• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can STILL get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection off Origin for free, right now!

No, this isn't a scam or pirate method. This is 100% legal and official.

the_sims_2_kolekcja_cover_pc.jpg

Despite the promotion for The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection ending 3 years ago in order to promote The Sims 4, you can still get it to this day.

What you need
- An Origin account
- A real, legal, serial key from The Sims 2 base game (NOT expansion(s), any will do)
- Consideration

Instructions
1. Create a case from here.
2. Sims 2 -> promotion question -> codes and promotion.
3. Type something like "Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" as the subject line for your new case.
4. Chat with an EA Game Advisor via live chat <- this is what worked for me.
When the new window pops up and you get a generic "we're on it" message, it means it isn't working, so switch browsers. For me, I had to change from Chrome to Edge.
5. When you're in the live chat, say something along the lines of:
"I'm trying to reinstall The Sims 2 on my 64-bit machine but it won't work. I'm a long time Sims and EA fan and this would mean so much to me if I can get this working, is it possible I can be upgraded to the Ultimate Collection?"
Don't just copy and paste this.
6. For me, the advisor said there's "possibilities" and asked me to provide my CD key for the base game. So give it to them by typing it out; DON'T COPY AND PASTE IT.
7. The CD key must be real as they run a check on their old code system. As they are checking, login to your Origin account and wait a few minutes.
8. They will ask for your Origin email, again, give it to them and type it out.
9. After a few minutes, you'll get an email saying a new code has been added to your support case. Wah-lah, you've just received The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection in your Origin Library within minutes.
10. ENJOY!

Some little extra advice: don't copy and paste ANYTHING. EVER. Don't copy and paste the quotations from above too; be creative. :) DO be polite and thankful but not pushy and aggressive, as the advisor may check your previous case(s) if they feel you're trying too hard.

This method isn't a 100% guarantee success, although it worked for me 1st time not long ago (proof). If it doesn't work out for you, just thank them and try another time.

And I'll say it again, this is a 100% legal and official method as it uses a real Sims 2 CD key and is done through EA themselves.

Enjoy the best Sims game!

Well, that's nice of them. I claimed the Ultimate collection when they were giving it away, but I still have my physical TS2 and its expansions somewhere.
It's a pitty the game looks dated AF today. Easily the best Sims game.

Top Bottom