• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You Never Go Full Furry: MLP Equestrian Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangeroo

I like that this is coming out because how Bronies will likely react to this movie is pretty much exactly how the rest of us feel about the regular MLP show. I have a Brony friend who has never understood why I don't like MLP. This should bring some much needed perspective.

Why do you call her a man child?
Aren't girls the target of the show?

Well, she's 31. She gets super excitable for the littlest of things in a way an 8 year old would.This ffrustrates me sometimes because it's just too much and I feel like she's unable to offer any objective criticism like a woman her age should.

Blair

Banned

tumblr_static_tumblr_lvhyqr0qnm1qzqx72.gif

fuuuuck?

I really hope this creates a schism in the Church of Equestria. Split the bronies, and possibly have this whole creepy empire fall as a result.

Nether!

Hipsters love the show. But now it's gone all mainstream...

That's why the majority of people like it — ironically?

So most grown men who watch the show are doing it because it's a silly children's cartoon they laugh at, and the "bronies" that obsess and fetishize the characters are just a very visible and vocal minority?

Sadsic

So most grown men who watch the show are doing it because it's a silly children's cartoon they laugh at, and the "bronies" that obsess and fetishize the characters are just a very visible and vocal minority?

tbh i watch it ironically and unironically

Well, she's 31. She gets super excitable for the littlest of things in a way an 8 year old would.This frustrates me sometimes because it's just too much and I feel like she's unable to offer any objective criticism like a woman her age should.

Sorry your sis isn't as pompous and uptight as you...

I really hope this creates a schism in the Church of Equestria. Split the bronies, and possibly have this whole creepy empire fall as a result.

I swear it's like it hurts your ego that some people like things you don't...
Call me when the perceived creepiness of the bronies actually hurts someone..
Like they say, a few bad apples make the whole orchard look bad...

DUDE!! We are adults... I think we have the right to watch everything from Tom & Jerry to A Serbian Film without having our sanity questioned.
"bronies" that obsess and fetishize the characters ----> These people ARE NOT bronies! They don't belong anywhere but in a mental hospital.

Nether!

tbh i watch it ironically and unironically

Fair enough - I guess MLP is just not for me.
I understand liking a kid's cartoon, I'm a big Adventure Time fan.
I just don't see the same level of devotion and culture from the AT fan base, which is what I am always confused about.

This is it GAF. The brony cycle has come full circle. The bronies on both sides will soon clop the hooves of war. The great divide will spread throughout the internet.

You cannot fight it. That's that. You are already dead.

Brace yourselves. The great brony war is cumming coming.

I like that this is coming out because how Bronies will likely react to this movie is pretty much exactly how the rest of us feel about the regular MLP show. I have a Brony friend who has never understood why I don't like MLP. This should bring some much needed perspective.

Could you explain this further? I've noticed a lot of people who "don't get it" will say stuff like "how is this show not about girls having tea parties and about boys and junk" when it's not. A lot of us like it because it defies that old formula from previous "girl cartoons" while this is a huge step backward.

braves01

Banned
Parents who don't know what bronies are will be shocked when they take their little girls to a theater full of adult men in pony outfits.

Fair enough - I guess MLP is just not for me.
I understand liking a kid's cartoon, I'm a big Adventure Time fan.
I just don't see the same level of devotion and culture from the AT fan base, which is what I am always confused about.

You haven't gone deep enough. I am sure there are lots of ... dark parts of the AT fandom you have yet to see. As it is, the show is kind of adult. MLP being light family humor and adventure aimed at everyone seems funnier to corrupt than AT which already has some adult humor.

It started with 4chan I think where people raised this huge commotion about how the show changed their lives and other bullshit. The problem is that the show is actually of very high quality but the bullshit of the rule 34 & 4chan fans ruins the fun for everyone.

Maybe this can be saved with Twilight just waking up at the end, basically having a Wizard-of-Oz experience.

"And you were there! And you! And even you!"

Parents who don't know what bronies are will be shocked when they take their little girls to a theater full of adult men in pony outfits.

Just like the time they took their kids to see Avengers and saw fat bloated, disgusting, smelly, wart covered nerds sweating in their cheaply made superhero costumes with their dicks out masturbating every-time Black Widow came on screen...

something something no true scotsman

Are you a troper? I am a troper too! To be honest, ostracizing of undesirable's happens in every society

You know... I bet this is the real reason for it. More toys.

You win the prize. That's pretty much the reason I see it happening; as I said, they want Mattel's Monster High segment, both in terms of people who watch the show/movies and people who buy the Monster High merch.

This was never made for the bronies. It was made for the majority-female audience that is big into Monster High stuff right now.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I won't lie. I really enjoy it when fans are fucked with. Hell, I kinda even enjoy it when they fuck with something I like e.g. Mass Effect. But wow. Bronypocolypse incoming. Schadenfreude approaching maximum levels.

Just like the time they took their kids to see Avengers and saw fat bloated, disgusting, smelly, wart covered nerds sweating in their cheaply made superhero costumes with their dicks out masturbating every-time Black Widow came on screen...

Are we comparing ScarJo to ponies?

There's a bit of a difference. Over the top fandom can be a bit jarring from an outside perspective, I'll give you that but there's still a difference here.

braves01

Banned

I didn't mean to slam bronies per se. But comparing Avengers (a big budget Hollywood flick albeit one about comics) to an MLP animated movie is disingenuous. MLP is much more narrowly targeted to a younger audience so seeing a bunch of men there without children even if they aren't in costume may surprise parents.

Maybe these bronies shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. It might be a charming, funny family show with pop culture references and some good lessons on life to learn. So judgmental of them! Just because the show is aimed at a certain demographic doesn't mean it can't be good.

JordanN

Banned
The coloured skin looks freaky looking. Like they couldn't think of an actual race for the ponies and tried to pull a "Simpsons".

And the eyes look ugly as well (although they always did).

Socreges

Banned
Wow you are most definitely delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom