• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You guys ready? I'm insane and made a 1 year anniversary thread for HELLBOY 2! ZOMG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

From Wiki.

3rd movie will be about Nazi's!

Hellboy 3

A third movie is in the conception stages, set to focus on the combat between Hellboy and a brainwashed Archangel that had been held captive by Nazis since World War II. There will also be the return of Rasputin and Kroenen, and the debut of Roderick Zinco. New B.P.R.D Agents include Lobster Johnson and possibly Roger the Homunculus. The prophecy of Hellboy fulfilling his destiny as the Beast of the Apocalypse will be fulfilled, and additionally, Hellboy will have to learn to be a father to twins. Del Toro's commitments to the Hobbit films will delay any potential involvement in the project.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
You know, first I read the comic book. That shit is GREAT, like you follow this dude who happens to be a demon called to earth by the nazis to bring apocalypse upon us. Through chance he ended up being raised as a human kid by an english man.

It was a dark tale of a dude who despite being a demon, had very human problems. A bit like in Sandman, Hellboy has problem far worse than ours but still he struggles with questions we all ask ourselves : Who are we? What his our purpose in life? How the fuck can I get rid of those horns growing on my head?

... Actually you can bar that last one.

Then a movie adaptation is done, I hear good things of it. Then I fucking see it.

THEY MADE A DUMBASS OUT OF HELLBOY, A JAR JAR BINKS WANNABEE OUT OF ABE!!!!

NERD RAGE!!!!! THIS MOVIE SUCKS MASSIVE BALLS!!!!! RRRRRRRAAAHHHH!!!

tl/dr version : No fisful, I'm not with you.

I hope there is a 3rd

Hated the gas guy though. I can't believe they couldn't think of anything better to replace the professor with

Edt: Well I guess there will be :D

Climax to the film takes place in Northern Ireland at the giants causeway (Albeit it doesn't really look like it lol) + John Alexander did a pretty fair approximation of a Norn Iron accent.

Thus Hellboy 2 is win.

wRATH2x

Banned
Solo said:
I picture the stereotypical emo hipster guy. Pale, skinny as hell, tight pants, feminine clothes and haircut.

But who knows, he could be a bodybuilder for all I know.
I'm thinking more in the line of a stereotypical pedophile.

Mistouze said:
You know, first I read the comic book. That shit is GREAT, like you follow this dude who happens to be a demon called to earth by the nazis to bring apocalypse upon us. Through chance he ended up being raised as a human kid by an english man.

It was a dark tale of a dude who despite being a demon, had very human problems. A bit like in Sandman, Hellboy has problem far worse than ours but still he struggles with questions we all ask ourselves : Who are we? What his our purpose in life? How the fuck can I get rid of those horns growing on my head?

... Actually you can bar that last one.

Then a movie adaptation is done, I hear good things of it. Then I fucking see it.

THEY MADE A DUMBASS OUT OF HELLBOY, A JAR JAR BINKS WANNABEE OUT OF ABE!!!!

NERD RAGE!!!!! THIS MOVIE SUCKS MASSIVE BALLS!!!!! RRRRRRRAAAHHHH!!!

tl/dr version : No fisful, I'm not with you.

FYI The creator of the comics, Mike Mignola is very fond of the movie version of Hellboy. They are the same character but different interpretations of them.

And your description of him as Jar Jar Binks is pretty dumb.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Aside from some nice visuals, I was really disappointed with Hellboy 2. They should’ve worked on the script a little more.
NYR said:
From Wiki.

3rd movie will be about Nazi's!
If they really are going to include Lobster Johnson in the third, I’ll be there.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
fistfulofmetal said:
FYI The creator of the comics, Mike Mignola is very fond of the movie version of Hellboy. They are the same character but different interpretations of them.

That interpretation sucks.

And your description of him as Jar Jar Binks is pretty dumb.

Dumber than Abe in the movie? I don't think soooo.

jon bones said:
you're one of the least likable people on GAF
I agree with this, but also do like Hellboy.

The second one had better art design, action set-pieces and a bigger budget, but the first one was a better film.

Flo_Evans

fallengorn said:
Aside from some nice visuals, I was really disappointed with Hellboy 2. They should’ve worked on the script a little more.

this. I was so excited to see Guillermo take on hellboy. Left disappointed.

harSon

Banned
I need to watch it again, I watched it late night at the theaters after having a bunch of drinks, I found it a bit cheesy (More so than the first) and dull at parts. It comes on Cinemax or Starz everyday, think I'll rewatch to see if I actually enjoy it or not.

yacobod

Banned
i enjoyed hellboy 2 a lot more than the first one, i remember it being one of my favorite movies last summer at the movies

I saw this in theaters, and the elemental fight really stayed with me after the movie was over. But I felt like neither this nor the first movie really came together in a way that engaged me in the story.

Very impressive in what Del Toro was able to accomplish visually on a limited budget, but for such unique source material the whole thing just felt a little... thin.

mjc

I liked Hellboy 2. The plot didn't seem as chohesive as the one from the first movie, but the visuals were pretty great. Whats up with all the del Toro hate on GAF? A lot of you act like he microwaved your cats.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
bjork said:
On one hand, I want to say I'm with you because Sera is.

But on the other hand, lol @ thread. Maybe I'll make a 12-year thread or whatever for Spice World next year.

i remember cracking up at the bridge jump...

im gunna find this movie and watch it again

harSon

Banned
mjc said:
I liked Hellboy 2. The plot didn't seem as chohesive as the one from the first movie, but the visuals were pretty great. Whats up with all the del Toro hate on GAF? A lot of you act like he microwaved your cats.

He's a great visionary but he's a bit overrated, especially for someone with his portfolio of films. I personally think he's at his best when dealing with movies that are culturally relevant to himself, Pan's Labyrinth and The Devil's Backbone are still his two best movies by far. Mimic, Blade II and Hellboy I & II are all average at best IMO.

pringles

An appreciation thread for a movie that actually deserves it?? Did I somehow stumble onto the wrong board?

Loved both Hellboy movies, the 2nd especially. They seem so "fresh" compared to other superhero movies. And Del Toro is really the master of creating awesome creatures.

The Hobbit is going to be so good.

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
Hellboy 2.

Fuck yeah.

The affects involved in making Wink are so fucking good. Like watching it you don't even question that his mouth moves naturally.

duckroll

harSon said:
He's a great visionary but he's a bit overrated, especially for someone with his portfolio of films. I personally think he's at his best when dealing with movies that are culturally relevant to himself, Pan's Labyrinth and The Devil's Backbone are still his two best movies by far. Mimic, Blade II and Hellboy I & II are all average at best IMO.

Well, I think it's much more than just that. To me, Del Toro is very much like Jim Henson. He's great with practical effects and using them to create a weird and sometimes unsettling "other world" within our world. I just wish he would focus on those strengths and work on stuff which is more mythological and atmospheric, rather than attempt stuff which degenerate into action fights. He sucks balls at action, and every time there's a fight in Blade 2 or the Hellboy movies it's hard not to cringe because it looks so silly and amateur.

Flo_Evans

harSon said:

It's like your my brother from another mother!

kbear

Anyone remember the release? Seeing Hellboy 2 on opening weekend was an experience. It wasn't just another night at the movies...it was a once in a lifetime thing you'll remember forever like seeing the birth of your first child, the day Diablo III comes out, losing your virginity, etc. I'm dead serious. I honestly don't think this film will be topped for years and years to come.
hey you stole my post
thief
hellboy 2 was great tho...work of art

Honestly, I must be insane here as well, because Hellboy 2 is one of my favorite Superhero movies of all time (actually, it was a good year for superhero movies last year cause Dark Knight was my other) and I liked them for different reasons. Dark Knight was a serious take on superheroes. What I loved about Hellboy 2 was its goofiness and excellent characters. the creature design was sooo good in this movie, the feeling I got was the same I felt as a kid watching the Cantina scene in star wars- This movie is so badass (and they drink Tecate!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom