• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You Never Go Full Furry: MLP Equestrian Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakipon

I don't get it. MLP was popular because it was cute, right? Yet that high school style looks hideous. Absolutely hideous.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i bet this will split the fanbase, something i hope to cash with my new youtube series where i film real life horses making seductive eyes at a camera and play kpop over it.

We are responding to the desire by our fans to experience the brand in more ways

hasbro branded fleshlights?

I'm just going to paste the post I made in reply to Myke's in the community thread last night:

Hasbro should be aware that whimsy is a huge part of the appeal of FiM. This has none of it. Instead, here we are, back to the beaten-to-death american high school setting that no-one over 17 gives a shit about.

Oh look! The new girl is being bullied, but even so, she'll rise up to the challenge and become queen of the prom, despite all the efforts from the local bad girl.
How original!

I know some Equestria "girls", sirs, and these are not them.

(I'll be watching this, anyway... and probably end up liking it on the strength of the characters alone, unless they completely butcher them.)

Yeah, this is exactly how I feel. I do admit, it looks better in motion than I thought it would, but yeah the whole setting and concept leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Especially hearing a little of that theme song which sounds so overwhelmingly "GRRL POWER!" I want to believe in Ingram and his talent... but I'm just not hearing it.

I love fish out of water stuff and it looks like the scenes involving Twilight "adjusting" will be funny and worth watching. My sister, being the female man-child she is, will jump around with endless squee-ing just from seeing that trailer and will most likely demand we go see it in theaters (I admit, it would be kind of fun to see and meet the crowd that comes to see it)

Don't blame the Bronies for this one... we never asked for a vaguely furry high school drama.
Most wanted a Justice League style action series.

EDIT:

Why is Twilight an Alicorn? Why does this even exist?!
Maybe they could go the Potter route... oh wait... we had seven books worth of magical high school drama in Harry Potter and don't need this kiddie drivel.

Is this like, "Teens can't relate to anything unless DURR! HIGH SKEWL!!"

Gannd

Banned
Word around the stables is... the Bronies hate it.

They should have made them look fully human but kept the hair & dress colors from their pony form.

Don't you find all this hate exhausting? There are terrorists and murderer's out there to hate and you are hating on a children's show...

I don't think he hates a Children's show. It's the grown men that have fetishized a children's show

Kurita

My sister, being the female man-child she is, will jump around with endless squee-ing just from seeing that trailer and will most likely demand we go see it in theaters (I admit, it would be kind of fun to see and meet the crowd that comes to see it)
Why do you call her a man child?
Aren't girls the target of the show?

spootime

I don't think he hates a Children's show. It's the grown men that have fetishized a children's show

Correct. I have no issue with the show. I just think that the obsession grown men have with a young girls TV show is kind of weird.

I loved Season 1, really liked Season 2, liked Season 3, but this doesn't do anything for me.

The TV airing won't really cost me anything to record, I suppose, but no way in Hell I'd go to theaters for this.
Actually I wouldn't go to theaters for the show in general, but still, definitely not this.

Guessing it won't stop you from watching it?

Oh I WILL watch it. So I can hate on it and post on forums like NeoGAF about how much it sucks and how this is all Obama's fault.

Correct. I have no issue with the show. I just think that the obsession grown men have with a young girls TV show is kind of weird.

I hope you are referring to the ones only concerned with sexing the ponies. There is a substantial number of music composers, artists and writers of varying quality who use the show as a template to show off their skill. The sex crazy ones are pathetic creatures though. There are also people who enjoy watching stuff like Tom & Jerry who treat watching the show as the same, just a simple past-time.

Don't blame the Bronies for this one... we never asked for a vaguely furry high school drama.
Most wanted a Justice League style action series.

EDIT:

Why is Twilight an Alicorn? Why does this even exist?!
Maybe they could go the Potter route... oh wait... we had seven books worth of magical high school drama in Harry Potter and don't need this kiddie drivel.

Is this like, "Teens can't relate to anything unless DURR! HIGH SKEWL!!"

10 things I hate about hooves.

RSLAEV

Damn. I'm not a fan of the show but this is horrible-gotta grow the brand to get some of that tween market!

They took something unique and made it look like every other piece of crap show for kids.

Daingurse

cb352717_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg
. . .

Nether!

Tried to watch the pony cartoon once to see what the deal was.
Don't understand why it has such a huge fan-base.

SmokyDave

Pause the trailer at 35 seconds and it looks like the chick on the left is holding a cock (clipboard) and tickling the balls (pumpkins). Subliminally, of course.

Fritz

If I've learned something from the "awesome" fanart thread, this can only be saved by inflation, diapers and cannibalism.

I always wonder how the audience is divided, surely young girls must like the show aswell.
So how big is the bronie audience when talking about the full audience, are they a minority or they rather large? I know they are very vocal on the internet, but how big are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom