• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza: Kiwami coming to PC on February 19

Mista

Banned
header.jpg

Yakuza: Kiwami coming to PC on February 19th!

Here’s a gif confirming the February 19th release date. You can see it fast in the last frame

YAKUZA_TEASER_GIF_03.gif

Also here’s the games Steam page:

Last edited:

FINALLY!!!!!!!

Have been waiting to continue playing it but only wanted to on PC.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Day 1 purchase. Yakuza 0 opened my eyes to a style of game I'd previously had no experience of and it was brilliant, joyfully silly, good old fashioned fun.

Thanks Mista Mista for the heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kazza

February 19th release date now officially confirmed:

The game is now up for pre-order on Steam:

All pre-orders are digital deluxe editions, and include the following:

YK_DLUX_10OFF_ARRAY_616X333_UK_V2.jpg

Both 6 and Kiwami 2 need to happen (and seeing how well 0 seems to have sold on Steam, I'm sure they will). I can't wait to experience the dragon engine in 60fps.
I do wonder if that will lock elements of the code to 30fps or make the ragdoll physics really wonky as it happens in other games like uncharted 123 on ps4. Hard to say how the new engine works.

Can't blame them for 30fps since from what ive seen kiwami 2 looks incredibly detailed for open world, the game doesn't get enough credit for the graphics.. Screw it im picking it up today lol

Aren117

Fuckin finally! Don't even want to play it (the whole cross-gen trilogy is weak, imo), just glad they are finally putting this out so we can move on to Yakuza 6 on PC. It ran like shit on PS4, can't wait to see it beautiful on PC!

KonradLaw

Day 1 for me. Absolutely loved Yakuza 0. I hope they not only bring Kimiwami 2 and 6 to PC, but also the PS4 remasters of 3,4 and 5.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
What was the download size for this on PS4? I'm trying to figure out how much real estate this will take up on my very tiny hard drive. >_<

Kazza

I do wonder if that will lock elements of the code to 30fps or make the ragdoll physics really wonky as it happens in other games like uncharted 123 on ps4. Hard to say how the new engine works.

Can't blame them for 30fps since from what ive seen kiwami 2 looks incredibly detailed for open world, the game doesn't get enough credit for the graphics.. Screw it im picking it up today lol

Even a solid 30fps, 1080p resolution and no screen tearing would be a big improvement over the PS4 version (I hear Kiwami 2 is much better in that regard), but the lack of uncapped framerates would be a little disappointing after the excellent Yakuza 0 port. I guess we'll just have to wait and see (sometime later this year, hopefully)

Even a solid 30fps, 1080p resolution and no screen tearing would be a big improvement over the PS4 version (I hear Kiwami 2 is much better in that regard), but the lack of uncapped framerates would be a little disappointing after the excellent Yakuza 0 port. I guess we'll just have to wait and see (sometime later this year, hopefully)

Yeah kiwami and 0 on ps4 are pretty solid 60fps with just a bit of occasional tearing.. gotta wait for kw2 to ship but the demo on psn didn't seem bad.

Kazza

It looks like Sega have removed Denuvo, if that's important to anyone here:

eehZxjF.png

Also, Yakuza 0 seems to have another update in the works, which could possibly remove Denuvo, as well as provide other updates and fixes (iirc, 0 and Kiwami share the same engine, so it would make sense for the developers to have improved things during the porting of Kiwami).

Sega's Denuvo policy seems a bit hard to predict. It was initially included in both Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Two Point Hospital, was later removed from TPH but kept in VK4, and wasn't included at all in the recent Catherine release.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Kazza Kazza yeah I saw that on reddit - good to hear. Hopefully Sega start moving away from that god-awful horse-shit.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Question for long-time series fans; I've never played a single Yakuza game and definitely want to play at least a few.

Do I start with 0 or 1, and why? Obviously 0's a prequel, I'm just wondering if it actually makes more sense to play in release order.

Question for long-time series fans; I've never played a single Yakuza game and definitely want to play at least a few.

Do I start with 0 or 1, and why? Obviously 0's a prequel, I'm just wondering if it actually makes more sense to play in release order.

I started with 0. From what I’ve read people suggest starting there. It does give some back story to some of the characters. One of which I really liked.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I started with 0. From what I’ve read people suggest starting there. It does give some back story to some of the characters. One of which I really liked.

Also 0 is a tonne of fun.

Kazza

What are some difference with the PS2 original, beyond better graphics?

Extra cutscenes to flesh out the villain's character, multiple-styles combat system imported from Zero, a few extra sub-stories added, redone voice-over. That's all I can recall, anyway.

Aren117

If you are not playing the series on launch order, or not willing to play OG Yakuza 1 at all, start with Zero. Kiwami has new cutscenes and some of the new characters from Zero also return.

But if you can play on launch order, it's a much better route to take.

Top Bottom