• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YES! Bestbuy.com just got a shipment of DS Lites

dyls

Yeah, they're finally getting back into stores in reasonable amounts, it seems. I saw a whole bunch of pink DS Lites at CC for Valentine's Day. I was this close to buying one for my wife, but she already has a white one.

I think Nintendo really had a chance to advertise the pink DS as the perfect Valentine's Day gift. They could have sold shitloads to guys struggling with gift ideas. Nothing better than being able to buy something for your wife/girlfriend in a store you don't feel completely uncomfortable being in. (EB/GS not withsthanding.)

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
a Master Ninja said:
It still blows my mind that I haven't seen a single DS Lite for sale at any stores in my area for almost 3 months.

It still blows my mind that there are actually stores out there that DON'T have DSLs.

a Master Ninja said:
It still blows my mind that I haven't seen a single DS Lite for sale at any stores in my area for almost 3 months.
You might have better luck if you stick with Targets. They seem to get sizable shipments pretty regularly assuming you're looking for one.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I see DS Lites everywhere here in Canada. I wouldn't have known there is any shortage of all. Wiis, on the other hand, have been a legend since launch.....

Firestorm

BocoDragon said:
I see DS Lites everywhere here in Canada. I wouldn't have known there is any shortage of all. Wiis, on the other hand, have been a legend since launch.....

I'm in Canada too and I knew two people searching for DS Lites for weeks. One gave up once he got into WoW. The other looked for 3 weeks before finding a white one. The Black and Pink are in okay stock, but the white seems to be impossible to find.

Vancouver region. And by that I mean region because this girl looked in Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, North Vancouver...

papercut

A lot of stores here in NYC have them in stock. TRU, Nintendo World, KB Toys...not Gamestop though. I guess we're getting the bulk of the shipments.

Cdammen

I'm considering buying a lite, importing a Ice Blue or buying a regular black. I'm now playing on a phat and I haven't touched my NDS in quite a while... mostly because I haven't bought a game since Mega Man ZX. Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime and Tetris DS are tempting but what lies ahead, besides Phantom Hourglass that is?

AdamBot

Cdammen said:
...what lies ahead, besides Phantom Hourglass that is?

Well, depends on your tastes... but I'm looking forward to:

Lunar Knights
Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl
Wario: Master of Disguise
SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
Lost in Blue 2
Final Fantasy XII: Revanant Wings
Dragon Quest IX
Pirate Battle
Chibi Robo Park Patrol

Hoping for stateside releases:

SimCity DS
Front Mission
Tingle RPG

Edit: Forgot Nanostray 2!

Big-E

Firestorm said:
I'm in Canada too and I knew two people searching for DS Lites for weeks. One gave up once he got into WoW. The other looked for 3 weeks before finding a white one. The Black and Pink are in okay stock, but the white seems to be impossible to find.

Vancouver region. And by that I mean region because this girl looked in Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, North Vancouver...

I guess I got lucky then cause on December 20th I walked in to FS on Robson and they had about 40 DSL.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Someone PM me when Best Buy gets a shipment of Wii. I'm hoping there will be some in the ad tomorrow.

My DS List
*NSMB
*Children of Mana
*Yoshi's Island DS
DQ: Rocket Slime
Lunar Knights
Hotel Dusk
FFXII-RW
DQIX

*Already purchase/received.

AdamBot

Rocket Slime is pure, unbridled sex.

I also bestow my highest recommendation upon Kirby Squeak Squad.

Both game are a bit on the short side, however.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Firestorm said:

Take a ferry to Victoria and you'd find some :D

Flipmo23

I live in NY and it's pretty much impossible to find one at the malls over here. Wii's are impossible to find, been trying to get one for my little cousin since before xmas

Top Bottom