• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You guys ready? I'm insane and made a 1 year anniversary thread for HELLBOY 2! ZOMG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Visually stunning, but, like the first one, weakly scripted. Del Toro tends to deal with big concept on very basic terms when it comes the Hellboy universe. It surpasses the first by not being a totally cliche'd bore, but also by being much funnier and with better action sequences to boot. Still though, that stuff with the goth looking people was some weirdly cliche'd fan fiction stuff and the twist at the end has my mind falling down plot holes just thinking about it.

Very good film, but not all that it should have been.

Timbuktu

I just saw this on TV, but was pretty disappointed after this thread. I can't remember that much about the first movie apart from the nazi clockwork assassin guy. It reminded me of MIB in places, but not quite as amusing or endearing. But this one put me off a bit more somehow, like at the beginning when the guys in suits that the main guys know on a first name basis get eaten alive and no one seems to care or try to save them. I also never felt that the Golden Army would really threaten the world when all you have to do is to kill one guy, or his sister, or destroy the remote and the army probably can't even get out of northern ireland. Still, the visuals and the effects are good, I liked the german guy, but I think the main thing is that the humor didn't really work on me.

bengraven

If I haven't made it apparent in past threads, Fistful is my favorite poster. Not just because of our shared obsession with Natalie Portman, but just cuz.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
One of the worst films last year. The only thing creative in the whole project was his art style he used. Everything else was just generic trash.

Pretty entertaining film, with some great art direction..., but that's all.

And the locker scene was awful to watch, for a minute I thought I was watching "Superhero movie" or some other third rate comedy....

Acid08

Banned
TDK is mad overrated. I enjoyed Hellboy 2 A LOT more than I thought I would. Loved the first one, ended up liking this one more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom