• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xmas Nintendo Downloads - December 09 - It's a Christmas miracle; Oregon Trail DSi!

Capndrake

panda21 said:
whats up for europe this week? just no update? (usually is thursday)
Confirmed:

WiiWare:
-The Mystery of Whiterock Castle (RTL Playtainment, 700 points)
-TV Show King 2 (Gameloft, 800 points)

DSiWare:
-A Little Bit of... Magic Made Fun: Mind Probe (Nintendo, 200 points)
-Me and My Dogs: Friends Forever (Gameloft, 800 points)
-Rayman (Ubisoft, 800 points)

Likely:

Virtual Console:
-Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber (Nintendo, 1200 points)
-Super Mario Kart (Nintendo, 800 points)

Capndrake said:
Confirmed:

WiiWare:
-The Mystery of Whiterock Castle (RTL Playtainment, 700 points)
-TV Show King 2 (Gameloft, 800 points)

DSiWare:
-A Little Bit of... Magic Made Fun: Mind Probe (Nintendo, 200 points)
-Me and My Dogs: Friends Forever (Gameloft, 800 points)
-Rayman (Ubisoft, 800 points)

Likely:

Virtual Console:
-Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber (Nintendo, 1200 points)
-Super Mario Kart (Nintendo, 800 points)

jesus
it will be an expensive week for me then
I don't think SMK will come though

and that Dark Void for DSiware game looks amazing

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Dark Void Zero could be interesting...

Is Bomberman Blitz on DSiWare any good? I'm thinking about getting it, but I'm not sure.

Yoschi

it's the original rayman!!
IGN review

i'm so buying it.

having in mind that shantae won't be too long either makes me happy i have a DSi har har :)

edit: oh wow, dark void. fantastic.

ITA84

Kilrogg said:
Is Bomberman Blitz on DSiWare any good? I'm thinking about getting it, but I'm not sure.

Get it only if you're interested in online multiplayer, local MP requires multiple game copies (single player is just arena mode if you didn't already know). I'm not an expert of Bomberman, so I can't really judge this version.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
ITA84 said:
Get it only if you're interested in online multiplayer, local MP requires multiple game copies (single player is just arena mode if you didn't already know). I'm not an expert of Bomberman, so I can't really judge this version.

Thanks. I think I'll pass then. Rayman is where it's at.

sfog

According to the US Shop channel, the following Genesis titles will be on sale for 500 points from December 24th to January 6th:

Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Gunstar Heroes
Toe Jam & Earl
Puyo Puyo 2
Shining Force
Golden Axe
Altered Beast
Streets of Rage 2

sfog said:
According to the US Shop channel, the following Genesis titles will be on sale for 500 points from December 24th to January 6th:

A sale on the virtual console! Hell has frozen over!

I'm going to buy a bunch of these.

MoxManiac

sfog said:

Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Gunstar Heroes
Toe Jam & Earl
Puyo Puyo 2
Shining Force
Golden Axe
Altered Beast
Streets of Rage 2

Nice! In for 3 sonics, SF and toejam

Since Sonic & Knuckles has been confirmed to use the lock-on functionality with your per-existing downloads, I'll be getting Sonic 2 & 3.

If not only to show Nintendo that having sales does encourage people to give them more money. There are quite a few games I want that would be purchased if they shaved off that extra $2-$3.

sfog

Neo Samus said:
Wher did you find the info on the sale? I'm on the shop and can't find it anywhere?

It's on the front page, listed as something like "Limited time offer on Sega titles!"

Somnid

sfog said:

Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Gunstar Heroes
Toe Jam & Earl
Puyo Puyo 2
Shining Force
Golden Axe
Altered Beast
Streets of Rage 2

Where'd you find this? I don't see it.

sfog said:
It's on the front page, under something like "Limited time offer on Sega titles!"

Are you sure it's for the US?

zigg

Maybe someone accidentally hit the "publish news" button a little too early.

We'll know in two days, in any event.

markatisu

Well a similar sale was announced on PSN so I am guessing we will see the news later today or tomorrow (closer to the start date)

sfog

Somnid said:
Weird. Can you check if it still shows up for you?

It's gone now, although it definitely was there before. I first got wind of it through the Gamefaqs and NintendoLife forums, then checked on it myself and verified its existence before I posted it here.

Volcynika

sfog said:
It's gone now, although it definitely was there before. I first got wind of it through the Gamefaqs and NintendoLife forums, then checked on it myself and verified its existence before I posted it here.

Yeah, a Sega sale is going on PSN starting the 24th and ending like the 2nd, so they may have just jumped the gun on that!

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
Since Sonic & Knuckles has been confirmed to use the lock-on functionality with your per-existing downloads, I'll be getting Sonic 2 & 3.

If not only to show Nintendo that having sales does encourage people to give them more money. There are quite a few games I want that would be purchased if they shaved off that extra $2-$3.

Have they announced a release for this in North America yet?

gogojira

bryehn said:
Stuck on the first boss in Eco Shooter.

