• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your thoughts about Nintendo Switch so far?

This system has too many banggers to not give praise. Also the fact that loading times are pretty fast, given the fact it's UI is bloat frees is a plus.

Tiamat2san

Like every Nintendo console after the GameCube, it’s collecting dust, I don’t play because most of the exclusive don’t appeal to me.
So far I liked only smashbros.
Breath of the wild did nothing to me.
Luigi was a big disappointment for me and so on.
The only reason it’s still alive is Pokemon, my wife love this shit.

The most versatile console anyone has ever seen. Controllers are different (Joy Cons) but you can buy an optional traditional controller too, I guess the Wii did this first but it feels more streamlined with the Joy Cons. An update meant that Gamecube controllers also work now, at this rate there are more Controllers for the Gamecube than consoles.

The Big Hitting Franchises launched first on the Switch rather than mixing it up, which is great if you are a Mario/Zelda fan, and we FINALLY get a Kirby game early. They are putting the experimental titles out in a smaller spotlight which some will prefer.

Some third party exclusives and bought exclusives are really great. I love Daemon x Machina and Dragon: Marked for Death. I wish that SEGA/Capcom/Namco etc dedicate some exclusives on the Switch as well.

The bad points are that the Switch games (at least in the UK) and accessories cost an arm and a leg to buy (which is why Nintendo in general doesn't do as well in the UK), made worse with third parties who are charging more to have it on a Cartridge.

The Wii U ports, although justified hides that Nintendo are still drip feeding new releases for the Switch. Are the teams just improving on what's already made or are they putting their B-Teams on these projects, meaning less B-Tiered games like Golden Sun, Magical Vacation, Drill Dozer, Wario Land/Ware, Rhythm Heaven and Pikmin are being ignored? Are the Handheld/Console Teams truly on even footing and doubling their releases? I don't feel it after 3 years.

Those mentioned ports mean that owning a Wii U now provides less and less value, leaving fans who bought it feeling a little miffed because Nintendo basically took their money for the games, and then re-released them on the Switch (that they would have bought as well), for the same amount but with more content, making those Wii U releases obselete. Selling off the Wii U and its games is going to be very hard for many who still own one but want to upgrade them on the Switch. The only reason to own one is if you got a LOT of Virtual Console games, since Nintendo won't let you transfer those on the Switch which is pretty disgusting imo.

Paying for online that has not improved but adding ROMs of their old games is pretty terrible. Even if I never played some of the SNES/NES games, they should at least improve the online service for their better known games.

Overall a mixed bag for me, although it certainly has a better foothold on what it wants to do and it is selling much better software and hardware wise than the Wii U (despite its flaws it was a fun console for Miiverse and giving us some great exclusives)

MagnesG

Banned
Yeah I agree, I have said since the launch that Nintendo is the greediest company of the three big ones.

Nintendo sells the worst hardware possible with highest premium price possible.

Nintendo sells the most simple games possible with highest price possible without real sales.

I got switch around second year, I still have only 3-4 games I have liked on it: BoTW, xenoblade 2, mario&rabbids and thats about it.

Mario odyssey were the most boring, depressing and shittiest game I played on that year when it got out, sold it after a month, just could not like it.

Why I think that Switch is a failure as console (while not being failure on sales world wide, and as handheld it is less failure but still could be better):

Non-custom slow tegra X1 (yeah it is slow and it werent cutting edge on the release, they should have had custom SoC with faster CPU cores, more bandwith and 20-40% faster GPU)

Super low amount of mem, 32GB. doubling it to 64 would not been really expensive for nintendo, maybe 10-20$ but they are greedy (back then phones that had 1080p oled, 6GB of ram, 64GB of flash and technically tegra level or better performance(at least with similar cooling) werent that expensive, like oneplus 3 for 399€ vs switch 369€)

720P screen/output (screen would be fine but because of slow tegra, many games wont run even on 720p, and games like witcher 3 are just a joke on switch. Also TV-out is horrible with sub 720p output for many games)

Cheap quality (switch just feels like a cheap toy while it were 50% more expensive than PS4, and still is too expensicve ps4 199-249e vs switch 300-349e, even original Vita feels much more higher quality and better engineered product)

Ergonomics are shit (really uncomfortable as handheld, cant play for long periods of time because of ergonomics. Same with vita but vita felt great with grip add on)

Portable gaming isnt universally popular at all (at least in my country, I have seen one kid playing switch on public)

Idea of switch is good, but bad and slow components not customized for gaming device ruin what it could be..

