• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You Nostalgia, You Lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonMigs85

omni1.jpg

KnightM7

Banned
Whats better than Teddy Ruxpin, Care bears, and Babar combined?

rupert_02.gif

I also remember these 3 really old animes I used to watch. The Jungle Book, Bush Baby, Christopher Columbus, and one about a boy on a really small planet.

Medalion

Banned
facepalm007 said:

:O

Oh snap, what is with bears?

Speaking of which

berenstainbears_lrg.gif

I knew I would catch a lot of people off guard with Teddy Ruxpin... I totally forgot about them till this thread came up and I thought hard back to my youth what I used to love

neptunes said:

All the other things were light medium punches and jabs that I had seen before, but that image was an upper-cut that just K.O. 'ed me. I'm done.

Anyway GAF is truly my generation (I'm 28 years old). I have fond memories of about 85% of things posted in this thread. It's crazy to think how many of us on GAF have never met and probably had different upbringings, yet we share very similar childhood memories.

Child merchandising and commercialization unites us all!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Giard said:

1. I'm actually shocked that I'm not the only person on the planet that enjoyed this show. Holy shit!

2. It's so fucking cute to see you power ranger fans all grown up now. One day you'll see Spongebob fans grow up and you'll know how it feels.

Fritz

He-Man, transformers, M.A.S.K. etc have all been mentioned. this one was another favourite
51djmby2GpL.jpg

and the one that brought all those shows to ze Germans:
bino-tele5.jpg

Bim Bam Bino's host Bino

on an even more obscure note, the best german family show of all times: "Ich heirate eine Familie" (ugh, "I marry a family"). Those clothes are fucking outrageous.
ich_heirate_eine_familie_dvd_1.jpg

1zea4px.jpg

Was out at the first pic. My fam got Win95 when I was 12, shortly after we got our first PC since a Commodore 64. The pic reminds me of sneaking back through my mom's room late at night after I got done with the computer and whatever crappy collection of 500 in 1!!! shareware collection I had.

Red Scarlet said:
Whenever I was home sick I'd watch this:
Price%20is%20Right.jpg

Oh yeahhhh. I'd get excited when Plinko came on. Hell, I still do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom