• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack and Wiki for $7.96 @ Toys R Us

Ptaaty

Firestreak said:
Ratchet and Clank is kid friendly, but like Pixar and classic Disney, is designed with adults in mind as well as kids. This game is just extremely irritating, and of the gameplay I tried, is extremely simple with a motion hook. Not comparable to Mario, that barely burdens me with a plot nobody really cares about, and has simple but very deep and rewarding gameplay. Feel the same way about Zack and Wiki as I did Psychonauts... extremely annoying plot that you can't get away from and focus on the gameplay easily, unimpressive gameplay and a lot of people calling it amazing - and complaints people respond to with "it gets better after hours of putting up with it."

might as well jump on the quote train....I wanted to shoot myself the first 15 minutes to half hour, tolerable only because I was playing it with a 6 year old. Then I started getting into the actual levels...and this quickly stepped up to one of my top Wii games.

Yaweee

gamergirly said:
Just how bad is the camera?

Not bad at all, as long as you select the correct camera for the situation. You can toggle in between one that follows your character, and one that zooms and shows pretty much the entire level at once with an appropriate angle for you to click on the ground clearly. It's controlled by a button in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

I died a few times to camera bullshit, but it could have been avoided if I had picked the appropriate style. You will die to it, too, as sometimes it is hard to know which is better.

Ptaaty said:
might as well jump on the quote train....I wanted to shoot myself the first 15 minutes to half hour, tolerable only because I was playing it with a 6 year old. Then I started getting into the actual levels...and this quickly stepped up to one of my top Wii games.

The training level is about ten minutes long, then the next one, "The Pit of Death" has no kiddy elements whatsoever except the somewhat goofy animation when you impale yourself on a pit of spikes and die. In general, the game is no more kiddy than a Roadrunner cartoon; there are plenty of instances that look ripped strait out of Merrie Melodies.

I do agree that the beginning of the game shows extraordinarily bad judgment on behalf of the developers. Why include something so divisive? Why have the only prominent VA be stupid mascotinese?

Top Bottom