• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now buy PS4 controllers

antibolo

Banned
This is great news, if the PS4 controller works on a PS3 while in USB mode then the chances of PS3 sticks working on the PS4 is high, because it means it's most likely just a HID class device.

a916

For those that have, I am wondering why some people did?

(I'm not trying to talk down or anything, just trying to gauge people's reasons)

I did for the PS3 but that's because of local co-op on a lot of games. I don't plan on doing for the PS4 since none of the games I'm getting are local co-op.

Dereck

According to the store locator, there are no dualshocks within 100 miles. I even typed in New York City just to see if the thing works and there's none within 100 miles of that. Typed in Los Angeles and there are all kinds there. Maybe it's only on the west coast.
How are you searching for DS4s?

Gorillaz

If it's true that they work on PS3 I might pick on up until PS4 drops.

edit: the closest gamestop with it is 56 miles....nawww

I really want to go look for one and buy it but at the same time, I want to wait until the PS4 is actually out. I'm so confused!

Eusis

If blue ones were out I'd seriously consider grabbing one. As is I want SOME color diversity with extra controllers.

wwm0nkey

A non over-exaggerated thumb picture!

jbuhcSJZyIckND.jpg

The thumbs DO NOT TOUCH!

aronmayo2

Banned
This reminds me of how Australian stores were selling the Xbox 360 controller 3 months before launch. I got one and held it in my hands alot until launch. Lol.

gazele

Banned
every Gamestop near me in Utah has tons of them.

we need more reviews from people!

yeah, pretty much every SLC store has em, but I don't have PS3 or PC and never really plan on needing more than one controller…so I probably shouldn't go buy it…but for some reason i still want to lol

Foxix Von

I might go pick this up in a bit. It'd be one less thing to grab on the way out on the 15th, I want in and out of that line as soon as possible.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
So, here, in NY, just two suburbs from New York city, I called around about this. At first, earlier in the day, from the same stores, I got anything from no idea what you're talking about to, it'll be available when the system comes out. Just now, I got one reply saying he didn't know, call another bigger local store. The other bigger local store said, yes, 48 in transit, so... sometime next week. I call back the first store to tell them what the other store said to inform the guy(in a positive, you should know the other store is getting then, so hopefully you will, kind of way), and the guys manager told him, yes, they're on the way and can be sold.

Here's to getting hold of a controller in advance of the system!

wwm0nkey

How does it compare to the 360 pad? Is it comfortable? What did you think of the DS4?

I neeeeed this

Its extremely comfortable, after 8 years of using the 360 pad I had NO issues immediately adjusting to this controller, its great and comfortable!

Also I did not like the DS3 at all.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nice! I'm borrowing my housemate's PS3 to play The Last of Us soon, and I'd love to play it with the DS4 if possible.

Sorral

It works as a basic HID device (buttons, sticks). Lots of newer games only work with Xinput devices (360 controller). This uses Dinput.

Awesome news, thanks!
Compared to the DS3, that's better than nothing because I had to use MotionJoy's drivers to get it to work.

Oh yeah, just called a local GameStop and they have it! They also have the camera but I'm not getting that until there's something good that uses it.

U2NUMB

Damn it.. nothing within 100 miles and I have like 100 gamestops near me. I do not even need a second controller but I would have bought one.. how sick is that?

How does it compare to the 360 pad? Is it comfortable? What did you think of the DS3?

I neeeeed this

The shape is much more comfortable, especially when compared the the wireless 360 controller (I've been using a wired for my pc for this very reason). The joystick are fabulous, nice and grippy, kind of a combo of the ps3 convex tops with the concave dip ish thing on a new version 360 controller. The trigger are the best triggers I have ever used, the track pad is useless right now for pc. Hopefully, Sony, or some hack guy will have a driver that will make it work as a mouse. Overall, I think this is the best controller I have ever used.

wwm0nkey

Damn it.. nothing within 100 miles and I have like 100 gamestops near me. I do not even need a second controller but I would have bought one.. how sick is that?

Call them too, its possible they just have not scanned it in to their systems yet.

BestBuy needs to get these. i have credit available and intend on using it for my second controller. REALLY don't want to slog through the crowds on the saturday after PS4 launches...

nictron

Tell me how it feels. Give us a proper review. Compare it directly to a 360 controller. Desperate!

This was all caps originally.

Top Bottom