• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You've got work to do Sony, don't get complacent...

Vawn

Banned
I'm reaching? For what? In what way?

By them saying there could possibly be some PS4 game that wont translate to PS5 means that PS5 isn't BC.

You also making the statement they suddenly have no more exclusives. All those studios that pumped out the games that slaughtered Xbone's lineup are all there working on PS5 games.

You seem to be suggesting since they haven't officially announced God of War 2, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, etc, those games arent coming. Obviously they are and PlayStation's library will run circles around Xbox's like it has every single generation.

By them saying there could possibly be some PS4 game that wont translate to PS5 means that PS5 isn't BC.

You also making the statement they suddenly have no more exclusives. All those studios that pumped out the games that slaughtered Xbone's lineup are all there working on PS5 games.

You seem to be suggesting since they haven't officially announced God of War 2, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, etc, those games arent coming. Obviously they are and PlayStation's library will run circles around Xbox's like it has every single generation.
Once those games are announced, I would be wrong. But they havent (THE WHOLE POINT OF THE THREAD) so everything I've said is factual.

Sounds like you're the one reaching.

Bryank75

Banned
Game Pass is nothing to do with Sony. Drastically increasing your world wide studios isn't exactly a reaction but a catch up. Microsoft very quickly sorted out the hardware and is the only console with a 4K blu ray drive. xCloud is a response to Google, not to Sony. Honestly, PS Now existed for a long time but I don't even think Sony really cared that much until Google got involved, as have the mumblings of Apple and Amazon entering the foray. Microsoft being open to cross play ironically was Sony's position last generation. Sony actually had to pull a 180 from open platform, to closed platform, to open. Not a great look.

But you've perfectly surmised my point. Microsoft are talking about now and the future. We have The Last of Us Part II which was announced in 2016. Ghost of Tsushima which was announced in 2017. Both excellent looking games. But, is that it? Sony aren't even using all their studios to their full potential. This is why expansion and growth is key but acquiring one studio doesn't compare to the acquisitions Microsoft are making and likely still making behind closed doors. Doubling down on PS Now is a reaction to Google and other competitors as I said, not Microsoft. TLOUP2 was delayed and inevitably put back GoT which we don't have a release date for by the way. Guerilla has been growing since Killzone Shadow Fall so I'd be more concerned if you said they weren't. Acquiring Insomniac is great but honestly it never felt like they weren't part of PlayStation anyway, so I don't understand how that's a big acquisition? Sony have passed on many other developers such as Super Massive, Ready at Dawn, Quantic Dream and others. All three of which are developing with agnostic platforms in mind.

As the other user said, if they don't at least improve their communications, Microsoft become a much bigger problem and that lead next generation will substantially be cut. Heres hoping 2020 is amazing.

Outside of the US Xbox isn't a thing and never will be.... you have to look at this from a global perspective.
Even in the US Xbox sales have been in a crater for 2+ years.

Look at the Black Friday deals, it's gonna be another killing for PlayStation.

Almost every one of PlayStations studios put out huge sellers, even Days Gone sold a boat load and Death Stranding will make people buy a console even with an 83/84 meta cause people want to experience a Kojima game.

Nobody knows who inXile, Obsidian was the only one that might have interest of people and even then Outer Worlds sold way better on PS4.

I mean a key problem at the start of the generation was not Exclusives per say on Xbox but Xbox customers lack of support for such games..... Titanfall, Quantun Break and SSOD were all decent games but had shit sales. Maybe there are just a load of cheapskates on Xbox or something, I dunno but the ecosystem doesn't seem healthy whatever the case.

Ryu Kaiba

3utgw9D.jpg

CamHostage

You think so?
X019 opened and closed the show with games that will both ALSO be on PlayStation. I know my biases are about to show through, but that's not the show of confidence I'd want to see for their "killer apps".

To be sure, PlayStation has had a down year twice now, and X019 itself looks like a fun event that had some nice announcements in the kickoff show. (As many have said, Game Pass had a particularly powerful lineup, fully declaring Game Pass as Microsoft's break-the-bank attempt to create the Netflix of gaming, providing a mega-library of AAA titles, some Day-One, where its competitors are content with just a two or three old titles a month.) However, as a PlayStation-primarily gamer with Switch second and PC in the mix but only an old used Xbox 360 accounting for my Xbox library, there really wasn't a lot there to convince me that I'm missing out. (The impressive value of Game Pass did admittedly stun me, though much of I could get on PC.) Grounded was new and I wish it well, Rare's new Everwild looked pretty, Tell Me Why will have its audience, it was good to hear from Artful Escape again, some of the indies / Annapurna games looked ambitious... that's as far as my memory goes (oh, Halo Reach is finally in MCC.) None of the titles in that bunch makes me too envious of Xbox owners, and to me everything showcased there felt like either Xbox One filler until Xbox Scarlett game promotion goes into full swing and/or groundpaving for Xbox One/Scarlett cross-platform releases. (I'm sure Grounded and Bleeding Edge and everything else online-focused will be on both Xboxes.)

Sony is at the same point right now, making only the announcements that will generate some waves with what's left in the PS4 bathtub, while really the future of the company is focused on filling up the PS5 pool (hopefully.) As a PlayStation owner, it's kind of sucked to see the company only ante-and-fold two years in a row (two skipped PSXes and then not even bothering with E3 made you feel the cold, long winter of waiting ahead), and the State of Play shows have had relatively few high points themselves, but at least they're not bluffing with a weak hand. Xbox promised to close the year with a bang in the biggest X0 ever, and many, many people assumed (unfairly, maybe) that this meant "Oh shit! here come the Xbox Scarlett games..." It's what I tuned in hoping for. (It does seem like corporate suicide to start hyping the next Xbox when you still have at least another year on the current Xbox, but right now the gamers are already feeling the console makers are late in their announcement and are running out of gas on current-gen.) So to be on the other side now looking at one of the biggest news stories being that old Yakuzas can finally be played on an Xbox, that not the megaton that I'd be worried about if I were a Sony exec.

The PS5/Xbox Scarlett unveiling showcases will be the real event, and if each company has the big games for that moment then nothing else matters until one pulls open the curtain; everything until then is just a sideshow.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Once those games are announced, I would be wrong. But they havent (THE WHOLE POINT OF THE THREAD) so everything I've said is factual.

Sounds like you're the one reaching.
If you're arguing that since Sony hasn't announced any games in a while that it *could* mean that Sony doesnt have any in development, then congratulations you've officially eliminated any possibility whatsoever of anyone taking your opinion seriously.

Im sorry dude, but it's you who are reaching, Sony has plenty of games in development. They are just waiting for the right time to announce them.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Sony doesnt need to buy any studios.
Their studios put out quality content . And big budget all the time.
Microsoft bought up all these developers but look what comes out of it. Ninja theorys new game is shit . I loved hellblade and was hoping for them to continue on that path.
But this?

I agree that microsoft is doing a perfect job and really shows they care and want to provide all the games possible.
They are trying very hard but to be honest i am not interested in old games. Game pass is an ok valeu not great. Giving us all the final fantasy titles is awesome but anyone who likes them already played them.
I agree sony is, well who knows up to what for the past 2 years and feels like they are done whit playstation.
Sony is on a downhill battle as of late and the reviews for their last 2 major titles were poor.
Though i loved days gone and i am one of a hundred that loves death stranding.

I think for now it doesnt matter anymore who does what and how much.
We should wait till the next gen starts and judge only then when we finally see both companies vision for the future.

At the same time i think sony and microsoft finally figured out what they are good at with xcloud and game pass on one side and creative quality content blockbusters with an updated vr headset and hopefully lots of support for it on the other.

If you're arguing that since Sony hasn't announced any games in a while that it *could* mean that Sony doesnt have any in development, then congratulations you've officially eliminated any possibility whatsoever of anyone taking your opinion seriously.