The shoot/vacuum mechanic is cool and I like evil soda can monsters. Graphics and sound are pretty dull/generic respectively, but there are some nice shiny effects.

Any further impressions or did anyone else pick this up? I'll be scoring some points soon (yay Christmas) and this and LostWinds 2 are on my list to get right now.

Hopefully this means a US Rondo release is imminent.

I have 2000 points and nothing to get (okay that's slight hyperbole but you get me).

Really like that Sega is doing a sale on the VC. Maybe the other publishers could do the same? Naw only Sega makes the bad decisions.

Somnid

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Hopefully this means a US Rondo release is imminent.

I have 2000 points and nothing to get (okay that's slight hyperbole but you get me).

Really like that Sega is doing a sale on the VC. Maybe the other publishers could do the same? Naw only Sega makes the bad decisions.

I think Sega's games are the worst deal because they've devalued them with endless compilations and re-releases. I still hope some other publishers do sales though because if nothing else it helps raise awareness, because the only people actually keeping track of all VC releases post in this thread.

Why does that Sega blog say 40% off when they're only giving you 37.5% off? That's some flagrant false advertising right there.

Hiltz

gogojira said:
Any further impressions or did anyone else pick this up? I'll be scoring some points soon (yay Christmas) and this and LostWinds 2 are on my list to get right now.

Seriously, where are all of the impressions for Eco Shooter ? It looks cool especially since it appears to resemble Sin & Punishment in some ways. I'm waiting for the reviews to come in before making a decision.

Lost Winds 2 is going to make a great Christmas gift. I beat it 3 times so far and it is even more satisfying than the first game.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So the Dark Void for DSiware has made me realize that I really haven't gotten much off the DSi Store in a while.

Here's the plan: Buy $20 in points, saving 500 for Dark Void's release.

GAF, what are your recommendations for what to use the other 1500 points on?

(note, I currently own the following: Art Style: Aquia, Dr. Mario Express, Bird & Beans, Paper Airplane Chase, PiCTOBiTS, and the free Flipnote Studio)

CASTLEVANIA: RONDO OF BLOOD Computer Games M 22/12/2009

At last! The one TG16 game I've always wanted! :D After this, its just Bloodlines and Dracula X and then the whole 2D series is avaliable on the VC (Aside from SOTN and the handheld ones of course)

I don't suppose there's any chance of it coming out in the US any time soon? :(

I think Sega's games are the worst deal because they've devalued them with endless compilations and re-releases. I still hope some other publishers do sales though because if nothing else it helps raise awareness, because the only people actually keeping track of all VC releases post in this thread.

I agree, SEGA have really dropped the value of their games by whoring them out to as many places as possible but I'm happy with the VC prices as they are for the most part (Console arcade ports like the hundreds of versions of Street Fighter 2 should be cheaper though), it's Wii Ware games that I really want to see sales on!

MoxManiac

Nuclear Muffin said:
At last! The one TG16 game I've always wanted! :D After this, its just Bloodlines and Dracula X and then the whole 2D series is avaliable on the VC (Aside from SOTN and the handheld ones of course)

I don't suppose there's any chance of it coming out in the US any time soon? :(

Dunno about any time soon but I can't fathom that the US won't get it eventually if EU is getting it.

Oli

Diseased Yak said:
So the Dark Void for DSiware has made me realize that I really haven't gotten much off the DSi Store in a while.

(note, I currently own the following: Art Style: Aquia, Dr. Mario Express, Bird & Beans, Paper Airplane Chase, PiCTOBiTS, and the free Flipnote Studio)

Mighty Flip Champs, Mario vs. Donkey Kong Mini's March Again, and Rayman are good choices.

Unfortunately each of them are 800 points which means you can only get one of them within your limit.

zigg

Diseased Yak said:

I never miss an opportunity to recommend Boxlife.

Pinball Pulse has also sucked hours from my life, if you like video pinball. Excellent game by masters of the genre.

Mario vs DK 3 is really good, too, and a stunning value for money.

Diseased Yak said:

Pinball Pulse is a must buy if you like Pinball!

Nice. We'd still need Bloodlines though, as well as the SNES Dracula X to complete the 2d collection. Only thing more I could ask for is the Japanese version of CV3.

There is at least one selection in that sale list I'd be interested in: Puyo Puyo 2.

Hmm, gonna get Sonic 3 cause of the sale in anticipation of Sonic & Knuckles I think.

Yeah I've got the Sonic GameCube collections and original MD carts but there's just something about turning on my Wii, no disc needed, clicking one channel thing on the menu and being right into the game that I love so much about the VC.

Plus Sonic3+Knuckles is one of my most fav games of all time.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I've never played Gunstar Heroes, so maybe I'll grab that one. Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 will be tempting as well. I'll have to remember about this once I get back home from vacation to my Wii.

Hiltz

I was so disappointed with GunStar Heroes on the virtual console.

The combat while fast-paced, wasn't satisfying and to make matters worse, the game is way too short.

Top Bottom