• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YAKUZA 5 LOCALIZED FOR PS3

Sgblues

Man I'm gonna be hyped for days to come, my heat gauge is maxed, I feel like I can fight the entire Tojo Clan and Omi Alliance without breaking a sweat.

What a great day.

Damn, if only my sister had brought home the PS3. Can I still buy this on PSN to show my support? Otherwise I'm patiently waiting for SEGA to port the first game to Steam.

THERE IS A GOD. I'm buying it twice maybe even three times.
Gonna buy it on my friends account and my brothers if it really is digital only.

That's depressing. They announce it and some people have yet another excuse not to support the game, even though some of the same people bellyached when Sega wouldn't do it.

Here's your chance. Support the game. You are lucky to get this much.

No words. None. Nada.

What many of you would feel about Half Life 3...that's where I'm at right now...

I would like to formally announce my induction into the Gio Corsi defense force.

Yuterald

=0

Can't believe this is happening. So glad I held off importing. Would have preferred physical, obviously, but I'll take what I can get! Planning my vacation time off next year for this shit!!!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Still smiling.

They gotta do what they gotta do.

I live by a strict rule: If a game gets a retail release somewhere in the world, then I'll only get it if it has a retail release here.

I still haven't gotten the 3DS Phoenix Wright games, the first Senran Kagura game and Yumi's Odd Odyssey because of it.

It's a bit ridiculous I know, but I hate buying digital games.

Lol.

oblo

Words can't express how I feel right now... My GF actually thought I was having a stroke when I found out about this half an hour ago... Best gaming news of 2014 for me, no doubt about it...

I feel like running out on the streets lighting fireworks or whatever, damn... Feels like christmas back when I was pre-schooler! I hate digital-only but still I LOVE this news.

IrishNinja

Since they have released other before physically, you would think it would be ok to do it again. Reminds me of Ace Attorney in a way. I just wish more would pull a Namco and go the limited-physical route.

Hey I bought that turd called Dead Souls as well. Sony seems to be collaborating with Sega. Which means it would be EASY for Sony to just press a limited amount of copies. They say #4theplayers all the time. Where is the problem? I would definitely buy that day 1. They just don't want to spent money on it and they also didn't bother at all with backward compatibility. It's their own fricking fault.

Even a game like Drakengard 3 got a physical release. In US only, but I imported that. I actually imported the limited edition, which was limited to 5000 copies. They could do something exactly like that. Ask for $100, I wouldn't care. But nope, digital only.

okay, few things:
1) namco & others didn't basically take a bath on 5 chapters of a niche series & release a statement after a particularly unprofitable quarter saying they're doubling-down on big IP's, and anything else, especially niche, would see digital if at all. none of that is directly analogous.
2) im with you on the love for BC, but sadly few consumers do so its not a priority. im with you but it is what it is, and you're letting an amazing series sink for a very odd reason.

I pray the same marketing team are involved. Yakuza 4's trailers weregodlike.

The announcement trailer gives me hope, they're really selling it.

god i forgot how cool that was, the cover art is still on my wall too

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Anyone who considers themselves a Yakuza fan and doesn't buy 5 cos it's digital is simply an idiot.

Co-signed. You either want to play it and see more of it, or you don't. The universe isn't going to bend to your whim, you live in reality where there are real constraints on this stuff. End the mental gymnastics, get off the pommel horse, recognise when a hand is being outstretched and don't slap it away like a child.

Well people weren't willing to play the game where every damn line was translated for them in a FAQ or on youtube so not surprising people won't buy digital only. If there was a physical release they'd buy it used or "no 90% off sale/ Ps+ freebie no sale". So yeah, if you like the series, learn Japanese.

The other fans don't have your back.

cj_iwakura

This really was the highlight of the event, if you're into niche stuff anyway.

Day of the Tentacle is a close second.

What sucks about digital only is SCEE prices. What this gonna cost? Because companies in the habbit of charging well above standard retail price, even for digital only games.

convo

A physical release for such an old PS3 game wasn't likley anyways. Some random person is not gonna buy a PS3 game especially by the time it releases.

fvng

that dude at sony said he was taking requests and he wasn't fucking kidding.

I hope ya'll buy this so the ps4 one gets localized.

Probably going to pick it up, as in my area it was near impossible to find that game physical easily.

Guessing the download size will be pretty massive with all of the voice acting in there.

Well, now's our chance.

Hopefully all the excitement trying to get it localized has garnered will lead to good numbers for the game. I certainly wasn't expecting the series to get another shot over here.

Still, I'm really thankful that we'll get to see a localization of 5, at the very least. Before I started my playthrough of the Japanese version, fortunately!

Yuterald

I have a barely touched imported copy of Yakuza Ishin for PS4, but I think I'm going to hold off on that one now in hopes of those games being possibly localized if Y5 does well enough here. Excite! Gotta get back to 100%'ing those Completion lists in Y4 and Dead Souls to bide my time!!!!

Ravage

This could have been the only announcement made today and I'll still rate PSX above all the E3 conferences in the past 5 years.

Good job Third Party Productions, you guys delivered.

Uthred

Its just sad seeing people passing on a great game because it doesnt come on in an increasingly obsolete format. I guess all the people asking for it to be localised failed to highlight the little asterisk beside their request that read "Physical only"

Christian

I almost ordered this. I had given up all hope. I can't believe it's coming, I'm so excited. THANK YOU SONY AND SEGA!! WOOOOOO!!

Top Bottom