• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade (Wii, Monolithsoft x Nintendo) Information Thread

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
OniShiro said:
Sorry, I didn't know, should I edit my post?

You better + if you dont have any intrest in Wii Games, maybe you should avoid them threads especially since the thread title states that this is a first party wii game ;-)

edit:

lawl at title change :lol
gaf mods are fast ....

OniShiro

Banned
Thunder Monkey said:
Mods can see edits and I'm an asshole... so I won't be changing the quote.

Banning doesn't hurt and it will go quickly if you man up... unless this is your last shot before being permed... in which case I will have a beer for you.

It's ok, I didn't really know about the port begging rule, if the mods feel I should get banned I'll accept it.

OniShiro said:
It's ok, I didn't really know about the port begging rule, if the mods feel I should get banned I'll accept it.
That makes you cool in my book.

I'll just upload you some beer through my internets...

Why is my computer smoking?

i like the idea of the game taking place on top of giant robots but beyond that i haven't seen or read anything else about xenoblade that interests me and to be completely honest the character art in that trailer was mediocre at best.

really what i need to see now is a video of the battle system in action.

duckroll

WickedLaharl said:
i like the idea of the game taking place on top of giant robots but beyond that i haven't seen or read anything else about xenoblade that interests me and to be completely honest the character art in that trailer was mediocre at best.

really what i need to see now is a video of the battle system in action.

You can just watch the old Monado trailer to see gameplay in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPI4WLEQ5as

The new Xenoblade trailer makes it very obvious the game hasn't changed much other than the name.

Enkidu

I liked the sense of scale and overall the graphics looks good enough for me. It's just so weird that they messed up the faces the way they did, I really don't get why it turned out like this.

robor

:eek: :O This game looks absolutely bad ass. It just got bumped up on my hype list. Please silence those "western" rpg developers.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Thunder Monkey said:
The backgrounds do look a little better.

*shrug*
Replacing some placeholder textures and backgrounds, changing a few faces slightly, and other little bits of polish like the GUI changes doesn't really change the game on a technical level though.

jj984jj said:
Replacing some placeholder textures and backgrounds, changing a few faces slightly, and other little bits of polish like the GUI changes doesn't really change the game on a technical level though.
Uh huh.

*poo's*

Luigiv

Doesn't look quite as nice as it did in the scans but it's definately a big improvement over the original trailer. Main fallings are in the textures and faces, but those were obvious in the scans too.

batbeg

The trailer didn't really excite me much... although this is my most anticipated game, seeing as it's from Monolith Soft.

duckroll

I like how the giant hand we see in the key visual, as well as in some of the environment backgrounds, is actually the hand of one of the gods which got sliced off in the fight. :lol

some people here fail to see that this video is ultra-low quality and shows none of the massive landscape scenes from the scans.

I like what I've seen so far but will wait with judgement after a better quality trailer is released

duckroll said:
I like how the giant hand we see in the key visual, as well as in some of the environment backgrounds, is actually the hand of one of the gods which got sliced off in the fight. :lol
Yeah.

The imagery they are creating is some interesting stuff. They just need to get better at people.

Dresden

I was hyped for this game, but there's been a disappointing lack of pantsu so far. What's a Japanese mecha game without gratuitous exploitation of female characters?

I do want some combat footage.

manzo

Love the setting and the world feels quite different in a good way.

The presentation however... I don't know. The art direction seemed a bit off and the character designs.. :/

Anyway, will be following this closely.

faridmon

Is it just me or is the graphics reallyy underwhelming? and i don't mean the low quality capture as it is evident but there were lot of clipping probllems and the charcters wan't detailed enough.

honestly, after watching Metroid: Other M, i am really dissapointed. Maybe the game is early in devolopment so we have to wait and see. Everything else look superb thought. Can't wait.

now all we need is last story trailer.

Metroid Killer said:
That guy with 100s red lasers targeting his body was not happy!
that was the coolest part of the trailer. dig it:D

Magypsy23 said:
Wait, is the guy with the sword voiced by Ryō Horikawa?

hmm, he didn't sound like Heiji Hattori, who is the only character i heard that is voiced by him.

Mafro

Metroid Killer said:
That guy with 100s red lasers targeting his body was not happy!

p1bs95.gif

GCX

faridmon said:
honestly, after watching Metroid: Other M, i am really dissapointed. Maybe the game is early in devolopment so we have to wait and see. Everything else look superb thought. Can't wait.
The development should be on final stages since the game got a Spring 2010 release window just a few months ago. Nintendo has probably delayed it a bit since they haven't announced a concrete date yet.

faridmon

duckroll said:
It's coming out within the next 3 months. :p
GCX said:
The development should be on final stages since the game got a Spring 2010 release window just a few months ago. Nintendo has probably delayed it a bit since they haven't announced a concrete date yet.

then what the bloody excuse? the scale?

Bloody hell Monolith, do something about it.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
duckroll said:
It's coming out within the next 3 months. :p

Who knows with Nintendo anymore- Galaxy 2 just got unveiled in Japan and still doesn't have a release date!

TunaLover

To be fair the video was super compressed.
Not very excited about the art direction in general.
The mecha gods, will be the seeling point for me.

I cracked up at the guy screaming with the light coming out of his face.

The character models look kind of meh, but the amount of things going on coupled with the scale makes it entirely understandable. I am hyped.

I don't get the complaints. Many of those characters with bad characters designs will probably die early on anyway unless you're talking about the dude with the glowing sword and he has a good character design. Also of course the environment is bland, it's a battlefield. Don't expect rainbows and pretty colors. Famitsu scans showed that there'll be areas like that anyway. It's hard to say the game looks good from looking at the scans and it suddenly looks bad now unless the scans were somehow fake when they clearly aren't (so as long as the complaints are about the battlefield area only). Plus the vid is low quality and the uploader even said so.

Game looks pretty good to me, but I just want them to make better character models.

ILikeFeet

Banned
character facial animations are odd. the graphics, I really can't tell. I do see some improvement over the first trailer. texture work could be better though. want to see some gameplay.

all in all, I'll keep my interest at the same level

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
The expression of the guy with the laser sights on him was pretty good. My favorite part of the trailer. Even though it looks a little muddy, the story, idea, and environments seem like they'll do a great job at delivering the feeling it wants to convey.

Cautiously optimistic so far.

Bear

Cow Mengde said:
Where'd the colors go?

We've had scans of the game as recently as about two weeks ago, and have only been getting them for about a month and a half. That's not really enough time to change the game, especially seeing as it is pretty far into development. I'd peg all the brown and gray on the war scene rather than the actual game lacking colour.

Top Bottom