I used to play, but for me the novelty has worn off, and having a PS3 and a 360 I find the graphical gap hard to take, the only games that interests me on the Wii is Metroid M and the rumoured new Zelda game.

It has Xeno in the name. I'll be buying it no matter what.

As for the trailer, I thought it was decent for the Wii. Some things did seem off though

Cep

Banned
OniShiro said:
Why? because I said I don't feel like playing wii games anymore? I don't hate the Wii, I have it, and I used to play, but for me the novelty has worn off, and having a PS3 and a 360 I find the graphical gap hard to take, the only games that interests me on the Wii is Metroid M and the rumoured new Zelda game.

Some mods can get pretty zealous about this sort of thing, they view it as port begging.

I have seen a dude banned for a month for less.

jman2050

OniShiro said:

Didn't you realize port begging was bannable the first 5482 times it was enforced?

OniShiro said:
Sorry, I didn't know, should I edit my post?
Mods can see edits and I'm an asshole... so I won't be changing the quote.

Banning doesn't hurt and it will go quickly if you man up... unless this is your last shot before being permed... in which case I will have a beer for you.

Top Bottom