• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED announces Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin for PS4 and PC

Vaguely reminds me of Sayonara Umihara Kawase, so I hope it's good. I like the story. I hope this game teaches me many rice recipes along the way lol (just made some homemade mochi recently, came out great! Burnt my fingertips whilst making it though.)

kmlHMVD.png

Anyway, looks neat. Low budget, but could be fun.

Buy yourself a GPD Win.

Not even 10 posts in.

Switchy Switch Switchenstein, have I annoyed you all yet?
I still want it for Switch, Switch, Switch, Switch. I will ask for every game to be ported, why should I bother being quiet, they also said other stuff about the game, and spoiler'd it.

Switchy Switch Switchenstein, have I annoyed you all yet?
I still want it for Switch, Switch, Switch, Switch. I will ask for every game to be ported, why should I bother being quiet, they also said other stuff about the game, and spoiler'd it.

because port begging in threads that are strictly about a game fully announced with platforms confirmed is fucking annoying. So much so that its often bannable

EDIT: See?

Tizoc

Releasing Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity on just PS4 was a big mistake if you ask me, so bringing the native Windows version to Steam/GOG this Summer would help a lot and explains why Sakuna's not PS4-only too.

They have zero goods reasons to be this reluctant, or maybe they just don't care about a small cross-section of the Western Falcom audience that prefers DRM-free versions. GOG would easily accept Ys VIII in their review process.

Still hoping this game isn't one of those, because I want a surprised Falcom PC announcement of some kind soon.

Quick, somebody look at their steamdb page!

Wow, this is really cute! In for PC, depending on the price. I'm not expecting too much depth, but I'm sure it'll be a nice side game.

E3 2017 trailer! And here's the Gematsu PR dump.

This game continues to look better and better. Growing and harvesting seems to have a bit more rhythm mechanic variety, and combat looks nicer with combos, exploitable traps, and platforming potential. I'm not expecting Guacamelee-tier upgrades or anything, but it seems fluid and the bestiary looks good for now. Story premise looks really cool, especially because we're going to have somewhat in-depth, tragic NPCs to meet and learn about throughout the seasons. It's actually all set during the sengoku period, but not around any war-torn areas, so I think we'll get a lot of backstory.

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin |OT| WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELDS, COMBO JUGGLERS!!!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Man, so many Japanese games announced for PC, this E3.

This is amazing. I'll buy all of them.

Top Bottom