If it would have 8Gigs of RAM, faster CPU cores like A72, more bandwith and 20-40% faster GPU = it could run games on 720p and have more console ports.

BUT one thing that saved Switch for me is modding and homebrew world, not in means of piracy as there arent interesting games to pirate. But for retroarch emulation, I have played PS1 games(that I own but dont want to play on the ps1) with it and for that it is ok, not perfect emulation but still kind of "one in all emulator system"
All this talk while the original Switch manufacturing cost is estimated around $257 in 2017 with the retail price of $300, unlike other home consoles which were heavily subsidized even from the start.

I'd agree that a price cut would be awesome now and a switch pro would definitely even things a bit but you're really far off on your dream rails, all bark with no substances. Also comparing it to a phone plus the current subsidized console price? Lol miss me with that bullshit.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
my favourite console in a long time. i like my PS4 but the Switch is just so much fun. i remember when i had a 3DS and what i really wanted most was to be able to play my games on the TV somehow while being able to still play in handheld so the Switch is what i've been wanting for so long.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
It got me back into console gaming after about 15 years of isolation and gave me probably top two or three most cherished gaming memories through BOTW so for that alone I'm happy. That's before getting to stuff like Odyssey, ARMS, MK8, Fast RMX, indies, etc

Obviously its vastly underpowered compared to full fat consoles but some of its games leave me aghast that I'm playing on a hand-held (of sorts).

Saying that, major third party output is shit, no two ways about it. They'll have to drastically up the performance next gen as there isn't a hope in hell of even the scraps from PS5 and XSX content coming to their next console. Its not as if they can't afford to either, don't they supposedely have somewhere between $11-15 billion in hard cash banked?

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I've owned it since Day One. Bought it with Breath of the Wild and Bomberman R. In the next months I bought ARMS, MK8 Deluxe, and Puyo Puyo Tetris. Started building up a small collection of odds and ends with an eye toward games that I expected to play for years to come. There are a lot of great shmup releases and collections on the Switch, so I'm a hog in mud with those. Then later in the first year came Mario Odyssey, another top-shelf game that still gets regular play. I feel like I've been picky -- for instance, I have ignored Splatoon 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Xenoblade 2 -- but my collection still grows.

I've sunk nearly 400 hours into the Switch version of Diablo III. Breath of the Wild took me 2 years and ~150 hours to beat. I spent a solid 3 months and 150 hours on Octopath Traveler. RingFit Adventures is a must-play, a true hidden gem, that several family members are playing. I'm still returning to old titles like ARMS, Bomberman, and Mario Kart. I bought a FlipGrip and it's fun playing the NAMCO collection, Donkey Kong, vertical shmups, and other various arcade games that play in tate in a true vertical orientation in your hands. I get a lot of time out of it and so does the rest of the family.

It's not a dust-collector. Even 3 years in, the system gets daily play. It's a great "utility" system for a family. It can be passed around and is relatively simple, so I can tell my three yr old to gently grab the Switch off the dock for himself and he can handle the simple task. The library is solid but still has some room to fill out. Currently the Switch does feel complimentary to what you can get on the PS4 or Xbox One, in terms of mainstream blockbuster AAA stuff. Eventually I think the Switch lineup will rival the DS as the most comprehensive Nintendo library. This thing is only 3 years old. It's gonna be packed with games by the end of its lifecycle. Like I mentioned, I feel as though I've been picky in my Switch game choices so far. I'm still buying games on other systems, after all. I don't have the desire nor the extra cash to waste on so-so Switch games. Yet, the Switch continues to provide a steady trickle of excellent choices. There are a lot of new games coming out, but I pass on almost all of it. Haven't bothered to buy Astral Chain, Mario + Rabbids, or Daemon X Machina and each of these have a niche fanbase already. Switch is crammed with niche titles like those, so I expect the system to age gracefully.

My opinion overall: the Switch is a good successor to the DS line and a good spiritual successor to the PSP/Vita's vision of "console in your hands". I've been playing handhelds since the Game Boy, so to me it feels like a big leap forward compared to the 3DS and Vita. It feels a bit flimsier in the hands compared to a true handheld, but I've played it on my TV far more than I expected to so I'll take the compromise. When Switch Lite 2.0 goes for $150 or cheaper, I'll buy one of those. Our family has five 3DS systems and one DS. Switch will definitely follow the same pattern. It's a perfect kid system.

Two major complaints:

As the de facto handheld of the next generation, where is Monster Hunter and its clones? I'm not knocking on World, which transitioned to a console market flawlessly, but a handheld MH would still be nice. Nintendo needs to at least be putting out clones / knockoffs to serve that market. If Nintendo doesn't broker some deal with CAPCOM to at least get a Monster Hunter Stories 2 and a standalone Monster Hunter Portable, then I'm going to dump this soy in the ocean.

Another gripe: the build quality on the JoyCons is awful. I own six Joycons, and four of them have a malfunction of some kind. Whether it's stick drift or buttons that do not work, the joycons are not up to Nintendo's normal hardware quality standards.

Those are my thoughts so far.

Vawn

Banned
I absolutely love the Switch. I've played and beaten more than 100 games on this console. I've even bought and fully replayed games I've beaten on other platforms, just because the Switch is so convenient.

My docked/handheld ratio is pretty close to 50/50. It makes it painful when going back to playing traditional console games and being chained to the TV.

Gargus

Banned
I'm coming up on 1,000 hours of use on my Switch. It's pretty great.

The Switch isn't just about first party titles this time around (although check out Animal Crossing, Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario Maker, etc that are all fantastic) but third party is stealing the show with a wide variety of great games. Honestly, if you can't find something you enjoy on the Switch that's kind of on you at this point.

90% of the third party games are cross platform games and most of those are games that are sometimes years old. They run much better on other systems due to their better hardware, online is better on them, and they cost much much less on other systems.

Daemon ex machina is decent, but for every one of those there are 30 Garfield kart racers

Switch is primarily a a dumping ground for third party cross platform games to be sold on weaker hardware for a higher price.

Even most of Nintendo's own games are just old games from wii and wiiu dumped on the system.

I feel like I wasted money on mine. Link's Awakening is the only thing I've beaten on it.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I'd say I'm disappointed overall. The screen and game resolution are poor, and it is just uncomfortable in my hands. On top of that, I haven't played any exclusive that I couldn't have lived without. To be fair, I have enjoyed time with it, but it seems like lately it is just collecting dust.

Last edited:

ROMhack

I'm not the biggest fan of Nintendo but it's one of my favourite consoles ever, alongside the PS1.

It's so versatile. I wish it had more original games as there's not a lot on there that really stick with you but it's got an excellent selection of enjoyable ones as it stands.

Last edited:

Mr.Bond

It killed my hopes for anything Nintendo, I hated BOTW, hated the cheap feeling hardware, and realized Im no longer
a fan of Nintendo anything.

Good thing is I was able to sell the thing for a profit.

Last edited:
I love it for short periods then it goes ages without even being looked at.
ACNH, Mario Rabbits, Mario maker 2 all brilliant fun but kinda short-lived.

Cons are it's online and features, and the joycon sticks are fuckin horrid. At $120 for a pair it's a real weakness to offer something that shit for that much money.

I can see it holding up for a few more years yet, new Zelda, Mario and Pokemon games. Hopefully a good Metroid and F Zero to top it off. Really should surpass the ps4 and get to the 1st position by the time it's done.

Last edited:

Mihos

Gold Member
I can't stand the joycons, but with a pro controller it's fine. I never buy anything cross platform for it, so it doesn't get as much use as my other systems. I am not paying for online on it.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
For indie games it feels like the perfect console to me.
There are loads of indie gems on the console that for sure I would have never played were it not for Switch.

Some good Nintendo first party content though a lot of this seems aimed at a younger audience.
That's not actually a bad thing overall, just not ideal for me personally.

In the context of the industry and the community I think it is important to have more choices out there.

Unlike many others I don't really have an issue with ports.
If it's something I already played on another console then I probably won't bother.
Unless I am interested in the portable aspect (Skyrim, Diablo 3, Dark Souls) and willing to pay.

As a handheld I think it manages to better the PS Vita but as a home console it is obviously under-powered compared to the others.

I would play Switch WAY more often than I'd use my PS4 but obviously if I am wanting to play something a bit more "AAA" I am turning to Playstation for that.

I wish they would have more controller options and some kind of update to the joy-cons at least.
The online service is cheap but offers very little as a result.

Manji Uzuki

Pretty great system. I really like how versatile it is. Also, as I have to travel often for work it has been a blessing to be able to play on the go the same games I was playing at home. Hope next Nintendo systems follow this same philosophy

I have not been impressed by nintendos output, which has largely been deluxe versions of wii u games. I feel that we should have had a bit more from them and am surprised the switch has sold so well. The thing shouldn’t cost more than £120 with its 720p screen and low tech, but they sure know how to sell low tech hardware! Microsoft may need some help with lockhart.

