• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 4 Announcement Trailer + Boxart SEGA HAS LEARNED

Kagari said:
BOX ART:

Yakuza-4_2010_09-02-10_08.jpg

Sega has learned :O

Can someone pleeeeeease turn this into a wallpaper?!! That would be amazing...(1920x1080 :))

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
ok this boxart is pure awesome and way better than the Japanese one , look like SEGA hired actual professional to do it this time ( thanks quarter profit).

.la1n

Lindsay said:
Awesome cover but no awesome subtitle? Boo!

Will buy but let remain sealed as I carefully watch the Segac forums to see if people playing notice stuff missing like last time around.

fantastic idea, wish i'd thought of that. Never again after Yakuza 3 will I buy something based on gaf hype then end up with a butchered title.
which was admittedly fun anyway
but that boxart still haunts me at night even now

AAK

WTF, I can't be the only one who noticed this:

2w5t9ad.jpg

I see who they're trying to sell this to... but I dunno if this is false marketing or what... never played the series.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
kiryogi said:

bleh

.la1n said:
fantastic idea, wish i'd thought of that. Never again after Yakuza 3 will I buy something based on gaf hype then end up with a butchered title.
which was admittedly fun anyway
but that boxart still haunts me at night even now

Don't forget to pre-order it at gamestop to get dlc that was free in another region or else you'll have ta buy it 5+ months later for $4!

AAK said:

2w5t9ad.jpg

I see who they're trying to sell this to... but I dunno if this is false marketing or what... never played the series.

You don't like sexy girls?

AAK said:

2w5t9ad.jpg

The game is set in what is practically Tokyo's red light district. It's not false advertising. If anything the game is massively tame compared to the real Kabukicho.

Glix

Hey gaf, I've always been interested in this series, but I briefly tried Yakuza 1 on PS2 and the load times really really turned me off.

Which is the best game to start with? Is 3 worth it? Or should I wait for 4?

Is Yakuza 2 a PS2 game? Does it have the technical shortcomings of the first one?

MrBeggar

Just finished ryu ga 4 last nite/ platinum finally.
It was a great experience you pps will love it.
Only gripe is the darts... b.s.

The funny thing about that cover is I love going to Kabukicho..ALOT
for korean food or karaoke at Pasela and I don't really notice signs that say "sex" in english everywhere lol I guess I just filtered them out by now.

sohois

Glix said:
Hey gaf, I've always been interested in this series, but I briefly tried Yakuza 1 on PS2 and the load times really really turned me off.

Is Yakuza 2 a PS2 game? Does it have the technical shortcomings of the first one?

Yakuza 2 is still a ps2 game but i beleive it has far shorter load times than the first. Most would probably say that Y2 is a better game than Y3, and i would certainly adovocate starting with 2 though you don't need to; you can skip straight to 3 since it has story recaps. I would advise you play both games.

Xater

I have to agree that actually is a really good boaxart. Was that so difficult SEGA? Man Y3 was such a hackjob in every way. This time they seem to do the game justice.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Glix said:

1) Yakuza 2 is a PS2 game.

2) Yakuza 3 is the end of Kazuma's story. Yakuza 4 focuses more on the other three characters you play as.

MrBeggar said:
Just finished ryu ga 4 last nite/ platinum finally.
It was a great experience you pps will love it.
Only gripe is the darts... b.s.

The funny thing about that cover is I love going to Kabukicho..ALOT
for korean food or karaoke at Pasela and I don't really notice signs that say "sex" in english everywhere lol I guess I just filtered them out by now.

My gripe was the assholes surrounding the last boss :lol

Lyonaz

Sexy boxart is sexy.

Day one just like Yakuza 3.

We did it guys, SEGA will surely bring Yakuza 5 over too.
Positive thinking! Maybe Kenzan too

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good job buying Y3 so that we get Y4 :)

That is one of the best cover arts this gen.

Volcynika

What's cool: The boxart
What's not cool: People being stupid and quoting the huge ass image. Yeesh people, don't make the thread annoying to go through.

C-Jo

I bought RGG4 after Sega botched Yakuza 3, but I'll support this with my dollars if they do it right (and it looks like they are).

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Awesome cover + no cut content. Sega i forgive you for what you did with Y3.:lol

The boxart is quite awesome. Too bad Sega blew any chance of me getting into this series with their colossal blundering of Yakuza 3.

Now I really want to dress Kazuma with black shirt/suit... I feel cheated: why PSP owner can customize their characters while PS3 still can't ?

Did Sega have that artwork made especially for the US version?

I don't recall having seen anything like it for the series so far.

Top Bottom