• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 7 runs at 900p 60fps on Series S? Is this true or BS?

blackjon24

Is this game not that well optimized or something? I'm not a tech guy but should this game really have trouble running on xbox series x 4k 60fps with max settings?

bitbydeath

XSX is 1440P @ 60fps
PS5 might be 4K @ 60fps (TBC)
felHMKu.jpg

Last edited:
How is 4k/30fps on XSX and PS5 is 4k/60? That's strange to me.

PS5 isn't 4k/60, Yakfan deleted that tweet. He was taking the YouTube compression resolution/framerate as gospel, but it got pixel counted at 1440p.

Sega haven't confirmed on PS5 yet, but it'll have parity with Series X, if for no other reason than 2080 TI can't lock 60 (or even close) at 4k with this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

bitbydeath

How is 4k/30fps on XSX and PS5 is 4k/60? That's strange to me.

Why strange?

Wild that they are able to push double the framerate at 4k out of a weaker console.

Why do you think it’s weaker? There’s a lot of variables in play that many are refusing to acknowledge that could give PS5 the edge on power.

fake it will be the same or worse on ps5

You don’t know that.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Is this true at all? Sega being Lazy?

Im guessing that means PS5 and Series X cant run it at 60fps 4k?
I have been saying this forever but any game that runs at 1440p on PS5 and XSX will be lucky to run at 900p on the xss. It's only got 1/3rd the flops so expect 1/3rd the resolution which means 3.6 million 1440p pixels become 1.2 million 800p pixels. be happy its running at 900p or 1.4 million pixels. expect some downgrades on top.

Armorian

Banned
Why strange?

Why do you think it’s weaker? There’s a lot of variables in play that many are refusing to acknowledge that could give PS5 the edge on power.

You don’t know that.

What are you smoking? Unless XSX is heavily handicapped by software (dev tools) no game should run/look worse on it than PS5. Parity aims may bring XSX versions to PS5 levels but that's it.

For a locked 60fps on the Series X it's 1080p, the 1440p options has some drops below 60fps but it's also during attacks where you have no real control because it's turn based so it's not like you are going to feel it. Clearly it's the engine and the devs lacking resources to truly take advantage of the hardware, odd choice for MS to put out there as one of their early hands on games.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

the engine might be not optimized properly for 'next gen' yet or the devs need some time with the devs kit?

on other perspective, this is the indicator of how xss would run when for example a game created targetted 1440p on xsx/ps5.

Last edited:
Why strange?

You don’t know that.

Here's why;

1. The PS5 would need to have a GPU much stronger than the 2080 TI which can only average 50 FPS at 4k.

2. Microsoft moneyhatted, in a sense, the game and developers actively prioritised the Xbox Series version. Even if the PS5 version could do better, devs would almost certainly force parity.

3. As I stated above, Yakfan took the YouTube compression rate as gospel, but was called on it by a simple pixel count showing the PS5 clips were running at 1440p

This game is 1440p/60fps or 4k/30fps on PS5 until proven otherwise.

JFC can we not do this again. Proof has been provided already in the thread to debunk PS5 version being 4K 60fps. The regular warring is bad enough but people flat out ignoring evidence of something being false is beyond retarded, it’s literal shit-dribbling.

Son, just don’t.

Edit: see above for Hix explaining why.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

What are you smoking? Unless XSX is heavily handicapped by software (dev tools) no game should run/look worse on it than PS5. Parity aims may bring XSX versions to PS5 levels but that's it.

What about fill rate? What about bottlenecks? What about streaming relieving the GPU? What about having more unified memory? What about the decompression having its own dedicated hardware. What about cache scrubbers? What about the fact everything runs faster due to the high clocks?

You can’t just look at a number and go, well this must be better because it’s higher. That’s not how tech works.

FStubbs

Isn't Xbox Series S weaker than Xbox One X? It's not a surprise there are some games it doesn't handle as well.

Why would it run better on ps5 unless sega purposely sabotaged the xbox series x version? We know the specs, we know that the ps5 is weaker than xbox series x.

Sony allegedly paid Epic to make Unreal Engine 5 run best on PS5 so who knows in this new generation.

Here's why;

1. The PS5 would need to have a GPU much stronger than the 2080 TI (a 16.1 tflops GPU) which can only average 50 FPS at 4k.

2. Microsoft moneyhatted, in a sense, the game and developers actively prioritised the Xbox Series version. Even if the PS5 version could do better, devs would almost certainly force parity.

3. As I stated above, Yakfan took the YouTube compression rate as gospel, but was called on it by a simple pixel count showing the PS5 clips were running at 1440p

4. PS5 has a magic SSD that allows it to do magic?

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Here's why;

1. The PS5 would need to have a GPU much stronger than the 2080 TI (a 16.1 tflops GPU) which can only average 50 FPS at 4k.

Yes, that’s why I wrote TBC.

Armorian

Banned
What about fill rate? What about bottlenecks? What about streaming relieving the GPU? What about having more unified memory? What about the decompression having its own dedicated hardware. What about cache scrubbers? What about the fact everything runs faster due to the high clocks?

You can’t just look at a number and go, well this must be better because it’s higher. That’s not how tech works.

Do you believe MS left bottlenecks in their console they clearly designed with highest power in mind? Faster CPU, GPU and RAM - unless dev software is fucked up games can't run worse on it.

lachesis

I was wondering, it is PS4 game from earlier this year - so how did it run? 1080p/30fps pro and 900p/30fps for Vanilla?

I suspect there's going to be a long list of sub 1080p S games, especially if there's a 60fps mode. It's a 4TF machine, there's a limit to what it can do.
That's great for the guy who posted that thread earlier about not caring about resolution or frames per second.

ZehDon

Gold Member
The game offers a 1080p60 mode on Xbox Series X, and we'll presume the PS5. Why would 900p be a surprise? Game runs terribly for what it is.

bitbydeath

Do you believe MS left bottlenecks in their console they clearly designed with highest power in mind? Faster CPU, GPU and RAM - unless dev software is fucked up games can't run worse on it.

Yes, removing bottlenecks isn’t an easy task. It is very likely given what we’ve seen from them to date.

As I said, if you assume (based on no evidence) that the PS5 version will have secret sauce to out-perform XsX and the best PC GPUs money can buy, then you run into the problem of Microsoft funding this game even seeing light of day in the West and on next gen. Devs will almost certainly force parity, it's been paid for.

Parity will be the normal target for most devs next gen to skirt negative publicity anyway - but you can't tell me the PS5 GPU is somehow vastly outperforming that of a 2080 TI. That's beyond the realms of believable.

Top Bottom