• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 1 Extreme (Remake, PS3/PS4, Jan 2016) and Yakuza 6 (PS4, Fall 2016) announced

Soulstar

I said this in the Conference thread but man just watching that trailer reminded me how good the story was in the first game. It's been years since I played Yakuza but just seeing the scenes from it made all the memories come rushing back to me.

Hasney

I actually have a fair amount of hope for 1 coming over since a lot of the work is already done.

From Yakuza 1 and 5 sales, then the decision will be made about 0 and 6 way off in the future. Got no hope for Ishin at all.

cripterion

Wow!!! That announcement got me hyped!

I need a remake of Yakuza 2, it's the best title in the series! Goddamn! Don't care if they never come out in the west, I'm all over this.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Please come to the US.

Hasney

For future use

AIvIPP0.gif

localize Yakuza kiwami with japan voice intact please, I had a friend who refuse to play the series because he want to start from the 1st game and don't want to play PS2 version because of english voice acting. now he won't have any more excuse.

I really want to get into this series, but the spotty localization record holds me back and it doesn't look like that's gonna change anytime soon.

It's too bad. :/

Yeah new games can be 8000-9000 yen in Japan. As someone who imports a lot it gets expensive when you add EMS fees to that.

Thank god for digital distribution! And now JP PS store accepts Paypal. I haven't tried it yet tho so not sure if it works or not.

Felensis

Banned
I'm still waiting for Yakuza 3 PSN release in the west :/

Announcement is gold of course, will buy everything if it comes to the west. Never had the chance to play Yakuza 1 & 2. Hopefully they do a remake for Y2 as well.

I really want to get into this series, but the spotty localization record holds me back and it doesn't look like that's gonna change anytime soon.

It's too bad. :/

To be fair, all five of the mainline games have been localized. We're obviously still waiting on 0, but I think that's likely since Gio asked Nagoshi about it in the last episode of their interview series.

Rymuth

This better have that amazing rendition of 'AMAZING GRACE' or I will burn Kamurocho to the ground.

Speaking of which----*goes to play Kamurocho Love Story Karaoke*

would kill for it to come here WITH THE ENGLISH DUB

shit was hilarious and made it more enjoyable imo. it had a fucking secret underground hobo spy network, so the campy voice acting kind of added to the charm tbh. i think the cheesiness is lost in the japanese dub of the first game and made it a bit more bland going off the youtube clips i've seen.

I'm partially shocked to see 6 being a PS4 only game. I'm glad it is, its long past due that the series gets a proper PS4 game rather than an upresed PS3 game but still I expected Sega to drag things out as long as physically possible.

On the subject of 1's remake. That's good news, with them remaking the game they can finally fix the bloody targeting issues that made the combat in the first game a pain in the ass at times. It'll surely benefit from getting the remake treatment. Yakuza 2 next please, and then release 3-5 on the PS4 so I have the entirely series on 1 platform (again).

Good on 'em for releasing 6 as a PS4-only game. And now the torment begins as we wait to see if it'll ever get localised or not. This is why we all need to buy 5 in our droves.

Remaking 1 though, what's that all about? So random.

KyleCross

just a reminder, vote with your wallets. You want these games to come west of japan, GO GET YAKUZA 5 FROM PSN. Even if its digital, It still shows interest outside japan. Dont give that DIgital bullshit excuse, GO GET IT.

Nothing bullshit about not wanting to drop your hard earned money on something that exists solely on a server that will go down some day, tied to an account that probably won't exist someday. Not gonna derail the thread, but please don't call a legitimate issue a "bullshit excuse." Also I hate to seem pessimistic, but there is no chance that the PSN only release of 5 is going to see enough sales to turn the course of the series finanical future when five previous releases with physical store presence didn't. We would need everyone on GAF to buy the game to give it a chance.

The series future is going to ultimately depend on Sony, they're going to have to push for future releases here. SEGA is unlikely to do it themselves.

Hasney

Nothing bullshit about not wanting to drop your hard earned money on something that exists solely on a server that will go down some day, tied to an account that probably won't exist someday. Not gonna derail the thread, but please don't call a legitimate issue a "bullshit excuse." Also I hate to seem pessimistic, but there is no chance that the PSN only release of 5 is going to see enough sales to turn the course of the series finanical future when five previous releases with physical store presence didn't. We would need everyone on GAF to buy the game to give it a chance.

The series future is going to ultimately depend on Sony, they're going to have to push for future releases here. SEGA is unlikely to do it themselves.

Since it's digital only on a console that's been pretty much dropped in the west, I can't see them expecting anything massive. If it beats their meagre expectations though, it should help.

Depending on how much is new in the remake, I can see it coming here and then decisions could be made once it's on a relevant console. Hopefully time will tell.

Good on 'em for releasing 6 as a PS4-only game. And now the torment begins as we wait to see if it'll ever get localised or not. This is why we all need to buy 5 in our droves.

Remaking 1 though, what's that all about? So random.

and Zero, and hopefuly 1 remake and hoping 2 and maybe 3 gets a remake, 3 so we get the cut content back

Top Bottom