• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yooka Laylee first trailer, delayed to 2017

Maximo

Didn't like the trailer very much. Editing is poor, gameplay segments seem very randomly selected and it doesn't look like a particularly fun game to control. Animation could be better. Game still has a techdemo feel to me, doesn't look a far cry from the original kickstarter trailer like it should.

I'll play the shit out of it of course, but I was expecting a little more from the first true reveal.

Some of it is indeed rough but they still have 8+ months to finish it up.

Samemind

Great trailer, the world reveal at the end was pretty impressive. And laylee sounds way too cute <3

Im pretty glad we'll have the toybox to chew on while waiting til 2017.

tuxfool

Banned
Don't think we can judge that fully until we get a direct upload from Playtonic somewhere.

Why? Usually (assuming competency) any kind of capture is good enough to judge frame rate, just not image quality. Either way, it is Unity, it is a safer presumption that this will run worse than it should.

I just hope the game's writing isn't filled with 90% pop shots at Rare and MS and "remember when video games used to be this?!" The main villain is already pushing the subtlety.

I just hope the game's writing isn't filled with 90% pop shots at Rare and MS and "remember when video games used to be this?!" The main villain is already pushing the subtlety.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of it being

There's already too much of it tbh. It just seems so bitter and full of Edge

Kyuur

Expected a delay from the beginning.

Trailer looks good; definitely not a huge jump over other Banjo-likes in development and released like some people are expecting. Matches my expectations though and I can't wait to play it!

iFirez

I must have missed the news. Since when Team 17 is involved?

They're publishing, right?

Edit: Damn I was late.

Anyway, awesome looking trailer. I do get an un-finished vibe from the levels and lighting though. I love the characters and the overall aesthetic though, truly the modern day Banjo we deserve.

Shin-Ra

Fookin' TROWZER!

Trowzer.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Wow, I know this is from the Banjo guys but this is REALLY similar to Banjo. Not that I'm complaining. Looks great

looking great - trouser snake is much better animated than in the inital picture released.

i think my only worry is going to be lack of details/fully fleshed out world/repetitive baddies/etc.

yooka and laylee just feel so plain without any accents - just naked, no character.

can't wait to play

I really needed to see this game in motion, and it does indeed look much better than I imagined. I loved it — including the music. This is going to look so nice and clean on PC.

Top Bottom