• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youtube pianist is the new twitch star (20k concurrent viewers on 1/27)

Falk

that puzzling face
He's a good pianist (as evidenced by his Chopin Fantasie Impromptu) but god, I hate electronic pianos so much. Sound fake as hell.

Speaking from experience, noise pollution, both outgoing and incoming, is also a huge factor (I still work from home for a significant fraction of the stuff I do due to convenience)

Weighted keys into an awesome sample library has always been my sweet spot. Takes a little getting used to (and probably a lot of tweaking for personal preference) for action/velocity curves, but it beats virtually every factory patch, and is upgradeable.

jb1234

Speaking from experience, noise pollution, both outgoing and incoming, is also a huge factor (I still work from home for a significant fraction of the stuff I do due to convenience)

Weighted keys into an awesome sample library has always been my sweet spot. Takes a little getting used to (and probably a lot of tweaking for personal preference) for action/velocity curves, but it beats virtually every factory patch, and is upgradeable.

Yeah, I understand. Even though I'm coming off here as a pretentious twat, I'll admit that there are times (usually after 10 pm) when I wished I had an electric so I could hook up headphones and go to town. ;)

Falk

that puzzling face
You're not coming off pretentious at all.

Nothing ever beats the real thing.

edit: yours is rather small tho
heheheheheheh

Evo X

When I'm in the Kingdom Hearts mood I love to put this on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-neZL4_O6sQ

Great talent.

I always thought having him play at a speedrun marathon would make him hit it big (donations for songs!). Looks like he sorted that our for himself.

Oh man, this was posted in March 2008 and there is an annotation at the beginning of him hoping Kingdom Hearts 3 is gonna be epic. He probably thought it was right around the corner. lol

Altairre

Been following this guy for a while now, he's great. A bit too hard on the keys sometimes (for my tastes) but great nontheless.

Top Bottom