• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade (Wii, Monolithsoft x Nintendo) Information Thread

Dedication Through Light said:
It seems to not compare to the beauty of Baten Kaitos for some reason, the character models are lacking

Nevertheless it is an rpg from nintendo, so I will probably still check it out.

It must have been the beautiful pre-rendered backgrounds in Baten Kaitos. Of course, having a decent artist design the characters must have helped as well. The ones in Xenoblade look they were made by the same artist as Soma Bringer. :(

wrowa

Dedication Through Light said:
It seems to not compare to the beauty of Baten Kaitos for some reason, the character models are lacking
Xenoblade looks better than Baten Kaitos by far. Honestly, apart of the really beatiful pre-rendered backgrounds Baten Kaitos looked pretty mediocre at best. The characters and enemies looked okay, but the backgrounds that weren't pre-rendered... ugly as hell.

wsippel

Banned
The new logo looks like a mix of the Xenogears and Xenosaga logos. It even uses the same font and a similar kerning as the Xenosoaga logo:

359h34o.jpg

2v3fnud.jpg

logo_zenoblade.png

wrowa said:
Xenoblade looks better than Baten Kaitos by far. Honestly, apart of the really beatiful pre-rendered backgrounds Baten Kaitos looked pretty mediocre at best. The characters and enemies looked okay, but the backgrounds that weren't pre-rendered... ugly as hell.

If only they could bring the pre-rendered stuff to this game. They should be able to take over the wii hardware and do wonders.

Though speaking of which, has there been any mention of Wiimote/WiiMotionPlus controls?

Akai

Hero of Legend said:
How did you rip this? I didn't see the url in the source page and it's not rippable from the swf files. :/

You might kick yourself after hearing this, but you only need to right-click on the bottom of the page (around where the tiny box art is) and then "View Background Image"... ='D

ILikeFeet said:
can anyone get the image on the trailer page? (and the trailer?)

Here's the other two... (Edit: Whoooops, beaten...)

Poyunch

wsippel said:
The new logo looks like a mix of the Xenogears and Xenosaga logos. It even uses the same font and a similar kerning as the Xenosoaga logo:

logo_zenoblade.png
Well to me it looks the Microsoft logo's font.
sm7fkj.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cow Mengde said:
Well, the trailer showed off a grey grass at night. That said, I do remember the Famitsu scans being very colorful. I'll chalk it up to showing off a bad scene. The biggest problem is the lighting and the low resolution textures. The trailer opens up with a close up of the gods and the low texture quality can be seen even in such a small video.

Well, I hope that is the case then. I didn't think the Famitsu shots were technically spiffy, but I loved the great open and huge grassy areas with great scale. I'd be so bummed if this game went for the muddy, bland art direction over something more vibrant.

When is this due for Japan?

EatChildren said:
Well, I hope that is the case then. I didn't think the Famitsu shots were technically spiffy, but I loved the great open and huge grassy areas with great scale. I'd be so bummed if this game went for the muddy, bland art direction over something more vibrant.

When is this due for Japan?

Spring, that's all we know.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Bel Marduk said:
Yeah, it's him. And it's my wallpaper now too :p
I wouldn't be so sure he's actually doing the art, even if he's involved. I think Tonny WaiMan Koo is still part of this team.

Sinople

desu said:
Since I ripped the two tracks for myself and someone else already, I figured out I might post them here as well: http://www.mediafire.com/?zg05mademnz

Hope that's okay and they haven't been posted yet (
probably been posted already
)

Thank you =D
People are talking about Shimomura but has it been confirmed that it's not Kajiura?
It really sounds like her music to me.

Kishgal

Banned
Shimomura is definitely involved, but I don't think it's confirmed to be just her. I think it's possible that there are other contributors, because some of the music we've heard definitely doesn't sound like her work.

Sophia

I honestly have no clue. Track 2 doesn't really sound quite like any composer I've heard of.

It does kinda remind me of Michiko Naruke's work on Wild Arms.

LaneDS

Both of those tracks are great. And I really like the art. In-game looks... alright, but I'm not sure what I was expecting.

This thread reminds me I never finished Xenosaga Episode 3... I should fix that.

Akai

Atmosphere looks great, as do the monster/wildlife designs. Perhaps they'll show gameplay in the next trailer...

AceBandage said:
So, the end...
Seems pieces fall off the gods and they shoot it.
Weird.

Well it can only be one of two things...

1) They were being paranoid and thought it was one of the robots living on the other god...
2) They knew it was falling junk and were just doing standard procedure to keep crap from landing on the town...

Either way, it does seem to give the impression that the gods are slowly falling apart with time...

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Tenbatsu said:
The animation....pretty bad actually.
actually, I just thought the whole video was really poorly compressed. I'll really have to see some higher quality footage to have any real comment visually, but however it looks, it's looking to be fun.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It looks alright, some parts look better than others. The environments at the beginning were beautiful. I wish they'd put more time to if it was possible, and tell us more about the gameplay if there is an emphasis on it. At least we're seeing in-game footage I guess...

Akai said:
Perhaps they'll show gameplay in the next trailer...
I think all 3 of these will be story trailers and we'll get gameplay in another promotion video later. I hope that we get more details about the gameplay before that though, and maybe gameplay clips on the website.

evangd007

The last two trailers look so... washed out. I remember the Famitsu screens being far more vibrant and colorful. Is this an artifact of overcompression? In any case, two story trailers is quite enough, I want to see some gameplay.

Cep

Banned
duckroll said:
Hmmm, errr... well. Art direction looks really good, and I'm sure the story will rock! Yeah!

Not sure about this, but it does not look as repulsive as Soma Bringer, that is something at least.

Looks good enough for me. The environments look pretty nice even if the characters are a little lacking. Has Nintendo mentioned a release date for this yet?

ivysaur12

Banned
Scale looks great, some of the monsters looks great...

Textures look low res, character's look meh (especially the faces). Animation doesn't look too bad but there was really nothing to gauge on in the trailer.

Story also has me intrigued. Give me some gameplay and more plot details stat.

ILikeFeet

Banned
wow, Monolith really needs to work on their textures. :/ eh, I'll still play it if the gameplay is good, but I know this game won't get high marks for graphics.

Top Bottom