• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yooka Laylee first trailer, delayed to 2017

Camjo-Z

Oh snap, paused the video at the title drop and didn't realize there was a dialogue sequence at the end. Even managed to get a shot at Nuts & Bolts in there!

thefro

Framerate is shit. Unity engine, right?

Don't think we can judge that fully until we get a direct upload from Playtonic somewhere.

2017? Depending on how late into 2017 they delay it, i hope Nintendo hands out some NX devkits, it would be a nice token of support to enable Playtonic to not have the game die on Wii U only (as far as Nintendo systems go).

Something's wrong if they're not hooked up already since several people on the team worked for Nintendo in the past. They should have really good contacts there.

Dweebo

Banned
Indeed.
After what happened with Mighty Number 9, I will gladly take this.
Trailer looks great.

Edit: Ha ha ha, that jab at Nuts and Bolts.

For sure, also when any game on Kickstarter says a release date the formula usually is to add one year additional to it to get the actual release.

It could easily sell better on Wii U than on NX, the system has not been that ugly to independent/eshop games.
The problem is if the system could run it amd its worth the trouble.
Being on the fence about the numbers on Wii U, as i can see many of those who would get it on Wii U already backed the Kickstarter and chose their reward platform.

Nonetheless, i want this game on as many platforms as possible, as i want it to be a success and Playtonic to go on with their stuff, and Nintendo needs more games, so keep devs who are still on good terms with you supported.

Looks fun, and I honestly didn't know it was supposed to be coming out this year originally. Rather they take their time and get it right.

Commo

Banned
Reminds me of Aero the Acro-Bat.

And published by Team 17?

Oh snap, paused the video at the title drop and didn't realize there was a dialogue sequence at the end. Even managed to get a shot at Nuts & Bolts in there!

And gritty first person shooters ("where is the brown level").

Anteater

didn't this get kickstarted like... last year? I didn't know it has a 2016 release date, surprised people are shocked at a 2017 release

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Jeez this looks pretty awesome, does this have funding outside of the kickstarter?
I mean it has to right? Because if it doesn't my salt levels about MN9 will surge.

Alienous

Oh man, that looks good.

I guess they are hamstrung to the Wii U due to Kickstarter. What a shame, but maybe it forces them to be more focused in their design.

Leflus

It has Minecarts. All is right with the world.
Not just regular minecarts either. Look at this dude! :)

newcharacterrevealed_1676163.png

The Lamp

Looks better than I ever imagined. They just need to smooth out some of the pop-in animations and things like the ring just disappearing when you collect it (which looks amateurish without some cool animation).

-MD-

Also, is this supposed to be more like Kazooie or Tooie?

Both sort of, the worlds start a certain size and can be expanded later on if you wish to do so.

As far as collectables go, they said they won't be going crazy with them and anything you collect has a purpose.

Zackat

I had a big stupid grin on my face the whole trailer. I figured it would get delayed some and that's alright. Looks great.

woopWOOP

Oh noooo, actual minecart sections?!

The shown areas look really, really good. Can't wait to explore it

Morts

Very impressed. I'll have to give this a try.

Too bad it looks like they might be launching the Wii U version against the NX.

Top Bottom