• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your go-to chill out game?

My Turn would be something like Tekken 7's Treasure Battle... Endless Fights with Paul on Tekken God Prime Rank (I am lousy against online opponents, but against the machine i do pretty ok).
Also I just love to search and try out mods on games... All those Unreal-Engine-Games, where you just put that .Pak-File in the right folder and boom, John Wick in Street Fighter V 😮
ddghq37-56bda1b4-a045-46ed-889b-a13c6b012343.png

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Dark Souls without any doubts. Such a great atmosphere. I love hearing the NPC speaking, seeing the phantoms of others players, making some coop to help some new players, making a newbuil, walking around Firelink Shrine with its wonderful music...

This game is pure magic for me.

Mega Man

I've been enjoying grinding ladder in Hearthstone on one monitor while watching something on the other. It's chill enough that I can (almost) do two things at once.

Not going to lie, now that I've passed rank 5 the intensity may ratchet up a bit...

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Sea of thieves! But I don't do any quests, just sail around the shores of plenty and wander round the islands. Maybe do some fishing.

GV82

Golf Games, this Gen I played quite a bit of Everybody's Golf as my Ex bought it, funny though as that’s what I’d play when she would stress me out, as we game shared on PS4 & were in a long distance relationship, as soon as she had gone home, that’s what I’d play.

Also to be fair I’d Play it to de-stress from other things in life like work too and yet in real life I don’t Golf at all.

I kind of need to get my own copy of any Golf game now, since I stopped game sharing with my Ex when we split 2 years ago.

Oh yeah Steep is another one, ignore the actual Challaneges and just go exploring the Mountains Ubisoft has put in a lot to explore so I can spend hours Snowboarding or Skiing with some chill music on.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

Got 3 actually.
Witcher 3 when I need to relax.

Killer instinct or dead rising 3 to blow some steam when I am angry.

Katsura

I like to play online games more, for example Destiny I Find more info here <link removed since mod removed his post> Has anyone already used these tools?
Yea, that sure doesn't seem like a suspicious link at all :messenger_grinning_squinting:
Was 'pleasehandusyourcreditcardinfo.com' already taken?

Last edited:

sedg87

Banned
Might be a bit of a random one but...Sleeping Dogs. I love driving around when it's night with Killswitch Engage on the radio.

BattleBabs

Neo Member
Depends on my mood and how tired I am. Overwatch is a fav, but ES Skyrim and Fallout 4 are both good for mind-numbing it out, and No Man's Sky for the spacy music and exploring.

Pansy

A calm game like Syberia is always a treat. However, if I’m feeling an adrenaline rush I’ll pop in House of the Dead 2 for the wii am day just blast away.

Yakuza series. I play Judgment to wind down from Sekiro at the moment.

Most relaxing game ever for me: Animal Crossing on my DS Lite around 2007-ish. Pure joy on the way home from work.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Chime with Markus Schulz - Spilled Cranberries level, the ultimate chill game for me.

cireza

Phantasy Star Online v2 on Dreamcast, I do a couple runs of whatever area and I am good.
psv2dc0f.jpg

Also Dead or Alive 6 (and 5 before 6 or 5+ on Vita), I love this series, great AI, great fun.

Last edited:

Zannegan

Used to be that SSX game for Wii. Anything with a decent freestyle/free roam mode really relaxes me. I should really look into a new snowboarding or skiing game.

Endless Ocean was also extremely chill. I need a new one of those.

Right now, the closest thing I have is Luigi's Mansion, but that's just because it's what I happen to be playing and it's not particularly challenging (plus it's just all-round charming). Won't be my go-to once I finish the story.

Rac3r

Practice laps on Gran Turismo Sport if I just wanna chill out. Rocket League if I'm looking for something a little more competitive but still mindless.

Holgren

I think I have fallen prey to online multiplayer games since those are the ones i instantly go to play when I have free time and want to relax. Previously Overwatch, now LoL. It sucks because I don't end up relaxing at all and sometimes frustrates and stresses me more, so I am currently looking for a chill out game to play. I was thinking of Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl since it looks like a Fallout type of game with an open map and not objective oriented. I just wanna roam through an open world game and do dumb stuff without any worries.

Top Bottom