• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yum Brands CEO: Pizza Hut needs to be more like Uber, convenience trumps quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
If I want a big, greasy takeaway pizza only Pizza Hut will do, and it's usually worth the diarrhoea.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
By the recommendation of this thread, I decided to give Domino's deep dish pizza another try tonight, and... it's still awful, just like all Domino's pizza. I'd rather have a Pizza Hut pan pizza.

GAF hyperbole and elitism at its finest.

Although I agree with you that Pizza Hut is better, Domino's pan and thin crust pizzas are actually pretty good, atleast here in Canada. Not the biggest fan of their hand tossed crust though.

CEO learned a shitty lesson. Uber is popular because its convenient AND good. No one would fucking use uber if there was a 50% chance you get raped or if you got dropped off at the wrong destination half the time.

Uber is also popular because it's cheaper than regular taxis most of the time. I think people, in general, would put up with the inconvenience of regular taxis if they were cheaper than Uber. The CEO of Pizza Hut totally missed the mark in his comparison.

Even though I rate Pizza Hut's pizza higher than Little Ceaser you can't beat walking into a pizza joint and walking out in 30 seconds with a couple of pizzas even if they do barely qualify as food.

Draft

Hire people who don't know how to cook pizza.

Give them subpar ingredients and equipment.

Deliver garbage pizza as fast as possible.

The fast food race to bottom isn't working out for their peers, so I'm not sure why Pizza Hut thinks results for them will be different.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Uber is not low quality. For cabs, convenience makes it a better product

It's faster
More reliable
Usually cheaper

It's just better.

Every once in a while we will get Pizza Hut and the problem is it always takes like an hour and a half to deliver. Dominos gets to us in 20 minutes. And dominos tastes better. Pizza Hut really needs to examine their food and their delivery model.

Wing street is pretty fucking good though.

By the recommendation of this thread, I decided to give Domino's deep dish pizza another try tonight, and... it's still awful, just like all Domino's pizza. I'd rather have a Pizza Hut pan pizza.

GAF hyperbole and elitism at its finest.

Tell them to get it well done.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Uber is not low quality. For cabs, convenience makes it a better product

It's faster
More reliable
Usually cheaper

It's just better.

Yeah, for transportation from a to b, people want to pay as little as possible, get there in as little time possible. Nobody's going to care about the radio not playing their favorite song, or the paint on the cab having a few scratches, that doesn't deteriorate the core product; transportation.
When you get subpar food, but you get it conveniently, it takes away from the core product; the food is not good enough for your needs. You can have it at your house within 5 minutes, if it tastes like shit, you're not going to say "at least I got it fast".

I think pizza-stores need to adapt the Uber-model, but in a different fashion; order the pizza you want through the app, notify the user the delivery guy is underway, track the delivery guy through GPS, pay through PayPal / Creditcard once it arrives. Boom, done. That's all you need.

KorrZ

I do tend to order from Dominos fairly often because the online ordering is so easy and convenient. It takes about 2 minutes to pick out your pizza, pay and tip by credit card and then you're done.

Pizza Hut on the other hand has a god awful website for ordering. The one time I tried to use it on my phone I ended up getting frustrated and ordering Dominos instead lol.

Boston pizza is nice, I tried their cheeseburger pizza and was blown away.

Pizza Hut used to be good but eh, I think quality and convenience need to both be had

Phu

Banned
Pizza Hut just needs to go back to whatever they were doing like a decade ago. I used to love their pizza but for the longest time it's been pretty subpar. Same goes for their breadsticks.

I love how his statement implies their pizzas had any quality left to trade off for convenience.

Did someone ejaculate on that pizza?

LCI-XG.gif

I like Pizza hut's pizza but their dine in facilities are just dirty. They need to adopt a cleaner presentation, leave behind the 80s dank humid style restaurante and modernize that shit. Some pizza huts dont need a dining area, make it like little caesars; slim the menu; make 5-10 great products instead of 50 shitty ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom