• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life launches March 20 in the Americas and Europe

Preordered even though I have yet to finish 1-5. Well, I'm getting Kiwami later this month so hopefully I make time to go through the other 4.
I bought a new PS2 for Yakuza 2 and I still have yet to play it lol

Jimrpg

Kind of tempted to get the premium edition.......but $30 more for 2 glasses? I'll buy my own set.

Might even get cracked during shipping....nah I'm good. The upcoming horror stories though...

It's honestly better than a partial CD soundtrack, a cloth map and a tiny assed art book that must CEs get.. (Gonna love the heck out of that 'free' art book though.)

Jimrpg

Cool that JB Hifi are getting the collector's edition as well. Thought maybe EB would have been the only one.

Not Y6 related but JB have Kiwami Steelbook for $69 - did someone forget to pass them the memo that Kiwami is meant to be half price? Hopefully its just an error.

hirokazu

Hey fellow Aussies! The collector's edition is now up on the ebgames website for $139.99! Get, get, get! :D

https://www.ebgames.com.au/ps4-2316...e---After-Hours-Premium-Edition-PlayStation-4
That's a decent price! I'm totally down.

It sure is something for Yakuza fans to all of a sudden have too many Yakuza games be localized at once.
I'll take this over not having any Yakuza games localised.

amazon is now offering a discount on the collectors edition.

just re-ordered and cancelled the old order.
Doesn't Amazon have a lowest price guarantee?

That's a decent price! I'm totally down.

I'll take this over not having any Yakuza games localised.

Doesn't Amazon have a lowest price guarantee?
they didn't automatically adjust 20% prime discount the last time i ordered. which was FF12, i had to call CS and waste 20 mins. much easier to just re-order.

hirokazu

they didn't automatically adjust 20% prime discount the last time i ordered. which was FF12, i had to call CS and waste 20 mins. much easier to just re-order.
Ah, I usually just preorder and forget with Amazon and trust that they always charge the lowest price they advertised between then and release. A bit concerning if that's not always the case!

Have we had a Yakuza collectors edition in NA before?

I think I saw a Y4 CE that only came out in Europe?

There was the business edition for Yakuza 0 (that was America only). Yakuza 4 and Dead Souls both got Steel Book editions (I seem to remember 4 getting two separate collectors edition releases in Australia I think it was?). Those are the only ones I remember off the top of my head.

Any news on where this will be available in europe?

Zavvi and Simplygames have it available to pre order. I really don't like Zavvi though, don't trust them to deliver this in one piece, or on time... Really hoping that someone like Shopto or Amazon pick it up.

bump - looking back I'm a little confused. I have the premium edition preordered, but the launch edition comes with a digibook, is that its own thing, something not included in the premium? i thought at first that it was the same as the book that comes in the premium but it looks different

RPGCrazied

No where near ready to play 6(Maybe I can be by the time it comes out, who knows), but I love this series now. I'm new. Still playing 0. In Chapter 12. Kiwami is next!

Skulldead

No where near ready to play 6(Maybe I can be by the time it comes out, who knows), but I love this series now. I'm new. Still playing 0. In Chapter 12. Kiwami is next!

haha if you have the intention to play every single main game in the series, it took me 10 months(1-2 hours a day + some longer sessions), with 1 exception for The last guardian + 1 month break for Y5 because i got my yakuza overdose on that one. Ive done every side-qest, every sidestory (take a guide for Y1-Y4, because there a lot of missable), every amon fight.

Yeah it take a while, but for march 20, i think this totally possible to do it !

Only on Kiwami right now after beating 0.

Still pre-ordered the after hours edition. Will wait for Kiwami 2 though. So will have it just sitting there. And drink out of those glasses.

Only on Kiwami right now after beating 0.

Still pre-ordered the after hours edition. Will wait for Kiwami 2 though. So will have it just sitting there. And drink out of those glasses.

Nah man. I played 0 and Kiwami, you can easily skip Kiwami and play through 3-5. That's what I am doing. 2 is pretty self contained I heard.

RPGCrazied

haha if you have the intention to play every single main game in the series, it took me 10 months(1-2 hours a day + some longer sessions), with 1 exception for The last guardian + 1 month break for Y5 because i got my yakuza overdose on that one. Ive done every side-qest, every sidestory (take a guide for Y1-Y4, because there a lot of missable), every amon fight.

Yeah it take a while, but for march 20, i think this totally possible to do it !

I plan to.

After Kiwami, I have 3, 4 waiting for me. 5 is digital only, won't buy or download that until I'm done with 3 more games, which will take awhile.

Jumeira

Banned
This looks like such a massive step forward from Yakuza 0. Whole bunch of changes that im used to in 3rd person games that was frustratingly left out of the previous games, like proper ragdoll, easily vault over objects (rather then having to walk around) seamless transition into buildings, its silly as it should be standard, these are modern expectations from most western open world games, but just seeing this being demo'd has really made the game much more attractive to play. No more tank Kiriyu. Cannot wait tbh.

Rellik

I plan to.

After Kiwami, I have 3, 4 waiting for me. 5 is digital only, won't buy or download that until I'm done with 3 more games, which will take awhile.

I just hope you don't burn yourself out because I couldn't even begin 5 because of Yakuza burnout.

RPGCrazied

I just hope you don't burn yourself out because I couldn't even begin 5 because of Yakuza burnout.

Maybe. But I'm loving everything about 0. If the other games falter from what made 0 so perfect then maybe.

I'm liking the story then anything else, the sub stories are good too. The mini games can distract you from that. Hell, I spent like a whole day just on the club mini game.

Ruruja

Pre-ordered, looking forward to the new engine.

Maybe. But I'm loving everything about 0. If the other games falter from what made 0 so perfect then maybe.

I'm liking the story then anything else, the sub stories are good too. The mini games can distract you from that. Hell, I spent like a whole day just on the club mini game.

I think you'll be okay. I played through 1-5 from September last year to January. Just about to finish 0 and I'm still hungry for more.

Top Bottom