• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu Suzuki considering Crowdfunding/Kickstarter to fund Shenmue 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
If they were to make it almost exactly like the DC era games, how much would it cost today?

I'm be on board, but I don't know how SEGA would react to this. Does Suzuki own the rights to Shenmue?

hwy_61

Banned
I'll throw some money at it, but I can't but wonder if this is supposed to be proof to a publisher that people want a Shenmue. Otherwise, how much would that kickstarter have to be? Certainly not 1m. It'd have to be way more than that.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Seriously now, is anything less than $20 million enough to guarantee it lives up to the series' pedigree?
Remember, 20% of that amount will be wasted on backer gifts...

austinpowersvqjtt.gif

But seriously he will maybe get like 5 to 8 mil MAX if even.
That is no where near enough to make it the way we want it to be.

Kyon

Banned
I've never done this. Always thought it was pointless but for this I will literally drop $1000 minimum.

S1kkZ

unless he makes 20+ million from the kickstarter, there is no way he can make a game with the same size and scope as shenmue 1 (let alone 2).

but wasnt shenmue 3 supposed to be a very different game? maybe he can turn it into a smaller, more focused title that just gives the fans some closure.

but hell, i would still back it with 100$, i love the first 2 games.

DJIzana

If they do this then the only other dream games I'd want to play would be Versus XIII and Chrono Break. My gaming portfolio of amazing franchise must haves... Would be complete!

I just did my first kickstart for Rifftrax... Was a pleasant enough experience, but I'll never give to Shenmue. Sorry Shenmue fans, the game is just too boring. I've tried on several occasions on both the first and second games and I just can't get anywhere. The VA is terrible, the first several hours of door openings... all of it is just an insurmountable barrier that I can not cross.

I still wish you all the best, just as I know you'd give your support behind Mega Man Legends 3 if it ever came into the same situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom