• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You have been selected to join the exclusive Bloodborne™ Alpha Test

Brohan

Fuck meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

9UsNuZr.png

Dahell?!what is all that? Looks like artbooks and stuff!

Zero2kz

I guess I'm just thinking of games with really long alpha/beta phases. Suppose those are smaller dev teams though.

You are probably thinking about actual alpha tests.

Destiny, Bloodborne, and most of the other games that have had alphas recently are much closer to finished products compared to what an alpha usually is.

It is just a PR term to make it seem more exclusive and exciting. You are essentially getting a demo.

hawk2025

Just received a US email! Never signed up for the Europe list, so I assume a new round of emails for NA just went out, correct?

I got an email with a link to an Alpha agreement. It says there that I should click in the YES or ACCEPT button if I agree, but there's no button there...

Alucrid

Banned
fuck yeah got in

I got an email with a link to an Alpha agreement. It says there that I should click in the YES or ACCEPT button if I agree, but there's no button there...

i think that's just a preview of the tos, the alpha isn't even out yet

If you would like to participate in this exciting opportunity to get early access to Bloodborne and a sample of its online features, please monitor your inbox for another email from PlayStation with instructions in the coming weeks.

I get a feeling emails are being sent based on Dark Souls/Demon's Souls trophy progress...

People who got emails: Did you play them on PS3? Did you platinum them?

Alucrid

Banned
I get a feeling emails are being sent based on Dark Souls/Demon's Souls trophy progress...

People who got emails: Did you play them on PS3? Did you platinum them?

i only got plat on demon souls, only played dark souls on xbox / pc, did most of dark souls 2 of ps3

xinek

fuck yeah got in

i think that's just a preview of the tos, the alpha isn't even out yet

If you would like to participate in this exciting opportunity to get early access to Bloodborne and a sample of its online features, please monitor your inbox for another email from PlayStation with instructions in the coming weeks.
This is what I got. I'm in the USA and didn't sign up for anything or submit my details anywhere.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I was looking for that button too, but don't worry about it because it says that you are automatically accepting the agreement by downloading the software.

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE ALPHA TEST PROGRAM PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) AND INDICATE WHETHER YOU AGREE TO ITS TERMS BY EITHER (I) ACCESSING OR DOWNLOADING ANY OF THE ALPHA MATERIALS; OR (II) BY CLICKING THE “YES” OR “I ACCEPT” BUTTON.

majik13

I'm referring to the US invites right now.

ok, but I would imagine that they would probabaly handle them the same. I doubt the whole system is complex enough to cross check platinum and trophies, etc. Among other reasons why they wouldnt do this. But Im just guessing.

Also ayone want to share the US link?

ok, but I would imagine that they would probabaly handle them the same. I doubt the whole system is complex enough to cross check platinum and trophies, etc. Among other reasons why they wouldnt do this. But Im just guessing.

Sony sometimes send out emails congratulating you on getting a platinum. I remember people saying they did it for Last of Us.

For trophy data? Nah, they can easily check all of that stuff, it ain't that hard. It's just searching a user database.

Also, different regions can have different requirements for betas, that happens all the time.

..... :-D

You son of a bitch

Rymuth

I have a platinumed all three Souls games. Where's my invite? D:

People who got the invite: Did you find the email in your inbox or junk folder?

majik13

For trophy data? Nah, they can easily check all of that stuff, it ain't that hard. It's just searching a user database.

Also, different regions can have different requirements for betas, that happens all the time.

You son of a bitch

My point being this seems like a seperate compartmentalized beta site. Sure they probabaly could, sounds easy on paper. But still doesnt make sense why they would. Unles they would have advertized about doing it this way ahead of time, or mentioned it in the emails. Just seems it would be a bit pointless and more complex to go that route. And personally I haven't seen MS or Sony do anything like that before with achievments/trophys. But I dont know.

edit: Well now I see the line in the US email about "your skill and dedication being recognized". though that would likely just be marketing talk, and not really mean anything. Maybe its sending these out based on other criteria, like signing up on the beta site previously, etc.

Top Bottom