Ten_Fold

Best system out right now imo. Good amount of jrpgs and Nintendo exclusives is what I love. Can't wait for the more powerful switch.

Meesh

Weeeeeeeellll... I agree and disagree.

As mentioned, the WiiUs greatest appeal birthed the Switch. Potable console.

Eshop? I could agree the whole VC thing is... meh so far. But come on, the Eshop has infinitely more appeal than any Nintendo box before it. ANY. Doesn't matter how you slice it, the "staples" are there with scads of indie and japanese stuff. I love it!! And way, way more third party stuff even though they're ports. On the flip side, its stuff I actually want to play portably. Sale prices have been decent at times as well.

Joy con issues? Yep I get that, super annoying and they aren't cheap to buy... every time they innovate, their controllers seem a little lacking in certain areas. Almost unpolished in some way. Wiimote really could've used the plus from the start, N64 should've had rumble built in, joy cons have this insane drift issue... so yeah I'm replacing mine shortly but the pro controllers are sick!!! I've got an 8bitdo on order too so I'll see how that works for me as well.

No more free online. Welcome to the new world Nintendo. 40$ gets me and the kids together... it's really hard for me to say it's worth it though with the only real incentive being the weak SNES and NES catalogue. Even at 40$ for the year I can't justify it, where's the value here? I need more than that to keep me satiated. That said... it's convenient but also depressing knowing the Wii had a lot of great games we'll probably never see again.

It totally hasn't escaped me that Nintendos first party output has been ports as well... but the genius behind the design, despite the lack in power and various other issues, seems to simply be that you can take it anywhere and Nintendo took that concept right to the bank and it paid off.

It doesn't excuse the flaws or slight annoyances, but it's very, very compelling in today's world. Another Nintendo gamble paying off.

For me the Switch rivals the very best consoles though because of how easily it fits into my family and lifestyle. Its hybrid nature fits right in and there's more than enough content and variety. It's like the SNES and PSP had a baby!!!

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Quite possibly the best home console Nintendo has ever made. I think it's their first system to really have
a wide range of third party support as well. The first party games have been great as expected.

My issues are mostly like everyone else's. It's the "horsepower". Now, I understand that Nintendo can't put the equivalent of
an Xbox One X chip in the Switch and not have it melt to molten lava. I just hope future iterations give us
a much needed performance boost. IMO 2-3 times the performance of the OG Switch would be great and I believe possible.

I play my Switch almost daily.

_Ex_

The Switch doesn't interest me because it barely has any exclusives. The vast, vast majority of the Switch's library consists of ports you could also play on PC or PS4. The only exclusives the Switch really has are first party Nintendo releases. And to be honest, I've had about enough regurgitated Mario, Kirby, and Zelda. Plus Nintendo has proven they will port their previous games to their next console, as they robbed the Wii U of its exclusives and ported them to the Switch. Might as well wait for the Switch's successor then and play the Switch "exclusives" on it when that day comes.

mysticboy

I just can't understand why people what's essentially a $200 tablet from 2017 to be just as powerful as $500 console from later that same year. I mean damn, the Alienware UFO will be $500 - $1000 and is 1/3 as powerful as an xbx.

frogger

I don't have a Switch, because I don't care about Nintendo games. Almost every other multi platform game is better on other consoles.

Silvawuff

I skipped all of Nintendo's hardware pretty much everything since Wii (wacky motion controllers just weren't for me), then finally got a Switch after the battery refresh. I've enjoyed my time with it and use it often, getting the big exclusives and grabbing some other quality titles on sale. It's a godsend since I spent some time in the hospital and during a few trips., and the fact it's got multiple built-in controllers is fantastic

I think their online still sucks, I haven't bothered to sub and it's been a sorta-bummer with titles like Pokemon and AC. I'm happy with my purchase and think it's one of the best pieces of hardware Nintendo has put out in a while, despite rapidly aging guts and a high cost of entry when you factor in accessories, pro-controller (which is solid, and an absolute must if you dock play) Nintendo tax, etc.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Terrible console, dont like it at all. Games are utterly expensive and hardware quality is abysmal.
My kid likes it though, but I cant.

dorkimoe

Not ENOUGH good games for me, the games that are good are insanely good, but they just are few and far between for me.
But i also own every other console, and dont buy any multiplats on it.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I like it, and in the end the Joy-Cons will likely be my favorite controllers ever, but too much of Nintendo's first-party releases are ports of games I've already played, which is a real bummer.

