• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

Wiseblade

Did anyone watch 3D Bonds Beyond Time? I actually saw it at the theaters when it was out. Pretty good movie too.

http://i.imgur.com/eNa7G.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I didn't think much of it. The villain was boring and using "stolen" versions of other people's cards isn't all to interesting either. But generally I hate it when YGO gets all serious business in general. I much prefer early GX and Zexal to OG YGO and 5Ds for that reason.

Kokonoe

Banned
I didn't think much of it. The villain was boring and using "stolen" versions of other people's cards isn't all to interesting either. But generally I hate it when YGO gets all serious business in general. I much prefer early GX and Zexal to OG YGO and 5Ds for that reason.

Exact opposite for me. Part of what made Yu-Gi-Oh! so entertaining for me is essentially that. But not just that, to me it was done great. It's also why I stopped watching Pokemon when Advanced started. The show instantly started losing what I liked about it.

Not to say Pokemon was heavily serious, but there is a certain balance I like with it. The beginning of 5D's is probably my favorite part of it due to realness of the situtation Yusei was getting into. Anything could've pretty much happened. Although
Crash Town
didn't make sense at all, and was pretty bad. Only thing I didn't like, although that seems like it was filler.

Kisaya

Confession: I never got to see the Millennium World arc of the OG series. I mean, I have. But not in full :<

Can we all agree that the Atlantis season was terrible?

Kokonoe

Banned
Confession: I never got to see the Millennium World arc of the OG series. I mean, I have. But not in full :<

Can we all agree that the Atlantis season was terrible?

I saw bits and pieces of it, mainly saw the finale. (hence why I want to Marathon the entire thing)
I thought it was interesting (not in either a good or bad way) that
Atem lost in it. Although, i'm not sure it even counts.
I can't say the arc was bad, it was entertaining from what I remember.

Although I remember not really liking the bad guy, but I think that's actually a good thing.
I'd say Dungeon Dice Monsters was probably the worst bit. But it wasn't terrible by any means.

Kisaya

Although I remember not really liking the bad guy, but I think that's actually a good thing.
I'd say Dungeon Dice Monsters was probably the worst bit. But it wasn't terrible by any means.

Aw what, no way! Dungeon Dice Monsters was great. It gave us Duke Devlin <3

Kokonoe

Banned
Let's play a Shadow Dungeon Dice Virtual Reality Capsule Monsters Card game on Motorcycles.

Kotaku recently did a page on some Facebook official Yu-Gi-Oh! Game called BAM!

8KLAm.jpg

Kotobukiya is releasing a Kaiba and a Yami figure this month.

b37aA.jpg

6SzMh.jpg

You can get it here.

More information on the 4Kids, Konami, Saban thing.

http://ravegrl.wordpress.com/2012/0...ss-cw-block-to-konami-saban-worth-15-million/
Further details of 4Kids Entertainment’s proposed sale of its Yu-Gi-Oh! business and CW programming block have emerged, the most significant of which is the hefty sum that 4Kids will receive for selling these assets to Konami and Saban: $15 million. Additionally, the sale will allow 4Kids to pay off all of its uncontested bankruptcy claims and still leave it with over $11 million for equity. As part of their deal, Konami and Saban will also be extending employment offers to certain (as yet unnamed) 4Kids employees so that their businesses can proceed uninterrupted.

The decision to consider a joint transaction — with Konami-affiliate 4K Acquisition assuming control of 4Kids’ Yu-Gi-Oh! business and Saban-affiliate Kidsco Media Ventures receiving 4Kids’ Saturday morning programming block on The CW — came about after six rounds of bidding during the June 5th auction. Before the auction was halted, Saban had the best bid of $11.8 million plus other “non-cash consideration,” while Konami had entered a prior bid of $11 million plus other “non-cash consideration.”

Konami and Saban’s joint bid is significantly more favorable to 4Kids than either of the individual bids alone.

Barring another abrupt rescheduling, a hearing will take place on Tuesday, June 26 where the court is expected to approve this transaction. The parties are then expected to seal the deal around the end of this month. If the deal is not realized by July 15, this transaction will be terminated and the auction will resume.

Why Did Konami and Saban Split 4Kids’ Assets?

While Konami and Saban were predominantly interested in different things, they were nevertheless initially bidding on nearly all of 4Kids’ properties.

The need to split up the assets was driven in part by 4Kids’ existing contract with The CW. According to their agreement, The CW is guaranteed $11.5 million from ad revenue each year. If the ad sales are sluggish and The CW doesn’t receive its full cut, 4Kids is required to pay the network the difference. Whoever assumes control of the CW block would have to shoulder this responsibility — no easy task considering how the children’s ad market has substantially weakened in recent years.

Saban, a seasoned veteran of the children’s television entertainment industry, was eager to pick up the programming block. It negotiated a better deal with The CW that dictated the amount it was responsible for paying the network if it took control of the block. Saban also established a limit to the amount that 4Kids already owed the network. The CW was enticed by the prospect of working with Saban.

However, when Konami entered the picture, The CW balked at the possibility of doing business with the less experienced company, insisting that if Konami purchased 4Kids’ programming block, The CW would still want the full $11.5 million annual ad revenue guarantee. For 4Kids, this was disastrous. There was an overwhelming concern that because Konami (or any potential buyer other than Saban) would need to put a significant amount of cash on the table to meet these demands, there may not be another bidder.

4Kids knew that Saban was primarily interested in The CW’s programming block and that Konami was primarily interested in the Yu-Gi-Oh! property. A week before the bids were due, 4Kids approached the two parties and suggested dividing up the assets. And although they were not able to reach an agreement right then and there, and 4Kids’ assets eventually headed to auction anyway, the trio were shrewd and resourceful enough to recognize the value of the splitting the assets. Ultimately, the path to the best possible deal had been paved, and each company was eventually able to get what it most desired.

Aw what, no way! Dungeon Dice Monsters was great. It gave us Duke Devlin <3

Well, I can't really say I entirely disliked anything from the first anime. It's just possibly my least liked. maybe.

Least there was dog suit Joey.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They don't design anime characters like they used to. Those statues are perfect.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
:(

I've been out of YGO for too long, my last deck was a Zombie World one. Did pretty well on WVD.

Wiseblade

>DN updates

http://i.imgur.com/yw3mP.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

And this is why I will NEVER play unlimited.

[quote="Andrex, post: 39206896"]:(

I've been out of YGO for too long, my last deck was a Zombie World one. Did pretty well on WVD.[/QUOTE]

Actually, You could probably make a decent Zombie Xyz deck without much tweaking. Especially with that one moster that dumps Xyz materials to special summon from the grave.

Ken

I like this thread. Unfortunately the last time I took the game seriously was right before Synchros (my last deck was a Gadget deck) so I don't think I have the brain or willpower to catch up.

vareon

I like this thread. Unfortunately the last time I took the game seriously was right before Synchros (my last deck was a Gadget deck) so I don't think I have the brain or willpower to catch up.

I'm pretty much in your position. I have too many fond memories of the game to completely forget about them though, so here I am in this thread.

Kokonoe

Banned

Well, being that I myself was out of the game before Elemental Heroes were even introduced and I came back a few years after 5D's, I'd say anyone can get back in the game if I did. I played a video game to get back into the series.

Just find yourself a Yu-Gi-Oh! game like Over the Nexus for DS, or 2010 for DS, or Duel Transer for Wii, or even Tag Force 5 for PSP.

Wiseblade

Here's what I'm currently working with for Spellbooks:

I'm still just throwing things in and seeing what sticks though. I'm thinking about squeezing One for One in there somewhere...

So far, Dark World decks have been the biggest obstacle. Between having their own field spell, Eradicator Epidemic Virus and Dark Deal, they have too many easy ways to screw you over.

EDIT: Decklist because I didn't realise how unreadable the text is...

