• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zeboyd Games announces Cosmic Star Heroine (Suikoden/PhantasyStar-inspired Unity RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangolin

Banned
I love the fact this game has a female lead. It really helps carry the spirit of the original Phantasy Star. Day 1 for me as well!

I love the fact this game has a female lead. It really helps carry the spirit of the original Phantasy Star. Day 1 for me as well!

Yeah, we included many Phantasy Star references in the game.

CSH-Alyssa-Nightmare.png

Nice to see the progression, can't wait for the trailer. Remember how awesome this trailer for Cthulhu was ?

Yeah, we included many Phantasy Star references in the game.

CSH-Alyssa-Nightmare.png

Haha.

I am haunted by nightmares every night. A young girl is battling a giant demon. I am close by but can not move or speak! All I can do is watch while the demon keeps striking at the girl.
Just as she is fighting for her life, I awake! I awake in my room, dimly lit by the early dawn. I am filled with an incredible sadness and fear.

New artwork of the playable cast.

CSHgroupshot14.png

We got a request to do a trailer for E3 so we've been working hard on that and the beta got delayed. Should be soon though. And the trailer is shaping up to be pretty awesome. :)

I'm really excited for this game.

Please please please add in game options for scanlines and/or CRT filters. Phantasy star collection on ps2 did it!

CSHgroupshot14.png

We got a request to do a trailer for E3 so we've been working hard on that and the beta got delayed. Should be soon though. And the trailer is shaping up to be pretty awesome. :)

I love how each character has a story to them just from the artwork. There are so many subtle details that make me want to jump and and get to know the narratives behind them. Very cool.

I'm sure it's been asked/mentioned before, but is the Vita and PS4 version cross save? I think I remember reading it's cross buy, but cross save would be amazing.

Can't wait to see more! This is honestly one of my most anticipated games this year, right alongside Persona 5 and No Man's Sky.

CSHgroupshot14.png

nice! I loved PSIV and still do so it's a good feeling that you guys are making this game so I can relive my childhood :p

Definitely cross-buy. Not yet sure on cross save.

Thank you. Cross-save is definitely not a sticking point for me, but it would be great to be able to switch back and forth between the home console and my Vita when I'm away from home. If you end up not getting the feature to work, I'll probably mostly stick with the Vita version, which works just fine for me. These kind of games are perfect for the Vita platform.

Just wanted to pop in this thread since I saw a game dev at Zeboyd posts here to say that you all do some damn quality work and I'm really excited for this game. C'thulu Saves the World and the Penny Arcade games were some of the most enjoyable jrpg style games I've played and I can't wait to try this one out. Hope to hear more soon!

Grisby

I'm pretty happy every time I see this thread on the front page. It means that some news is happening, and we're closer to release. My Vita aches for this, especially after finishing severed.

Crocodile

Playable cast is larger than I expected, neat. Also I dunno why but dark-skin + green, straight hair is such an "anime" combo I couldn't help but chuckle. Anyway, I was always sad I missed the KS on this but I'm still looking forward to this game. Will probably be a while before I can play it since I don't have a PS4 but maybe I can figure out PC gaming in the near future :p

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
"Alyssa L’Salle is one of the galactic government’s top agents and always manages to save the day!"

Huh. Must be a typo. They mean Alisa Landeel.

240p original resolution so we can display it on a real CRT?

The default native resolution 480 x 270. The native resolution can adjust itself somewhat depending on the target screen resolution, but in general widescreen resolutions are best.

sorry if this already has been asked, but no xbox love again?

Again? All of our games have come out on an Xbox console. Cosmic Star Heroine will come out on Xbox One, but the release will be later because we can only focus on so many platforms at a time and because it's a Sony pub fund game (which we only did because we can only focus on so many platforms at a time and Sony was interested & Microsoft and Nintendo weren't).

Fjordson

Did the surveys as far as platform choice already go out? I can't even remember what I chose. Is that locked in for good at this point?

Nheco

Again? All of our games have come out on an Xbox console. Cosmic Star Heroine will come out on Xbox One, but the release will be later because we can only focus on so many platforms at a time and because it's a Sony pub fund game (which we only did because we can only focus on so many platforms at a time and Sony was interested & Microsoft and Nintendo weren't).

Sorry, my bad. I was thinking you where the same guys from Salt & Sanctuary.

Did the surveys as far as platform choice already go out? I can't even remember what I chose. Is that locked in for good at this point?

They've been sent, but nah, if you change your mind, you can always send us a message on Kickstarter & we'll put a note on your account.

Man the cast looks good. Also getting Suikoden vibes with the main girl's staff

This fan-art gives me a strong Suikoden vibe.

adj_noun

CSHgroupshot14.png

Well, there's the Cyber-Insect. It looks pretty cool.

You'll always be a Spider/Snake Hybrid Alien in my heart. Sniffle.

Khaz

The default native resolution 480 x 270. The native resolution can adjust itself somewhat depending on the target screen resolution, but in general widescreen resolutions are best.

270 vertical resolution? That's a weird one. I suppose it would work at 50Hz. Should be good on a widescreen CRT then.

[edit] I'm talking about PC output here of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom