• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favourite games under 10 hours?

Fbh

With the recent announcement of the sequel this is as good a time as any to recommend Space Marine.

Sadly I think it was never made backwards compatible so you'd need a PS3/360 or a PC (it's an older game though, so the requirements are really mild)

Been playing through every Halo game before I play Infinite, they're all great and less than 10 hours. I've been beating each in 2 sittings.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I’ve already played ICO, CoD 4, Titanfall 2 and ODST. I’m a console only gamer so I can’t play Portal sadly.

Lots of comments for Resi Evil. I’ve never played one despite buying Resi Evil 4 on GameCube and PS4. I’m thinking of buying Resident Evil on Switch and giving it a go.
Go for it dude! There's plenty of modern tweaks to make the game less daunting for newcomers.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
I see a lot of people listing games I would qualify as over 10 hours. Are we talking about how long a mad dash playthrough of the main campaign is? Is it the official reviewed length? Also I'm assuming we are excluding multiplayer?

Jaybe

I’ll give a special shout-out to tight, self-contained DLC like Uncharted The Lost Legacy and Gears 5 Hivebusters.

Bastion
Bloodstained: Curse Of The Moon
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2
Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons
Carrion
Cuphead (skill dependent)
Cyber Shadow
Doki Doki Literature Club
Dragon's Crown (main campaign for 1 character is less than 10 hours, but if you want to do it all it's in the 25-50 range)
Fez
GRIS
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Hotline Miami
INSIDE
Journey
Marbe Blast Ultra
Maquette
Nex Machina
Oxenfree
Resogun
River City Girls
Scott Pilgrim VS. The World
Shakedown Hawaii
Shadow of the Colossus
Shantae: Half Genie Hero
Shantae & The Seven Sirens
Shovel Knight
Sound Shapes
Streets Of Rage 4
Superliminal
Super Time Force Ultra
Tearaway (or Tearaway Unfolded)
The Messenger
The Stanley Parable
The Suicide Of Rachel Foster
Thomas Was Alone
Titanfall 2
Transistor
Trigger Witch
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Undertale
Untitled Goose Game
Velocity Ultra
Velocity 2X

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Ik16jgT.jpg

TheHTIC

Neo Member
I've been longing for Max Payne 3 remaster on current gen.. It's not that old, can't imagine it being too much work.

I replayed it on my Xbox about 2 weeks ago. With the filters and all it didn't look too bad, I was satisfied with it but I'd definitely play through it again if it was remastered or remade.

Handel

Ico - It's around 5-6 hours, and is a game everyone should experience at least once as even with how vastly influential it is, there still isn't quite any other game that captures it's unique vibes other than The Last Guardian at times (TLG almost qualifies itself for this thread, and can be beat in under ten hours but average is higher)

Brothers : A Tale of Two Sons : By the same director as TGA GOTY winning It Takes Two, this is still his magnum opus, and has the single most impactful moment of gameplay-story integration I've come across in my over two decades of gaming.

To The Moon : There is not much gameplay here, but it's story is incredibly well told and heart-wrenching.

Top Bottom