• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys Origin (PS4/Vita) |OT| Yes, you can start with this one too

Having an Ys game with multiple main characters who all have actual character development kind of lessened my attachment to Adol honestly...

Same.
Adull bores the hell out of me.

-Great swordsman
-Red Hair
-That's it.

Normally I couldn't care less, but the later Ys entries have put a crapton more emphasis on storylines.

Miker

From the OP (directly from their marketing piece):

New Exclusive Features:

That's from the PS blog post that often advertises new to console features as completely new, and it's difficult to tell. I'm wondering what's actually new in this version vs the PC version. Is the HUD actually improved? Was it stretched on PC but now optimized for 16:9? Etc, etc. I haven't actually played the Steam version.

Squire

Banned
Is the story in this supposed to be good? Not expecting Kiseki/Trails, but the only Ys I've played any of is Celceta and that was just... really boring.

Kazer

Never did finish this on PC. I'll pick it up once it's out on Vita.

*edit*

Oh, it's cross buy?? Guess I'll get it on Tuesday then!

Cornbread78

That's from the PS blog post that often advertises new to console features as completely new, and it's difficult to tell. I'm wondering what's actually new in this version vs the PC version. Is the HUD actually improved? Was it stretched on PC but now optimized for 16:9? Etc, etc. I haven't actually played the Steam version.

Yeah, unfortunately, there is very little information available past that little blip.

Yes it has a platinum

Any chance you could post the list? Pictures, text, whatever. I just wanna know if it's the same as the steam achievement list, which would make it one of the absolute hardest plats, or a little toned down. I hope it's toned down but not too much - like beat nightmare boss rush with one character being enough

vegohead

Totally disagree to start with this one. It's extremly repetitive and your stuck in one area for the whole game. Start with oath of felghana and then play 1+2.

I've owned this on steam for years but never got to playing it... Probably shouldn't get this (even though I just got a vita) but I do feel ill have a better time playing it on a console

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I enjoyed the thread title.

This makes me want to play the game again... but on PC. It's fucking great, though, and everyone needs to play it.

cwistofu

Is this the definitive version then? Are the assets touched up from the PC? What does this have that the PC version doesn't?

Amazing game with some of the tightest gameplay the series has ever known. A bit claustrophobic in setting though, but I did find the variations of regions in the tower to be pretty good.

Timodus

Here's the trophy list:

WF4ENxB.png

ktkXr7o.jpg

ZJOw9B4.jpg

PIJn3dU.jpg

4j9adSQ.jpg

iswOQfZ.jpg

There's also 10 hidden trophies that are not on the pictures.

Thanks so much for posting the trophy list. Different than on PC, but also easier, but definitely not easy(unless the hidden trophies are ridiculous)

Thud

Thanks so much for posting the trophy list. Different than on PC, but also easier, but definitely not easy(unless the hidden trophies are ridiculous)

Those are probably story related, so relative easy to obtain.

I'm reinstalling the game for funsies on PC.

Dio

Banned
I already beat the three character routes on Nightmare with keyboard and mouse. It will feel really weird to go back to Napishtim era Ys on a controller.

Shahed

Damn I want this. But I've still got so many games to play. I still haven't gotten around to FFXV, Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian and more.

jb1234

Is the story in this supposed to be good? Not expecting Kiseki/Trails, but the only Ys I've played any of is Celceta and that was just... really boring.

It's nothing gigantically memorable but it's not as bloated as Celceta's, which I think automatically makes it better.

Wow that Trophy list is CAKE. I can knock that out in a weekend lol.

Doesn't look like the difficulty ones stack so that's annoying, but it still less playthroughs than what Steam version demanded of you.

Dio

Banned
Wow that Trophy list is CAKE. I can knock that out in a weekend lol.

Doesn't look like the difficulty ones stack so that's annoying, but it still less playthroughs than what Steam version demanded of you.

Yeah, this. I'm surprised there's no trophy for
beating the true final boss on the 3rd route on Nightmare.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Don't think I'll platinum this.

In fact, I don't think I've ever platinumed a Falcom game coz of the difficulty stacks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I highly recommend nightmare mode for this, if you are having trouble with a boss you can take 5-10 minutes and grind out a level or two to make it a little easier. But nothing outside of a very few games comes close to the feeling of beating nightmare Ys bosses not even stuff in the Souls series.

The general rule is if you feel like you are doing no damage you are under leveled or missed a weapon upgrade.

Don't sell yourself short with normal mode it's literally a button mashy almost no consequences slog in comparison
unless that's what you are looking for lol

Probably didn't want to spoil it as that's a big spoiler lol

I think the PS4 list is better conceived. I think most of these will be obtained during the course of a regular playthrough/experience with the game.

Vs Steam Origin list where most players get one for buying an upgrade from the bonus shop....and never again lol

Tohsaka

I forgot this was out this month. I'll probably wait a while to pick it up since I already finished the PC version and am still working on Nioh.

Top Bottom