Monsters - 17
2x Batel of the Spellbooks - searches out the "spellbook" spell cards from the deck and is good Wonder Wand/Magical Dimension fodder.
2x Effect Veiler - serves as a good target for Necro spellbook for your synchro needs. Also, I think it stops monster effects too or something, I dunno.
2x Ermite the Magical Sage - I've yet to actually draw this card and make use of it, but the level raising is nice on paper for synchro/xyz.
1x Force the Magical Warrior - Recycles spellbooks into the deck. Nice on paper, but hasn't really done much for me.
1x Gagaga Magician - For easy Xyz with any other monster on the field. Haven't used him much...
3x Junon the Magical Priestess - The Queen of the deck. With the way spellbooks can easily recycle themselves, her effect is trivial to pay.
2x Lependu the Magical Practitioner - Wonder Wand/Magical Dimension/discard fodder. only searching lvl3 sounds bad but...
2x Temper the Magical Summoner - Is one of the best cards in the deck. Since you (almost) always have a spellbook in hand, she's effectively an instant junon.
2x Magical Exemplar - her effect is easy to pay for when you can eaily use 3-4 spells a turn. she's an obvious target for the opponent though, so sitting on a load of counters usually isn't a good idea.

Spells - 18

3x Grimo spellbook - Searches for not only other "spellbook" spell cards, but also for batel. Absolutely no reason to run anything less than three copies of this card.
2x La Maison the Spellbook Tower - searchable by Grimo, recycles other spellbooks, gives you an additional draw and has a decent effect when destroyed. SO GOOD.
2x Hygro Spellbook - 1000 ATK boost and a search rolled into one. Sends Junon to a beastly 3500 ATK, larger than most boss monsters in play these days.
1x Alma Spellbook - Adds one banished spellbook to the hand. Makes Junon's effect trivial and is easily returned to the deck by La Maison/Force. 1 Should be enough.
1x necro Spellbook - searchable ressurection. All those clauses make it near impossible to use early on, but it's still really useful when pushing for game. Level modding is nice for synchro/xyz, especially with Effect Veiler.
1x Torah Spellbook - No way that name makes it to the west. As for the card itself, it's searchable/recyclable protection for your monsters. I might start running a second copy...
2x Magical Dimension - Turns wimpy Batels and Lependus into Junons, and destroys an opponent's monster just for good measure. always fun to set and use during the opponent's turn.
3x Wonder Wand - Lependu's best friend. And with all the searching/thinning this deck does, you usually bound to draw something good.
2x Mystical Space Typhoon - Do I need to explain this card to anyone?
1x Monster Reborn - If you don't know what this card does, I don't know what to say to you.

Traps - 5

1x Solemn Judgment - "lol no" in card form. You only need one lifepoint to win, right?
2x Solemn Warning - "No way you're summoning that"
1x Mirror Force - "You want to attack me? How about your monsters die instead!"
1x Dark Bribe - " I activate-" "No you don't, but take a card for trying."

No side or extra deck because I'm lazy. I'm not really using then, anyway.

bigkrev

Is there any word on 3DS or Vita games yet? It sucks that the Tag Force games aren't on PSN so they can't be played on Vita.

Wiseblade

Wow, that new Spellbook archetype is pretty rad.

Have you tried Malefic Stardust Dragon?

http://i.imgur.com/Jhcum.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I haven't really seen a need yet. Usually the Field spell's special summon effect is enough to deter people from gunning for it, and replacing/recycling the card isn't hard. Stardust also wouldn't work with the spellcaster specific support cards and would prevent me from getting any use out of hygro (the ATK boosting one). Although if people really start destroying Maison at every opportunity and I'm losing duels because of it, then I'll definitely try it out.

Kisaya

I always told myself that I would get into the TCG the day they can actually make duel arenas and disks with the holograms and all ;3

The duel disks toys they made were not enough :(

Ken

I always told myself that I would get into the TCG the day they can actually make duel arenas and disks with the holograms and all ;3

The duel disks toys they made were not enough :(

I always wanted a duel disk toy but they were so expensive for a giant piece of plastic that can't actually create virtual monsters. :(

I still remember my first "duel." My brother and I bought one pack each of LoB. He pulled a leg of Exodia and I got some random rare. We dueled with 9 card decks and it was pretty funny to get attacked by Exodia's leg.

So I just read up on the changes to priority in the game as was wondering if bottomless and torrential are staples now. Was torrential semi limited because of these rule changes? I've been out of the game for like a year so I was wondering how the meta has changed.

Big One

Banned
So I just read up on the changes to priority in the game as was wondering if bottomless and torrential are staples now. Was torrential semi limited because of these rule changes? I've been out of the game for like a year so I was wondering how the meta has changed.
No Torrential was semi-limited to fight off the massive amount of monster spam. Smart move imo.

Top Bottom