• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

silentbum

Neo Member
Do you have to reach a certain point in the story to be able to enter arcades? I've been able to roam town and enter shops and restaurants, but it won't let me enter either arcade.

IrishNinja

Is it something I might find in one of the shops in Akhibara?.

i don't see why not, ive had a few friends go out that way & come back with LE/bonus stuff traded in with all kinds of games

Just make sure not to walk around asking for "Yakuza merchandise". Lol

haha, prolly a good idea here too

Do you have to reach a certain point in the story to be able to enter arcades? I've been able to roam town and enter shops and restaurants, but it won't let me enter either arcade.

yeah when kazzy first gets to wander, i couldn't do it either - try again next time you're off the leash (chapter 1, yeah?) and you should get in just fine

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
By way of that Michibiku article, here are some interesting tweets from the head Yakuza localization dude at Atlus: https://twitter.com/triggerredd

3EcDFJ4.jpg

Bf1rXk6.jpg

LlQL5qw.jpg

oPCKX9Z.jpg

So if you're looking for the manual, talk to him.

He's also in charge of localizing Yakuza Kiwami and 6.

UFO catcher can suck it. I was literally screaming out loud.
damn, man! you've made that shit a science
UFO catcher is frustratingly addictive. It feels so good when you get something but when it gets like this

UGHHHH!

Hell, yeah!
Congrats Trelll! Can't wait for you to try the Rush style :)

On the left of my HUD there is a little white icon that looks like an 80's radio, whats it mean?
That's your pager. There is an option in the pause menu to see its messages.

ar4757

Holy shit, well one thing that royally pissed me off with this game today, it doesn't auto save!!!!

Seriously, why on earth would a modern game not auto save?

I turned on my ps4 today to get back to playing just to find out that I lost over two and a half hours of playtime and have to do it alllll over again because the game doesn't even save your game unless you manually go to a public phone booth and save it.

IMO this is a terrible design choice, I mean at least tell the players when the game starts this or something, many people probably gonna get up today and go to play only to find this out after losing hours of play time.

Pretty sure it does tell you, and it's all over the map.

How is the OT less than the Giveaway thread? How is this less than Gravity Rush 2's OT? I'm actually somewhat surprised. I thought there'd be more buzz on NeoGaf for this game.

Note: I love Gravity Rush as well, just surprised to a certain degree.

MYeager

UFO catcher is frustratingly addictive. It feels so good when you get something but when it gets like this

UGHHHH!

Congrats Trelll! Can't wait for you to try the Rush style :)

That's your pager. There is an option in the pause menu to see its messages.

My wife is a UFO catching master in each of these games, 9/10 times she'll get what she's aiming for on the first try. But sometimes I'll get home and my inventory will be filled with plush toys.

Harmen

How is the OT less than the Giveaway thread? How is this less than Gravity Rush 2's OT? I'm actually somewhat surprised. I thought there'd be more buzz on NeoGaf for this game.

It just came out. Today over here (Tuesday), in fact. And I think (hope) this game might have some decent legs upon good word of mouth in the niche circles.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Completion points are actually new to the series! As others have mentioned, you use them for bonuses at the shrine, which you can find on the map.

There's a big ol' completion list in the pause menu that tells you what things give CP, (1 CP for each goal) but that's boring. CP is all over the place, so just go hog wild! Fighting, social links (also new to the series), minigames, eating, and more all give CP in various ways.

Ah, thank you.

My wife is a UFO catching master in each of these games, 9/10 times she'll get what she's aiming for on the first try. But sometimes I'll get home and my inventory will be filled with plush toys.
Wow, that's amazing. Unfortunately I have to do a couple of tries (at the very least) to be able to get anything. It's (mostly) fun though, so I'm not complaining, haha.

xezuru

People were talking about a sick install screen but I didn't get one, assuming It's all on a disk and people went digital? Wouldn't of minded optional install for load speed and such but cant wait to get into this.

The UFO Crane game is just something I've come to love over the last 10 or so years. I loved the crane game in 5 with all the Sega characters you could collect. Its come a long way from the nightmare that was the crane game in the original PS2 release of Yakuza. It was such a pain to grab some of those larger plush toys, made that one side mission where you had to get them all a real nightmare!

People were talking about a sick install screen but I didn't get one, assuming It's all on a disk and people went digital? Wouldn't of minded optional install for load speed and such but cant wait to get into this.
I think that might've been for the PS3 version. Supposedly you can watch that install screen video from the main menu. Though I haven't searched for it so I'm not sure.

I think that might've been for the PS3 version. Supposedly you can watch that install screen video from the main menu. Though I haven't searched for it so I'm not sure.

Yeah, it was for the PS3 version - PS3 physical versions of Yakuza titles got awesome install screens for each game.

DavidDesu

I'll be getting this next week. Big Shenmue fan so love the similarities with certain aspects of Yakuza. I've tried demos of other Yakuza games in the past and the brawling aspect really grated with me. What's the deal for people like me who can't really be bothered brawling all the time. Easier difficulty levels? Can you reduce instances of random fights? Just wondering. Is it something that will hinder my ability to get through the game at all?

