• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube Me Again! (Watch YouTube videos on GAF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreda

Is there any way to enable a native size option that scales when the GAF post container gets smaller in width (ie: when a user resizes their browser window)? Basically looking for something that scales videos identically to images, including when in quote tags.

It's for a new thread I'm in the process of making but can't find any addons/userscripts that offer that functionality. Not quite sure how to handle it actually, as ideally the videos would just look like regular images without any surrounding UI. Tried Andrex's WebM Chrome addon but it's broken, and the Firefox WebM addon doesn't offer an 'auto' scale option :/

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Is there any way to enable a native size option that scales when the GAF post container gets smaller in width (ie: when a user resizes their browser window)? Basically looking for something that scales videos identically to images, including when in quote tags.
You mean responsive?

I suppose that would be possible, and it would just be a matter of writing the CSS for the video containers.

Coreda

@Coreda are you looking for something more like my NeoGFY extension? It supports the auto scaling.

From the description the addon only replaces GIFs to embedded videos on GfyCat where available, so not really but thanks for the suggestion I'll keep it in mind :)

You mean responsive?

I suppose that would be possible, and it would just be a matter of writing the CSS for the video containers.

Basically how images are currently yeah. In so far as having an option to display the native video resolution/size by default and when the browser window is scaled down (or when inside quote tags) it would scale with it, but not larger than its native size.

The concept for the thread is a bit tricky since it hinges on a couple things coming together (availability of file hosts and an addon/userscript to view it). Ideally it would be great to be able to point to a simple userscript just for the purpose but I'm not familiar with making them.

Coreda

So I found how to append CSS into the userscript I was already using and they now appear like regular images, which is excellent, including scaling down when quoted.

Fabulous.

The CSS is very simple:

Code:
video {
    max-width: 100%;
}

blockquote.quote video {
    max-width: 400px;
}

Kneefoil

I only heard about this pretty recently, and I've been using it for a week or two now. I'm pretty pleased with it, but I noticed that if you click the link to go watch the video on YouTube instead of the embed, timestamps get completely erased. Same thing happens when you click the YouTube logo on embed, but I don't know it that's intentional since it let's you keep watching from where you left off. Nevertheless, losing the timestamp by clicking the written link still sucks because you might not have even opened the embed when you do that.

Using the Chrome extension, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom