• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 3 (Not Kenzan) for PS3 Next Spring

Srider

Banned
So news are coming in from Japan, and details about Ryu ga Gotoku 3 have surfaced.

Since Kenzan is a spin-off of the Ryu ga Gotoku story, this is the official part 3 of the series. Development started right off the end of Kenzan, and seems like they are already a good ways in development as the target release date is set for spring next year (Spring 2009).

The game will be on PS3, and in addition to Kamuro-cho, Osaka, the game will also include Okinawa.

I can't wait to see the old settings redone in next gen fashion.

Kiryu Kazama will be the main character, of course. Main setting will again be kamuro-cho. All living characters from previous games such as Haruka and Majima will return.

Since the design of the game is intended to be synchronized with real life Japan, the 2 years that has passed since the release of RGG2 will be reflected in RGG3. Meaning that RGG3 will take place 2 years after the end of RGG2.

Nagoshi then talks about the reasons why he chose Okinawa. Listing how it gives off a healthy/lively vibe, ample amount of traditional Japanese culture, and a hint of international influence (gaijins). He also talks about how the Okinawa is a place often in the spotlight due to various reasons, in response to the comment that the international influence gives it more dramatic value. I'm guessing we'll see some western characters in RGG3, possibly some sub-plot involving Kiryu saving a girl from getting gang banged by gaijins or something...

Obviously there will be an all star cast for RGG3, most likely surpassing Kenzan. Negotiations are also underway for brand tie-ins, to include even more real life locations/stores/products than before. The focus is on using the Playstation 3's power to make the setting even more atmospheric, more real life-like.

The story will again be written around human drama, adding that the keyword this time is 人間臭さ (The human fault: Maybe other posters can interpret/translate this as well).

Nagoshi says in the end that he is approaching the development of this game as if he is nurturing something very important.

Masayoshi Kikuchi (Producer) has this to say about the game:

Œ»‘ã‚ð•‘‘ä‚É‚µ‚½—´‚ª”@‚­‚ª‰‚߂ăvƒŒƒCƒXƒe[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“‚R‚Å”­”„‚³‚ê‚é‚킯‚Å‚·‚ª
Œˆ‚µ‚ÄŠú‘҂𗠐؂è‚Ü‚¹‚ñ‚̂ŁA’–Ú‚µ‚Ä‚¢‚ĉº‚³‚¢

Translation: This is the first time a modern time Ryu ga Gotoku game is released for the Playstation 3. It will not fail the fans' expectations, so please continue to follow this game.

Srider said:
So news are coming in from Japan, and details about Ryu ga Gotoku 3 have surfaced.

Since Kenzan is a spin-off of the Ryu ga Gotoku story, this is the official part 3 of the series. Development started right off the end of Kenzan, and seems like they are already a good ways in development as the target release date is set for spring next year.

The game will be on PS3, and in addition to Kamuro-cho, Osaka, the game will also include Okinawa.

wowzer...isnt that just a year after kenzan?

Well, they have the graphics engine there. Kenzan looked nice but sterile and low textured in parts, hopefully they make some improvements there.

Anyway, interested

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Question, Are the stories connected between part 1 and 2? Want to know because if they do I need to hunt down a copy of the first.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Elbrain said:
Question, Are the stories connected between part 1 and 2? Want to know because if they do I need to hunt down a copy of the first.
Yes!

Oh and GREAT FUCKING NEWS! Can't wait to see how this:

929568_20060412_screen002.jpg

looks with THIS engine:

yakuza-kenzan-20070919071002591.jpg

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
distantmantra said:
There have been rumors from some gaming mags, but nothing official from Sega.

If they do bring Kenzan to the U.S I wonder when, game really really hits my interests spot.

KTallguy

Banned
I will get this.

Kenzan was awesome, and they just keep getting better and better.

This series and Platinum Games have revived SEGA in my eyes.

BlockBastard said:
Announced too soon, goddammit. I hate being excited for games that are like over a year away. :<

It is surprising we're hearing about RGG3 now, since a lot of Japanese developers typically hold off on announcing titles until 4-5 months before release.

HOLY FUCKING SHIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!

WHERE THE **** ARE MY SEDITIVES!?!?!?DAHHFAHFAHFHAHAHHH!!_??!?