Last edited:
Adore it. Probably my favourite current gen system, and I bloody love my PS4.

It's combined everything I liked about the 3DS, Wii and Vita. If it just had a port of Persona 5 Royale I'd probably never put it down.

As a guy that's always preferred handhelds, it's great how many full fat home console games manage to run on it, and it's definitely succeeded the Vita as the best way to enjoy Indies.

It's also reignited my wife's love of games. Since getting her a Switch Lite for Christmas, she's blasted through to completion a game about every 3 weeks!

StormCell

This is easily the best Nintendo system since GameCube or maybe even the SNES. Nintendo has brought the best versions of just about all of their major IPs: Zelda: BotW, Mario Kart: 8D, Smash Brothers: Ultimate, Animal Crossing: New Horizon. These are the best in series all on one platform.

And if OP wants to argue about how old Nintendo was so much better back in the day, I want to counter that with how I feel the whole industry used to be better. For my money, though, BotW was ~300 hours of pure joy. I've probably played a thousand hours of Switch, and I doubt I've put that many hours on my PS4.

WindomURL

Love it to bits
Am I soiboi?

It's amazing for mvanias, quirky arpgs, platformers, and on and on.
Recently been enjoying the catquest games, grimvalor, tropical freeze, hyperlight drifter, doom64... I mean c'mon, it's fantastic.

Rran

I love it. The library is fantastic and my two favorite games of the decade came out on it--Zelda BOTW and Dragon Quest XI (although they're both on other systems!). Mario Odyssey, Smash Ultimate, Octopath Traveler, and Cuphead were all really great as well. And the portability + TV mode is just wonderful versatility.

That being said, Nintendo really has to stop cheaping out on parts. Just about every one of my Joy-Cons has given me trouble, even after getting four repairs on them. And now my Pro Controller is drifting. The controller issues are ridiculous for a company that used to make systems that could fall off buildings and survive. It's just terrible QA!

Otherwise, amazing system and one of my favorites already.

Last edited:
It sounds like you may be having the issue I had a couple of times where there is a slow grind on the sticks and it gets dust down inside the inner workings. I eventually bought two new Pro Controllers and wrapped each stick with a little of this product. I've never had a problem since. :)

nZQxKF9.jpg
Awesome, thank you, I'll have to try it.

That is a shame but you have a defective Pro Controller. My launch one with thousands of hours on it has no analog issues. The joycon issues are on the hand very real and very chronic. I’ve seen it happen in 2/3 joycons in the same timeframe.

Mine worked fine out of the box. As far as Joy Cons are concerned, they're an absolute joke, I've gone through at least 2 pairs that broke because of the same issue I have with my Pro controller, but when I go to calibrate my sticks they don't even go up or left/right all the way.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Loving it

I have so many games I can buy, and want to even, that it’s nearly overwhelming. I could easily play the Switch for another 6-8 years I just might, without needing to purchase any other Nintendo consoles

These games I still want to play and one day buy

-Resident Evil 5 (will be my third or fourth replay)
-Resident Evil (Just to have on Switch and replay a second time maybe)
-Resident Evil 4 (One of the GOAT games, would love to re-experience it on a Gamecube console since 2004)(Have already beaten this game 5X on two different consoles)
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Luigi’s Mansion 3
-Skyrim
-TLOZ: LA
-TLOZ: BOTW Sequel
-Super Mario World 3D ports
-New Super Mario Bros. ports
-Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy
-Spyro the Dragon Trilogy
-Kirby games
-Still need to play a lot more of Yoshi’s Crafted World
-Fire Emblem: Three Houses
-Donkey Kong games
-Going to play and beat these games for the first time on the NES and SNES: TLoZ, Zelda II: TAoL, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid, SMW2: Yoshi’s Island, maybe the Star Fox games
-Sonic Mania
-Cuphead
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
-Rayman Legends maybe
-Animal Crossing: New Horizons maybe
-Paper Mario game ????????
-Metroid Prime Trilogy
-Metroid Prime 4
-Metroid on NES
-Yuka-Laylee maybe
-DK Country and Dk Country 2, and 3 if they ever come to the SNES

The Switch has taken care of oldschool gamers well. If they bring back N64 and Gamecube games it will be like a dream imo

