• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube vids with "Spiderman, Frozen Elsa, and Joker" routinely get millions of views

studyguy

My cousin has two twin girls aged 4 and a 2 year old son.
This is all they watch on their tablet. It's fucking bananas.

Also Paw Patrol... but I mean, that's just a cartoon.
Fucking kids love paw patrol.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I couldn't help but wonder why, if these guys are so rich off this crap that they can afford $150K+ Audis, they were still apparently living in and doing all their production out of a ho-hum apartment. Then I got to the part where apparently buying the cars wiped out their entire savings. So they're idiots in more ways than one.

If I thought making spider-man and elsa videos could bring me in a six-figure income, even temporarily...yeah I'd probably do it too.

Big-E

The way YouTube kids works is search is off by default I believe so anything super hero related leads to these kids. The daddy finger song is another one where there are tons of videos with large views

SKINNER!

Banned
Yes an app but these still get put in the acceptable kids content so it shows up in the kids app

Lol wat? That's messed up.

I'm against censorship but this would be like putting South Park or Family Guy in the kids section of a video store just because they're animated. These weird spiderman elsa joker whatever videos should not be labelled as kids content.

Accoun

Also Paw Patrol... but I mean, that's just a cartoon.
Fucking kids love paw patrol.

?
Screenshot_2017-02-08-21-19-59.png

Corpekata

Banned
I feel like half the thread is confused as to what the majority of these videos are. Most of them are just like the equivelant of Birthday costume actors entertaining at a children's party.

Kids will always manage to find their way into the weird part of Youtube. I did a double take when I heard my nephew singing the song from those bizarre Finger Family videos in the car.

I catch my nephew watching these videos all the time and they creep me out. There's something uncanny about the visuals (and that "music"). They feel like children's entertainment as imagined by a serial killer.

I really don't like the mock super hero stuff. It's weird and I watch what son views to make sure he doesn't see that random stuff. So random. Morons trying to game the system like Dark Souls videos.

My kid watches these.

I never found these for her or typed in any of these keywords. I would put on some inert video for her, that isn't a pile of garbage. SO many kids watch this stuff, she somehow finds them through clicking though related videos.

Every time. This and play doh eggs and weird ladies opening toys. The first time I saw it I was like...WTF is this and how did you find it and why are you watching this?

It apparently happens with all kids when given a phone or tablet with youtube open.

Even though YouTube payout is pretty low per view, videos with 140+ million views have the content creators rolling in money.

That's incredible.

blackflag

You should probably do something about that. The people who make these videos are basically abusing children to make money. The videos are full of sexual and violent content.

Yeah my daughter would search for frozen videos and found these. In one, the joker was peeing on Elsa and I was like wtf...NOPE.

There's some weird stuff going on in these videos that is almost like subliminal to little kids cuz they won't get it right now.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Also, kinda related:

0evV7w4.png

It's like a parent's obsession over their child's imagination. I don't want to watch someone else's kid dress up like a firefighter and open egg toys.

It's like watching other kids while they unwrap their toys. It's weird. I'd rather have them watch a story based show.

I used to stare at toy catalogs and Nintendo Power when I was a child, looking at products I would never be able to afford. I kinda understand these toy videos as a modern evolution of that.

These character videos give me the heebie-jeebies, though.

kiguel182

My two year old cousin loves this videos. She always stumbles upon them when she is watching YouTube and browsing videos. It's weird as hell.

Edit: she also likes videos of people opening kinder eggs which I find fascinating since they are pretty much the same as videos of people opening loot boxes that a lot of people watch. I guess the human brain is wired a certain way to love this kind of stuff.

kiguel182

Many (unfit, usually low-income) parents use Youtube as a daycare/pacifier for their kids. They give them a tablet and just let them watch for hours on end as it keeps them quiet and the parents can focus on their errands, work, etc. There are certain keywords that parents look for when finding these videos and they happen to be the ones mentioned in OP.

This is a ridiculous and honestly offensive post. Kids watch YouTube the same way they watch TV or browse image books and stuff. This is ridiculous.

Also, these videos are harmless.

Can people just use Marvel/DC characters like that in ad videos? I highly doubt Marvel/DC approved these videos and gets a cut from the ad revenue.

Pein

Banned
My niece loves this garbage, I'll try and make her watch regular kids shows by using the nick jr and youtube kids app.

Oh Ryan is the worst. I know hes a little kid but I kind of hate him. Why does he have fifteen Power Wheels?

I saw a few of them, listen to most of them, but what I saw was an empty house loaded with toys. That kid is going to be a spoiled brat when he gets older.

M3d10n

I feel like half the thread is confused as to what the majority of these videos are. Most of them are just like the equivelant of Birthday costume actors entertaining at a children's party.
I've never been to a children's party where the costume actors rubbed each other's chests, sniffed panties, gave each other injections or cast boob growing magic spells.

Tom_Cody

Gaf's favorite youtuber H3h3 (LUL) did some detective work on these jokers months ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipTJNNvW-Gw

It's failed pranksters Mo and Ethan Bradbury.

Now they make lolrandom gone sexual content using Spiderman Elsa etc for kids and non-english speakers who don't understand cultural or contextual cues. (seriously read the comments)
Wow, I had never heard of any of this stuff (prank videos, etc). What weird rabbit hole to go down. Thanks for the link.

Ogodei

It's like a parent's obsession over their child's imagination. I don't want to watch someone else's kid dress up like a firefighter and open egg toys.

It's like watching other kids while they unwrap their toys. It's weird. I'd rather have them watch a story based show.

Generation Z will be the generation that finds storytelling itself to be passe. The only worthwhile entertainment will be recording yourself doing things and then going home and watching other people's videos of themselves doing things.

hairygreenpeas

Neo Member
Definitely the kids lol.

I frequently find my baby brother watching these types of videos, as well as people unboxing toys and making those food playthings.

Addi

I find it fucking disgusting that someone can just steal someones IP, make talentless crap with it and earn a lot of money. The fact that kids like it doesn't matter, it's the fact that they are allowed to do it that annoys me.

Nesotenso

Gaf's favorite youtuber H3h3 (LUL) did some detective work on these jokers months ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipTJNNvW-Gw

It's failed pranksters Mo and Ethan Bradbury.

Now they make lolrandom gone sexual content using Spiderman Elsa etc for kids and non-english speakers who don't understand cultural or contextual cues. (seriously read the comments)

just not them, lots of people seem to do it. I hate "pranksters" on youtube. I hope youtube demonitizes the whole lot of them.

KaoteK

My 4 year old son loves these videos, gets right stroppy when I change the video to something educational.

Kirye

You should probably do something about that. The people who make these videos are basically abusing children to make money. The videos are full of sexual and violent content.

I can't claim to have seen them all, but really? I didn't notice anything of the sort.

When I get kids I'll just code a local hosted Youtube clone I think and put all the Sesame Street and other actual kids shows on it for them from the DVDs. Go nuts and watch what you want, but I decide the content on there for your first years instead of letting you go crazy on Youtube itself.

Or just give them Netflix, should have like a million shows on there by then. Probably better then Youtube also.

Top Bottom