• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yooka Laylee first trailer, delayed to 2017

Neiteio

It's a pretty loose and scrappy-feeling trailer that could've benefitted from a stronger focus and better editing. And I can't tell if it's framerate issues but something seems a bit shaky about the gameplay footage. But the creative content looks good. It certainly looks like a B-K successor. I'm sure it'll look a lot more polished and presentable by release.

really happy on the cart levels, needs more jumping to the mix which it seems to have

banjo was really bare bones in actual skillful jumping and gameplay to me so hope its addressed a lot

I am sure we could have gotten a lot more games like this if it wasnt for MS management. AKA come on MS.....

ozfunghi

Looks much better than the original demo had me expecting. On the other hand, i'm sure these aren't the WiiU graphics they were showing off. Since the game is now Q1 2017, you'd have to wonder if it doesn't make more sense as an NX launch game (too).

I mean...you don't think the delay was so an NX version could be in the works too right?

T-thanks not what the delay is about r-right?
[Heavy breathing]

I'm happy I backed this...actually I think it's the first game I backed on kickstarter

Man it's just nice seeing an N64 era style platformer again. Getting all nostalgic, and I wasn't even that big of a Banjo Kazooie fan.

Wow it's crazy how many people want this to come to NX! Lol

I hope Nintendo is listening. They're going to get most of the sales anyways so they really should get it for the NX too.

Aldric

Looks like classic N64 era 3d platformer gameplay alright. l wouldn't have it any other way. Now if they could iron out that framerate...

whyman

That looks bad. Horrible framerate, controls don't look solid and graphics in general last gen. Too bad, I had high hopes when I backed this.

Zendoc

Nice trailer. Don't like the music (and most of Mr.Kirkhope's works actually) (but give me Mr Wise all day every day).

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
It's only me or there's too much ring-racing-things?

I mean, looks good, but I really don't want a lot of this - no Superman 64 bullshit

MK_768

Only issue with this is that they've made a carbon copy of Banjo Kazooie, without the characters. It feels like a rip off but it isn't, it's a weird feeling.

I'm all over this game, but it just feels like a rehash right down to the logo. I'm sure it will be lots of fun, but.. It's weird, it's like making a sequel to Mario but swapping out the characters with a cast looking slightly different.

Yeah but it's different cause MS has literally neglected Banjo. Fans want Banjo so badly they'll accept a clone. Kinda like how everyone was okay with Mighty No. 9. Except now people have soiled on the game because of stupidity from the developer. In this scenario it's clear Playtonic doesn't have their heads up their own ass like Inafune.

Anyways, I love the music in this game. It definitely feels and sounds like Banjo and I'm okay with it. If MS is going to let Banjo die then I will gladly accept a spiritual successor. Not upset about the delay. I think most knew it was going to get delayed at the beginning of the kickstarter lol.

R3s0jbv.png

Hobby Consolas fucking up again, how surprising.

I was wondering why the OP linked some small site with a shoddy video player

Is the biggest videogame magazine in Spain (that doesnt mean they are any good, just that they are the most sold one), so no, they are not unknowns in the industry, but their website has always been shit.
Not surprising they jumped the DNA because they are pretty bad at this stuff.

I feel really happy to see how nicely this is coming toghether. I expect feeling similar about Shenmue 3 when it's trailer drops :p

Shtof

People still believe new Crash is not coming? The 3D platformer is coming back, friends. Cherish the moment.

MrHoot

Jank aside, that does look (and sound) exactly like the 3d platformer I wished for ! super happy about it !

AaronMT86

Likely the build shown in the videos is running under debug with no optimizations. Performance variance should be different when the final build is available.

Looks awesome. Strange to see people complaining about lack of polish when Playtonic stated they're releasing in 2017 so they can polish the game...

dmr87

Looks awesome, happy backer. Also, Kickstarter release dates to me are just placeholders so I don't treat this as a delay. Can't wait!

maxcriden

I mean...you don't think the delay was so an NX version could be in the works too right?

T-thanks not what the delay is about r-right?
[Heavy breathing]

I'm happy I backed this...actually I think it's the first game I backed on kickstarter

I think there's at least a small chance of that, yeah.

ultrazilla

Unity? Damn. Wouldn't have backed it had I known. I can't stand the engine.

Should have went with Unreal Engine 4. Not concerned with the delay now. I may even ask for a refund.

Top Bottom