I just wish the Online experience was up to speed with something as thorough as XboxOne and what Microsoft has always offered. If Nintendo could do that, we’d be experiencing the best system since maybe SNES

I can comfortably game for thousands of hours more with the current library. And I only aim to play blockbuster games. I’m extremely selective with my choices. Imagine how great this system is for me who is frugal and rarely buys a game unless I’ve completed my current one, and then for those who love to play everything. The Switch is almost perfect. Just like SSBU

jts

...hate me...
For those getting games digitally, is the memory big enough or do you have to clear space a lot?
The internal memory alone gets short relatively fast, but with a micro SD card the sky is the limit. Most 1st party titles don’t really take a lot of space either, big 3rd party ones might.

Also it has a nifty archive function, the game is deleted but keeps the save and the icon on the homescreen and you can redownload as easily as trying to start that game again.

Loving it

I have so many games I can buy, and want to even, that it’s nearly overwhelming. I could easily play the Switch for another 6-8 years I just might, without needing to purchase any other Nintendo consoles

These games I still want to play and one day buy

-Resident Evil 5 (will be my third or fourth replay)
-Resident Evil (Just to have on Switch and replay a second time maybe)
-Resident Evil 4 (One of the GOAT games, would love to re-experience it on a Gamecube console since 2004)(Have already beaten this game 5X on two different consoles)
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Luigi’s Mansion 3
-Skyrim
-TLOZ: LA
-TLOZ: BOTW Sequel
-Super Mario World 3D ports
-New Super Mario Bros. ports
-Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy
-Spyro the Dragon Trilogy
-Kirby games
-Still need to play a lot more of Yoshi’s Crafted World
-Fire Emblem: Three Houses
-Donkey Kong games
-Going to play and beat these games for the first time on the NES and SNES: TLoZ, Zelda II: TAoL, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid, SMW2: Yoshi’s Island, maybe the Star Fox games
-Sonic Mania
-Cuphead
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
-Rayman Legends maybe
-Animal Crossing: New Horizons maybe
-Paper Mario game ????????
-Metroid Prime Trilogy
-Metroid Prime 4
-Metroid on NES
-Yuka-Laylee maybe
-DK Country and Dk Country 2, and 3 if they ever come to the SNES

The Switch has taken care of oldschool gamers well. If they bring back N64 and Gamecube games it will be like a dream imo

I just wish the Online experience was up to speed with something as thorough as XboxOne and what Microsoft has always offered. If Nintendo could do that, we’d be experiencing the best system since maybe SNES

I can comfortably game for thousands of hours more with the current library. And I only aim to play blockbuster games. I’m extremely selective with my choices. Imagine how great this system is for me who is frugal and rarely buys a game unless I’ve completed my current one, and then for those who love to play everything. The Switch is almost perfect. Just like SSBU
It's definitely my favorite system out of the 3, and the thing is is that I don't need fancy graphics to have fun with them. It's such an interesting system with the most diverse library on the market.

TexMex

Seeing people say Switch is better than the SNES makes me feel like I’m in the goddamn Twilight Zone.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Seeing people say Switch is better than the SNES makes me feel like I’m in the goddamn Twilight Zone.
I was born too late to experience the SNES in its heyday, N64 is the King console imo and in my experience. But I have to agree, the library is so incredible and varied, and overall appealing that even for someone who hasn’t played much of it, I am deeply impressed

They even had Ren and Stimpy on the SNES ffs....

But playing these, on my actual SNES, I can attest to its greatness:

-Super Mario World
-Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars
-Super Mario All Stars
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

10/10 games

Codes 208

Currently my favorite current gen system. The first system in generations ive actually seen friends and family play games who havent played games in years.

ranking the games so far:

1. BotW
2. SSBU
3. MK8:DX
4. Super Mario Odyssey
5. SMM2
6. Yoshi’s Crafted World
7. Animal Crossing
8. Link’s Awakening remake
9. Pokemon Sword
10. Splatoon 2

zcaa0g

Banned
I basically spent 300 bucks to play Fast RMX. I don't like Nintendo much, but I do like sci-fi racers. The Switch has been out long enough that it really should have more than Mario and Zelda recycles.

Tetraeon

Exclusives are great, but where are my themes? Why does every pair of joycons I own start drifting? What's up with the useless news system? Why is the Eshop so poorly curated? TLDR Games are good but the maintenance of the user experience is lacking.

Top Bottom