/breathes

This thread sorely lacks hot blooded action! I need RgG gifs right now! STAT!

nib95

Banned
Srider said:

Since Kenzan is a spin-off of the Ryu ga Gotoku story, this is the official part 3 of the series. Development started right off the end of Kenzan, and seems like they are already a good ways in development as the target release date is set for spring next year.

Just to clarify...

So what was the one that was released in Japan a while back?

When will the Yakuza 3 (feudal Japan) version be released in the US/PAL?

And you're saying that another Yakuza 3 (modern day) will be released next year spring? Either way, can't WAIT for it. To see how next-gen Japan looks modern day. I hope they push the PS3 tech wise too.

nib95 said:
Just to clarify...

Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! came out earlier this year. That's the feudal Japan RGG game. It's not RGG3.

No one knows when Kenzan will come out in North America.

And you're saying that another Yakuza 3 (modern day) will be released next year spring?

RGG3 comes out in Japan Spring 2009.

nib95

Banned
distantmantra said:
Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! came out earlier this year. That's the feudal Japan RGG game. It's not RGG3.

No one knows when Kenzan will come out in North America.

RGG3 comes out in Japan Spring 2009.

Awesome news then. Can't WAIT for it. To see how next-gen Japan looks modern day. I hope they push the PS3 tech wise too.

That said, I wish they'd hurry up and release Kenzan in the UK/US already!

Kittonwy

Banned
Srider said:

Masayoshi Kikuchi (Producer) says this about the game:

Œ»‘ã‚ð•‘‘ä‚É‚µ‚½—´‚ª”@‚­‚ª‰‚߂ăvƒŒƒCƒXƒe[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“‚R‚Å”­”„‚³‚ê‚é‚킯‚Å‚·‚ª
Œˆ‚µ‚ÄŠú‘҂𗠐؂è‚Ü‚¹‚ñ‚̂ŁA’–Ú‚µ‚Ä‚¢‚ĉº‚³‚¢

Translation: This is the first time a modern time Ryu ga Gotoku game is released for the Playstation 3. It will not fail the fans' expectations, so please continue to follow this game.

STEP DA FOCK UP!!!333!!!
angry.gif

Srider

Banned
nib95 said:
Just to clarify...

And you're saying that another Yakuza 3 (modern day) will be released next year spring? Either way, can't WAIT for it. To see how next-gen Japan looks modern day. I hope they push the PS3 tech wise too.

Here is what Nagoshi said in the article...

Kenzan is considered a spin-off within the Ryu ga Gotoku series. Since "3" is a numbered title, so it is the followup to "2", meaning the story will continue from where Ryu ga Gotoku 2 left off.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Himuro said:
I'm looking at the cam pic of RGG3. Not the best quality. I can definitely say that Nagoshi's tan seems even DARKER than ever though. The pics don't look too different Yakuza 1 or 2 though. =/

Not to be messed up but that guys going to end up getting skin cancer or something if he keeps that stuff up.

bran

I was about to flame because I read it wrong thinking that Kenzan is getting pushed back to next year.....

WRONG, OMG WANT MORE YAKUZA.

Srider

Banned
Himuro said:
I'm looking at the cam pic of RGG3. Not the best quality. I can definitely say that Nagoshi's tan seems even DARKER than ever though. The pics don't look too different Yakuza 1 or 2 though. =/ Then again the pics are small as hell.

The pics don't look different from yakuza 1 or 2 cause they are pics of yakuza 1 and 2.

There are no screenshots from the new game yet.

AKS

The title frightened me a bit at first, but now that it's been clarified that we get Yakuza 3 IN ADDITION TO Kenzan!, I'm very excited about this news.

Sega's really rolling out the high quality PS3 exclusives lately. Just get the text translated to English and Sega's got some guaranteed sales from me.

AKS

Seiken said:
Yes!

Oh and GREAT FUCKING NEWS! Can't wait to see how this:

929568_20060412_screen002.jpg

looks with THIS engine:

yakuza-kenzan-20070919071002591.jpg

The colors of the city lights are going to be the most striking since Folklore. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Scribble

Himuro said:
Ryu ga Gotoku 3 aka Shenmue III

believe

FUCK YES.

Omg, I will purchase a PS3 for this. This is a megaton.

This was the only 'Shenmue replacement' for me, and what's so amazing is that they're setting it in Okinawa. OMFG

Top Bottom