• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida's top 10 games of the generation, is fan of Sony titles

I'm on board with a lot of his list, of what I've played anyway. Even the games I wouldn't put in the top 10 would probably go in the top 20. Persona 4 Golden deserves its spot. Shu broke all them hearts and brushed off his shoulder on Valentine's Day.

ChryZ

It's a good list. Disagree and whine all you want, it's all highly subjective anyway.

Shu is good people, his emotional episode was really touching and I can totally relate.

Lost Odyssey is a great game dragged down by obnoxious, tedious loading times (even installed to the HDD) on top of a fairly routine combat system that doesn't do anything special, and boring (also tedious) dungeons. Some of those moving tile puzzles at the end of the game were just awful. Go here, flip this switch, go there, flip that switch *yawn*.

It's also "dragged down" by having a cliched story.

And terrible voice acting with strange, terrible dialog that's significantly worse than even something heavily criticized like XIII.

And absolutely atrocious character visual designs, including on the main character.

Also poor visuals.

And nothing particularly exciting to compensate for the above.

Forgive me -- I am having some trouble locating anything "great" to drag down via the above. It's an OK throwback to older FFs but not as good.

(I should add: I know it's easy to just call everything terrible. It's the cool thing to do, and GAFfers specialize in it. However I really do mean all of the above without hyperbole. I try to be positive about things when I can.)

According to his trophies:

1. Journey - Finished the game

2. Demon’s Souls/Dark Souls (tie for #2 and #3) - Finished Dark Souls and killed 8 demons in Demon's Souls

3. Demon’s Souls/Dark Souls (tie for #2 and #3)

4. The Last of Us - Finished on normal

5. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

6. Sound Shapes (Favorite PS Vita game) - Finished the campaign and 2 death mode levels (which lives up to its name)

7. Persona 4: The Golden

8. LittleBigPlanet - Completed the story mode

9. Grand Theft Auto V - At least played it.

10. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

So, he did play these games.

Plus he says he put 80 hrs down on P4 Golden.

Wow guys. Don't go to the segment where he gets emotional talking about Journey unless you wanna experience...

wave_of_feels-18739.gif

I love that game too Shu.

God damn I finally got around listening to this podcast and the Shu segment... So many feels!!!!!!! I teared up just listening to him. Makes me want to play through Journey again for sure. Probably on PS4 next time.

Croyles

Seems like most on here didn't even take the time to listen to the podcast/podcast segment.

Journey is so hyped to me at this point I dont know if it can ever live up to my expectations now. Especially since I know the
other player
twist

That's not a twist...

Damn, him tearing up at the end...
Journey really is a hell of an experience.

This.

Just reading through some of these comments, I can tell most of you failed to actually LISTEN to his commentary and reasoning. This was actually a very personal conversation with the man.

He was genuinely crying at the end.

So, yeah, have a little more respect here people.

Just listened to this.

I gotta a confession to make.
I got teary listining to Shu talk about Journey.
Just like I did when I played the last level of the game for the first time.

:,)

ckohler

I just listened to this podcast.

I was not expecting to hear Shu practically break into tears when he told the story of the girl who lost her father while playing Journey. Emotional stuff.

:(

Top Bottom