• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 will cost $39.99, 15% discount to those who pre-order digitally

Sega took the risk 4 previous times with mainline Yakuza games, trying many different approaches, always with poor and continually declining sales results. Maybe you think that they just always screwed up the English releases and if you had been in charge at Sega you would surely have found the magic formula to make Yakuza a blockbuster success. But even so, I hope you can understand why a company not seeing a satisfying return on their investment after a substantial amount of time would consider it more prudent to invest elsewhere instead.

But ultimately, if you're not going to play Yakuza 5 just because you're upset it wasn't localized right after its Japanese release, you're the one who's going to suffer by not experiencing a great game.

Lol? Is this a joke?
I'm neither going to suffer nor too upset.
After 3-4 years of waiting (bought Yakuza 4 at it's released in NA), I simply moved on from my PS3 and wanting to play Yakuza 5.

If they decided not to take the risk anymore then so be it. It sucks that I won't be able to play Yakuza games anymore, but it ain't the end of the world. At that price and being digital only on a old gen, It's just not worth supporting to me.

DeVeAn

This game being brought to the US is basically a miracle. Trying to prove how it won't sell or people won't purchase is meaningless. They know it won't sell its there as good faith to the fans.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
im just happy we're getting this game and frankly $35 for any yakuza regardless of console is a steal, because i value games on content not on what platform theyre released on.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Either a surprise release this week, or they're saving it for PSX 2015, likely so more people become aware of it.

The Drop is up on the PS Blog for this week, no Yakuza 5. I guess they're saving it for PSX, then. Hope those extra 10 sales are worth making those of us who preordered wait two more weeks. =/

Tizoc

The Drop is up on the PS Blog for this week, no Yakuza 5. I guess they're saving it for PSX, then. Hope those extra 10 sales are worth making those of us who preordered wait two more weeks. =/

Oh quit your complainin', at least it's releasing.
I've pre-ordered a bunch of games that got delayed and they came out fine.

I'm in a hurry to play it as much as you do, but sometimes patience is a virtue.

I should point out that not all games released need be shown on the drop of the week.

oneida

Brah
show dat kagemaru roll gif

wahaha

tumblr_nqnq7dHQ2B1slig2vo1_400.gif

Astarte

Lol? Is this a joke?
I'm neither going to suffer nor too upset.
After 3-4 years of waiting (bought Yakuza 4 at it's released in NA), I simply moved on from my PS3 and wanting to play Yakuza 5.

If they decided not to take the risk anymore then so be it. It sucks that I won't be able to play Yakuza games anymore, but it ain't the end of the world. At that price and being digital only on a old gen, It's just not worth supporting to me.

You do you, bro.

Ayyyyyyyy it's about to be the end of the month and there's still no release date. Sony and Sega, unprecedented partnerships and bro-isms for life.

SpotAnime

Either a surprise release this week, or they're saving it for PSX 2015, likely so more people become aware of it.

Last year I participated in PSX by watching the fantastic keynote and getting to order a 20th Anniversary PS4.

This year, I will participate by again watching the keynote and then settling down to play some Yakuza 5.

oneida

LOL, did he lose Blanka Ball in VF3 and up? Never seen this before.

No he has it in every game except VF1, it's just most people don't learn the moves in these games haha. the command is half circle forward + P, and you can cancel it into backwards roll with half circle back + P. (in 3, it's just the motion, no P)

if you cancel a roll into another roll 3 times Kage makes the Sonic spin-dash sound effect.

//edit
apparently he has it in VF1 too but it's much more limited

Gambit61

No he has it in every game except VF1, it's just most people don't learn the moves in these games haha. the command is half circle forward + P, and you can cancel it into backwards roll with half circle back + P. (in 3, it's just the motion, no P)

if you cancel a roll into another roll 3 times Kage makes the Sonic spin-dash sound effect.

//edit
apparently he has it in VF1 too but it's much more limited

Wow that's amazing lmao. When I picked him it was in training mode just just to do the Izuna drop :p, my favorite character would have to be Wolf. Shun is also cool, but I never went into the lab with him.

Akara

Banned
Yes! A preorder discount and the price point is perfect. Hope Sony encourages digital sales to do this often.

SephLuis

I guess we should have the OT for this game to be:

Yakuza 5 |OT| Also includes VF2 and localized Taiko no Tatsujin

Y'know, convince other small player bases to also buy our game =P

oneida

while i'm beyond excited to finally play a yakuza game at launch (i recently caught up with the series in preparation), i have to admit being able to stop in at club sega and play VF2 online against other people who are also playing yakuza 5 just sounds so fucking awesome. the game was a big part of my childhood and means more to me personally than other games in the franchise even though i think they're better.

anyway, beats the hell out of boxcellios!

Go_Ly_Dow

while i'm beyond excited to finally play a yakuza game at launch (i recently caught up with the series in preparation), i have to admit being able to stop in at club sega and play VF2 online against other people who are also playing yakuza 5 just sounds so fucking awesome. the game was a big part of my childhood and means more to me personally than other games in the franchise even though i think they're better.

anyway, beats the hell out of boxcellios!

how about someone makes a new thread about this?

Top Bottom