Im sorry dude, but it's you who are reaching, Sony has plenty of games in development. They are just waiting for the right time to announce them.
Like I said before, I'll change my opinion in a heartbeat when these games are announced. As of the last year and lately, Sony just hasn't announced anything I didn't know about and its...fucking weird. Makes me question their business strategy and that's not a position that instills confidence in me nor makes me want to invest money in their products.

And I'll say it again: I WANT to be wrong. I want Sony to excite me. I just dont know why they are being so secretive about their shit recently.

Soyny really needs to step their game up. Look at all the amazing new games you can get on game pass for cheap. What does Snoy have? Ghost of Sushima and TLOU 2? Meh.
And? Anything else we haven't known about for more than a year? Because thats...if not weird, at least a different strategy than most gaming companies, including themselves before 2018.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Some of these threads are golden. Sony has shit to do but keep giving us the great hardware and exclusives they've been given us tht has the competition jelly. Idk from what bizarro world OP is viewing shit from but thy curb stomped Microsoft this gen and made microsoft lose the ground thy had once gained with ps3 situation.

This OP is laughable imo.

Well, hold on. Sony has been quiet this year and they have not been very user-friendly either. The only move I see that Sony is clearly making is converting their exclusives to PC platform. I believe they see the potential of global sales that MS is taking advantage of. So there will need to be some changes for Sony this next-generation. They can't possibly continue to be selfish with their IPs and win this race in the long run. There is far too much money left on the table for them not to partake in the festivities.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Like I said before, I'll change my opinion in a heartbeat when these games are announced. As of the last year and lately, Sony just hasn't announced anything I didn't know about and its...fucking weird. Makes me question their business strategy and that's not a position that instills confidence in me nor makes me want to invest money in their products.

And I'll say it again: I WANT to be wrong. I want Sony to excite me. I just dont know why they are being so secretive about their shit recently.
Horizon 2 is an open secret, so is the Socom reboot..... they have a new studio just for Uncharted games. MLB drops every year.
Kojima will have another game and From soft still have a contract to do another Sony exclusive.

Needless to say there is another GOw coming, another Ratchet and Clank and another Spider-man.

Demons Souls remake is also supposedly being done by Bluepoint.

They are saving these announcements to build up momentum going into the PS5 launch. If they announce them now, nobody will care about a re-announcement next year.

Bryank75

Banned
Well, hold on. Sony has been quiet this year and they have not been very user-friendly either. The only move I see that Sony is clearly making is converting their exclusives to PC platform. I believe they see the potential of global sales that MS is taking advantage of. So there will need to be some changes for Sony this next-generation. They can't possibly continue to be selfish with their IPs and win this race in the long run. There is far too much money left on the table for them not to partake in the festivities.
They are winning, by a landslide and creating great games and keeping them exclusive is how they won in the first place. You don't get shit for giving stuff to other platforms.
Exclusives are huge investments for Sony, showpieces to attract gamers to the platform... making money from them is not the key goal or primary driver. It is all about the strength of their platform, that is the main thing.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Horizon 2 is an open secret, so is the Socom reboot..... they have a new studio just for Uncharted games. MLB drops every year.
Kojima will have another game and From soft still have a contract to do another Sony exclusive.

Needless to say there is another GOw coming, another Ratchet and Clank and another Spider-man.

They are saving these announcements to build up momentum going into the PS5 launch. If they announce them now, nobody will care about a re-announcement next year.
Naw dude, it was wrong of me to criticize him.

Sony being silent must mean they don't have any games coming. I mean, they haven't said otherwise, right?
Im gonna take it a step further, Sony could be exiting the console industry all together. All of these negative threads against them, must be taking a toll. Again, they haven't said otherwise right?

Am I understanding him correctly?

Vawn

Banned

But Sony hasn't OFFICIALLY announced those games, so I'll just assume that they're not ever making any more games ever and create a thread based off that asinine assumption.

Bullshit. I'd still be excited as are most people when games are announced. I'd be ESPCEIALLY excited if all the games you just listed were announced. I'll admit, I haven't really paid attention to horizon news and I forgot about socom, but the rest is assumption on your part and I'm not saying you dont have a good reason to assume those things. Theres a lot of smoke for some of those, but like, until sony says something, I cant really let myself get excited. Games get cancelled all the time. They still can be, even after announcement. The fact that they havent yet, or even been mentioned aloud in some cases, does little to instill confidence in me.

I hope all of those games come out someday though, I really do, especially the demon souls remake.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
They are winning, by a landslide and creating great games and keeping them exclusive is how they won in the first place. You don't get shit for giving stuff to other platforms.
Exclusives are huge investments for Sony, showpieces to attract gamers to the platform... making money from them is not the key goal or primary driver. It is all about the strength of their platform, that is the main thing.

Changes happen. What worked in the past isn't a guarantee it will work today. As I'm going off of facts and not speculation. Sony has allowed porting a significant number of exclusives to PC and there is a reason for that. Don't be so naive to think that Sony will continue to lead with a closed platform this next gen. You will be very very wrong.

Carna

Banned
Does anyone know if they are still censoring games? Ryza still has those thick ass thighs on PS4 lol

VFXVeteran

Banned
This is stupid. Sony will win next gen, even Microsoft will expect that. All Microsoft are concentrating on is having a better gen than they did this gen, and i'm sure they will.

Microsoft are banking on getting new IPs that are exclusive that equal the quality of ND, GG, and Santa Monica. That's all they need right now.

Stuart360

Microsoft are banking on getting new IPs that are exclusive that equal the quality of ND, GG, and Santa Monica. That's all they need right now.
Even when Sony fucked up with the PS3, and Microsoft knocked it out of the park with 360, it still ended up a level field in the end.
Sony is simply more popular worldwide, and Microsoft annoyed a lot of people this gen.
The best Microsoft imo can hope to do is 60-70mil Scarletts, which would be a good rebound from this gen. Sony will still go onto sell 100mil PS5's though. And make no mistake, they would never admit it publicly but Microsoft wont be expecting to 'win' next gen, and they dont have to as its all about services and stuff that brings in the money now.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
But Sony hasn't OFFICIALLY announced those games, so I'll just assume that they're not ever making any more games ever and create a thread based off that asinine assumption.
Christ dude, Im getting really worried here.

For all we know Sony could be exiting the console industry altogether. Let's be honest, their sales took an absolute beating over things like crossplay and constant negativity from neogaf. Since Sony hasn't said for sure that they're not exiting the console, it could be a real possibility. They have to let us know, right?

sarcasm alert

bitbydeath

Gold Member

I don’t think Microsoft are looking for high quality games. They want to sell Gamepass and for that quantity is going to be very important.

VFXVeteran

Banned
And another 40M in console sales. But that's the easy part. :messenger_beaming:

Disagree. They have their hands in a lot of things unlike Sony. I think they don't need to fret sales so much as their services (which is their main bread winner). I think Sony needs to delve into services as well.. it's sortof like the Netflix vs. Disney war happening with streaming services. Disney realized how much money they was leaving on the table for Netflix and had to regroup. I think Sony will do the same. Selling more units isn't going to be enough for the long haul.

Stuart360

I don’t think Microsoft are looking for high quality games. They want to sell Gamepass and for that quantity is going to be very important.
I dont think thats true, they will have more than enough Indies to fill that quota. The reason why there wasnt any major AAA stuff shown today is because all that will be saved for Scarlett imo.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Disagree. They have their hands in a lot of things unlike Sony. I think they don't need to fret sales so much as their services (which is their main bread winner). I think Sony needs to delve into services as well.. it's sortof like the Netflix vs. Disney war happening with streaming services. Disney realized how much money they was leaving on the table for Netflix and had to regroup. I think Sony will do the same. Selling more units isn't going to be enough for the long haul.
giphy.gif

More units sold = more games sold.

VFXVeteran

Banned
giphy.gif

More units sold = more games sold.

Life is never that linear man. More games can be sold faster with more services. It's all about the delta or "rate of sales" that matter. You might have a larger quantity of sales but it could slow down over time while services could increase over time.

I think XO19 has just been a great reminder about what fans loved about PSX. We aren't expecting ground breaking announcements but it's always nice to have an update, reach out to fans and discuss future plans to a certain degree. But in my humble opinion, I believe Sony have work to do and the reason is simple, since E3 2018, Microsoft have dominated the conversation. Nobody disputes the success Sony has had in this length of time, with killer games and great sales but the message was quiet, radio silence and then the 'State of Play' videos which felt like 95% filler and 5% meat. If it was Shawn Layden's decisions to make Sony become so quiet, you can see why to an extent that staff have been moved around. I wouldn't necessarily call this 'arragont' Sony but complacent. Okay, you're arms and head above the competition and you just kind of stopped. Said this is what we're doing until PlayStation 5 and stopped, even though ironically, The Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls were great new IP that both launched in the same year as PlayStation 4.

But a less than stellar E3 2018, meaningful but not necessarily impactful, followed by a no-show at E3 2019, no PSX since 2017 and little in the way of communication from the giant and I believe it's true. Most of the conversation around Sony in that time was mostly negative I believe, with an emphasis on cross-play issues amongst others. I believe Microsoft are truly showing that they're ready to compete and step toe to toe with PlayStation and that next generation we may see a bigger battle fought on multiple fronts from cross platform gaming, exclusive games, third party support, cloud gaming, services and more. PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now are going to have a hell of a time upgrading their offers to compete with xCloud and Game Pass.

Whatever 2020 brings for PlayStation fans, I can only hope that it's something tasty because Sony have had two perfectly good years to curb stomp Microsoft into obscurity from a business perspective and instead they tied their arms behind their back in a boxing match and Microsoft are unashamedly throwing punches galore. Not a great look, but perhaps Jim Ryan and the team from here on in will look to change this?

Personally I'd love to see Sony make some great acquisitions, whether it's IP or talent or studios. Come out swinging with all WWS releasing a diverse range of titles and much better services from the platform holder as arguably PlayStation Plus is no longer great value for money, unless you need to play online. PlayStation Now is only now (haha get it? now?) being utilised properly due to the threat of other entrants into the market. I wonder if this is the kick up the arse they need to take it to the next step?

Honestly, I'd love to see them acquire Konami. Revive Team Silent at Sony Japan Studio and make Silent Hills under the creative super vision of Hideo Kojima. Speaking of Kojima, let him return to Metal Gear if he so wishes too. Have FromSoftware cook up a Castlevania game that's reminiscent of Bloodborne and see if Capcom fancy making a Bloody Roar game. Check out the catalogue of IP and see where it goes. Love it.

Yeah I never like Layden, and think his leadership and pushing bs shows at e3 conferences really sucked the life out of my enthusiasm, almost as bad as no shows at e3

. I think Jack tretton, Adam Boyes, Yoshida, cerny and crew all turned around ps3 in the early 2010s and were responsibly for incredible 1st party content and a strong ps4 launch. Then Jack dropped the mic and left on a high note. They then also lost Kaz hurai as he went up the chain. If you notice things were OK for a few years, good even after ps4 came out, it wasn't til around 2017ish where shit started going downhill as far as e3 showings. Hell they used to have Qore, and the tester and did things with fans, also they didn't shun playstation based podcasts (like they are doing to Colin Moriarty's Sacred symbols podcast) or censoring art for feminist bullshit. It almost feels like they were listening to reeeeeeesetera or pre 2018 authoritarian gaf Era people instead of general audience and fans, these last two years. Then the silence. It's like wake up Sony you have a chance to continue the lead, don't blow it.

I remember when they were in there stride, the late ps3 and early ps4 Era was amazing. So many good first party titles. Not to say we didn't get that last year with Spiderman and gow but they are really being mums on everything. Here's to hoping new leadership rights the ship.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Game Pass is nothing to do with Sony. Drastically increasing your world wide studios isn't exactly a reaction but a catch up. Microsoft very quickly sorted out the hardware and is the only console with a 4K blu ray drive. xCloud is a response to Google, not to Sony. Honestly, PS Now existed for a long time but I don't even think Sony really cared that much until Google got involved, as have the mumblings of Apple and Amazon entering the foray. Microsoft being open to cross play ironically was Sony's position last generation. Sony actually had to pull a 180 from open platform, to closed platform, to open. Not a great look.

But you've perfectly surmised my point. Microsoft are talking about now and the future. We have The Last of Us Part II which was announced in 2016. Ghost of Tsushima which was announced in 2017. Both excellent looking games. But, is that it? Sony aren't even using all their studios to their full potential. This is why expansion and growth is key but acquiring one studio doesn't compare to the acquisitions Microsoft are making and likely still making behind closed doors. Doubling down on PS Now is a reaction to Google and other competitors as I said, not Microsoft. TLOUP2 was delayed and inevitably put back GoT which we don't have a release date for by the way. Guerilla has been growing since Killzone Shadow Fall so I'd be more concerned if you said they weren't. Acquiring Insomniac is great but honestly it never felt like they weren't part of PlayStation anyway, so I don't understand how that's a big acquisition? Sony have passed on many other developers such as Super Massive, Ready at Dawn, Quantic Dream and others. All three of which are developing with agnostic platforms in mind.

As the other user said, if they don't at least improve their communications, Microsoft become a much bigger problem and that lead next generation will substantially be cut. Heres hoping 2020 is amazing.

We've been hearing this frivolous narrative for over two generations 🤔lol I'm still waiting for this Bizarro reality made up from the ass of mister media X himself to come to fruition. Xbox 360 took a step forward, Xbox one took two steps backwards and lost much of tht market share thy had gained, numbers don't lie. There's stats on consoles sold, profits, revenue, etc not tails from someone's ass thts blinded by fanboyism. I read names and know post history so I akready know the deal 😊

Currently watching the video on YouTube, and the beginning is so boring. I know better stuff comes later as I've seen text recaps but I can't be bothered to care about most of this shit like Planet Coaster, the boring looking premieres from Rare and Obsidian.

The Gamepass announcements from what I saw look amazing and seem to be the biggest part of the show. It's cool that Yakuza/KH is coming but I don't see it being too huge of a deal. Those games have been available one other platforms forever. Late ports don't really do much for me.

I think XO19 has just been a great reminder about what fans loved about PSX. We aren't expecting ground breaking announcements but it's always nice to have an update, reach out to fans and discuss future plans to a certain degree. But in my humble opinion, I believe Sony have work to do and the reason is simple, since E3 2018, Microsoft have dominated the conversation. Nobody disputes the success Sony has had in this length of time, with killer games and great sales but the message was quiet, radio silence and then the 'State of Play' videos which felt like 95% filler and 5% meat. If it was Shawn Layden's decisions to make Sony become so quiet, you can see why to an extent that staff have been moved around. I wouldn't necessarily call this 'arragont' Sony but complacent. Okay, you're arms and head above the competition and you just kind of stopped. Said this is what we're doing until PlayStation 5 and stopped, even though ironically, The Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls were great new IP that both launched in the same year as PlayStation 4.

Honestly, I'd love to see them acquire Konami. Revive Team Silent at Sony Japan Studio and make Silent Hills under the creative super vision of Hideo Kojima. Speaking of Kojima, let him return to Metal Gear if he so wishes too. Have FromSoftware cook up a Castlevania game that's reminiscent of Bloodborne and see if Capcom fancy making a Bloody Roar game. Check out the catalogue of IP and see where it goes. Love it.
Mainly going to address the bolded. I'm going to preface this by saying that while I prefer Sony's games I have great memories with Xbox and think they have been doing great/hope to see great things to come. I would love to have Microsoft give me a reason to buy Scarlett howver

How has Microsoft dominated the conversation for 2 years? Japan doesn't give a single shit about Xbox and never will (devs will port because $$), and outside of the UK Europe doesn't seem to give many shits either. I think people get stuck in the zeitgeist that is enthusiast gaming forums, and fail to realize that forum goers are the great minority. Sony still holds the majority of the conversation IMO.

To address the second point. Konami is worth around $3B I believe. Video games are a tiny part of their business. Konami makes it's money with Pachinko, and health clubs. Not saying Sony couldn't pull this off, but Konami isn't just a video game company.

I'm reaching? For what? In what way?
This is genuinely how I feel and how I'm going to decide my purchase concerning the ps5.

Like, you make it seem like I want Sony to make me feel insecure about their services. Literally THIS GEN, they disallowed you access to ps1-3 purchases. Why? Because fuck you, that's why!!! Ps3, ok, but ps1 and 2 are really stupid and makes me distrust sonys loyalty to their own gaming pedigree.

Note this: I want Sony to succeed next gen. I dont want it to be just because of brand loyalty like apple "succeeds". I want them to actually get me excited for new games, just not excited for new hardware and right now, they havent given that to ANYONE.

No stretches needed for this opinion.
I agree with this, and I have been a big fan of playstation since inception of ps1. I never owned an Xbox and don't plan on ever. My launch ps4s fan is making a lot of noise and I don't want to have to buy a new ps4 to play my miles long backlog of ps4 disc and digital games. I already have to have my ps3 setup too to play ps1 and ps3 games (and kept my ps2 nearby in case I want to play one of those games). I was hoping that I could hold off getting a new playstation until ps5, and now you are saying they walked back ps4 bc? That isn't good that will be near a grand I have to spend as I have a hug ps4 library. There is no good reason ps5 shouldn't be bc with ps4 content. As for ps4 they didn't have ps1 because Sony didn't license the CD tech. Take a look at the box there is no compact disc logo, and you can't play music cds in it either. That's why no ps1. As to why they couldn't of just made the digital games work, they probably didn't want backlash about no disc games.

As for ps4 they didn't have ps1 because Sony didn't license the CD tech. Take a look at the box there is no compact disc logo, and you can't play music cds in it either. That's why no ps1. As to why they couldn't of just made the digital games work, they probably didn't want backlash about no disc games.
Yeah, this is THE reason, not a good reason or even an excuse. It's like "no netflix on switch" level of bad decision making or more similarly, the wii or original xbox not allowing you to just watch dvds.

Sony, a company that helped burgeon the goddamn technology, could not be asked to pay whatever fuckin companies that make walgreens dvd players pay for cd support.

#4theplayers

Last edited:
this is not good even you highlight a gamepass that one is a double edge sword if not used correctly mostly some users or customers will try to use it as escapism for money to be used for instant skip to check a game what will be good version mostly play it on one hour on gamepass then watch some youtube videos for comparison video...mostly this will be for new games to release on xbox one's gamepass mostly developers or publishers will try to skip gamepass than use it due its not worth money to waste due it will affect future sequel of that game due slow sales of gamej on one console performance

Chiggs

Gold Member
Xbox Scarlett is fucked. I’ve never felt more sure of a project’s dismal future than I do of Scarlett.

PS5 is going to mop the goddamn floor with it.

Last edited:
this is not good even you highlight a gamepass that one is a double edge sword if not used correctly mostly some users or customers will try to use it as escapism for money to be used for instant skip to check a game what will be good version mostly play it on one hour on gamepass then watch some youtube videos for comparison video...mostly this will be for new games to release on xbox one's gamepass mostly developers or publishers will try to skip gamepass than use it due its not worth money to waste due it will affect future sequel of that game due slow sales of gamej on one console performance
Holy shit that's a long ass sequence

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Cory Barlog new IP
Days Gone 2
Ghost of Tsushima (cross-gen)
Ghost of Tsushima 2
God of War 2
Horizon 2
Killzone 5 or a new FPS from Guerrilla's second team
Ratchet & Clank 2
Spider Man 2
Uncharted 5 or Lost Legacy 2

The above 10 games which are pretty much guaranteed in my opinion already did the work Sony has to do and when you add in Japanese games, possibly Bloodborne 2 from Japan Studio, Bluepoint's PS5 Remake title and whatever else will get released. For me, the above is more than enough to get me to buy a PlayStation 5 at launch because I know that I will get all of those games and they will be amazing.

Top Bottom