The hype for this game has got to me and I'm willing to accept I'll have to grind this aspect of the game but the rest sounds so bloody good.

I'll be getting this next week. Big Shenmue fan so love the similarities with certain aspects of Yakuza. I've tried demos of other Yakuza games in the past and the brawling aspect really grated with me. What's the deal for people like me who can't really be bothered brawling all the time. Easier difficulty levels? Can you reduce instances of random fights? Just wondering. Is it something that will hinder my ability to get through the game at all?

The hype for this game has got to me and I'm willing to accept I'll have to grind this aspect of the game but the rest sounds so bloody good.

Lower difficulties make the fights easier and give the enemies less health. You can get items (at what point I'm not sure) that let you avoid fights completely.

Tailzo

I was lucky enough to get to play this game for several hours today. It's incredible! So fun, I've missed the Yakuza combat, and goofy substories.

Am anyone remind me where the old guy is says he will be after you learn the rush style. Wasn't paying attention to the street name and can seem to find him. Games great so far but preferring rush to the usual brawl style. Just enjoy the evasive style.

eh, Gravity Rush was released like a week ago and a lot of people here are still waiting on their copies or Yakuza. Give it some time
Am anyone remind me where the old guy is says he will be after you learn the rush style. Wasn't paying attention to the street name and can seem to find him. Games great so far but preferring rush to the usual brawl style. Just enjoy the evasive style.
He's in a parking lot. There's like an icon of a man on the map that will direct you to him.

SephLuis

Is it something I might find in one of the shops in Akhibara?.

Yes. Though in Akihabara it's best you search for smaller stores inside the neighborhood. There's a main street with all the big stores which should have everything but at a higher price.

If the catalog on the back of the store seems weird, the remaining floors ain't much better. Just a tip.

Just make sure not to walk around asking for "Yakuza merchandise". Lol

Ryu ga Gotoku is the name of the series in Japan.
Though, if he asks for Yakuza merchandise, it should trigger a real life substory =D

Thank you for your very detailed explanation. I do think if I had been more invested in Kiryu as a character, his mission to save the orphans in Yakuza 3 would have resonated with me more. I will give the series another go at some point, as I like what I'm seeing from this thread.

Give Y0 or Y4 a try when you can.

What's that password again?

Someone wrote in the thread before in an answer for one of my posts.
You can go and ask the guy again too.

IrishNinja

^damn, ya'lls frames look sharp!

eh, Gravity Rush was released like a week ago and a lot of people here are still waiting on their copies or Yakuza. Give it some time

yeah, that thread had a few days headstart, and honestly, people love giveaways so it might be hard to compete with that for now, haha

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
great dude, i gotta take that survey tonight - where's he saying it is, the "live tile"?

I believe the live tile is what you see on your PlayStation 4 main menu screen when you highlight a game and then press down. It shows a bunch of stuff related to the game like available DLC, earnable trophies, trailers ... and apparently there will be a survey there. I'm not home yet so I can't check!

Tizoc

Go into a convenience store and near the entrance you will see a magazine rack.
Read all the magazines on sale.

It just came out. Today over here (Tuesday), in fact. And I think (hope) this game might have some decent legs upon good word of mouth in the niche circles.

He's in a parking lot. There's like an icon of a man on the map that will direct you to him.

^damn, ya'lls frames look sharp!

yeah, that thread had a few days headstart, and honestly, people love giveaways so it might be hard to compete with that for now, haha

You are all totally right. I forgot people are still waiting on their Yakuza 0 copies. I'm still playing through Dragon Quest 8, it'll take me some time before I start up Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7, and Gravity Rush 2. But 2017 is off to an amazing start.

And wow, Horizon is coming out, Zelda is not long after...This is going to be insane.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Perhaps the head of PR for Atlus USA and Sega of America read Stiler's post earlier in this thread because he tweeted this a couple hours ago:

Forgot about the man icon. Haven't played a yakuza game for a while. Done for the day but will start the mini games 2mw.

eshwaaz

Looking forward to starting this tonight! Can you change difficulty in-game, or are you locked into the difficulty you start at?

xezuru

I just started on hard, I never thought about it before, but it's really refreshing to have a character who's actually Kiryu's equal.

Good to know. Is it really available to watch in the main menu, though?

No idea. I literally only put my copy in to get it installed and check if the trophy list is shared with the Japanese version (it doesn't, so I'll have to get them all again!). I'm still deep into Yakuza 6's side content, once I'm finally done with that I'll start 0.

DavidDesu

Lower difficulties make the fights easier and give the enemies less health. You can get items (at what point I'm not sure) that let you avoid fights completely.

Thanks for the info, look forward to avoiding fights completely. Hopefully the brawls win me over though.

Since there's no auto save can people confirm there's no issues putting the PS4 in standby and resuming that way as I'll likely do this by accident quite a lot.

derFeef

Played a bit after the beginning of chapter 2, this game is really great so far. First Yakuza game. I am just getting into the side activities, they are really weird and fun. Also I suck a Karaoke.

Top Bottom