• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi’s Crafted World - Gameplay.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Dominated Yoshi's Wooly World. It's only natural I give this one the same treatment. By the way, I love what I saw in the gameplay video that OP posted.

Parts old and new. I can dig it.

Orta

Banned
Charming little game and it looks gorgeous undocked.

If only we could change the sodding soundtrack though.

Saruhashi

Banned
Played the demo of this too and it's a good looking game with a lot of charm.
I enjoyed the kind of puzzle elements but I do wonder what kind of platforming they are going to have.

The style is just so impressive and creative. There's a lot of depth there with tons of little references it seems.

I'm guessing it's going to rank as better than Kirby and New Mario Bros Deluxe but not on the same level as Tropical Freeze.

ChuyMasta

Ehhh....Did the dev team receive no feedback regarding the soundtrack after New Yoshi's story DS?

I mean, come on!

L0wMax

The demo was really fun. I even started to think the music was catchy (still could be much, much better though). I will get the full game.
Here's the Digital Foundry Analysis:

Smasher89

Played through woolly world like twice with the amiibo extra character, sad theres no modes in this for 1 player 2 characters deemingly as it was the main selling point for me. Final boss could crash with that though, something I had not seen in a nintendibranded platformer.

kevm3

Why did Nintendo decide to make Yoshi sound so obnoxious like he's some kind of baby? he sounded nothing like this in Yoshi's Island or the snes games.

Graphically, the game looks great. I just hope it has more difficulty than Yoshi's woolly world.

Rodolink

Is it me , or it feels worse in U4 than in their inhouse engine (like in WW)? (havent played it yet, just judging by the videos, it looks kind of "jaggy" not as smooth as WW) I wonder if it was an improvement for the team internally, if they cut production costs etc. Would be interesting to see in a dev diary. I guess they wanted to try the engine and chose Yoshi for this. Or maybe they wasted a lot of time training new reclutes that already knew U4 and so they switched.

Top Bottom