• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Art Thread

NEO0MJ

I think this deserves a mention.

the_legend_of_groose_groosenator_of_grooseland_by_shattered_earth-d4i9336.jpg

http://shattered-earth.deviantart.com/art/The-Legend-of-Groose-Groosenator-of-Grooseland-272521698

Mistle

I can't really compete with the extremely high quality of this thread, but I'm pretty happy with how this came out:

linkandfidevart5mzzz.png

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
This thread is old enough that I dont feel like a douche for contributing my own work.

Plus, I posted a new Zelda fanart piece on my blog, so its timely!

tumblr_lyffy2BCiu1qed0geo1_500.jpg

(theres a color version of this out there, but i dont like it anymore ... the black and white does hold up though)

link_redesign_sketch.jpg

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I feel compelled to say this.

It's not that I hate the style, but I really, really do hope that Zelda will forever untouched by the "dark, mature, gritty Western" style. I really really hope that.

Amikami

Banned
That is so awesome :O! Reminds me of the other glorious artwork that stretched half the page. I enjoyed every bit of it, and this one is similarly wonderful. Nice bump!

apana

Wow at that artwork, beautiful. I really loved Skyward Sword.

I feel compelled to say this.

It's not that I hate the style, but I really, really do hope that Zelda will forever untouched by the "dark, mature, gritty Western" style. I really really hope that.

It doesn't need to be gritty but it doesn't have to be too cute either. I don't personally mind cute but I don't think that is what consumers want. I just want it to look like a painting or animated film. I'd love Baroque art or maybe even Romantic art style.

Just thought I'd take the opportunity and show you guys a few of my pieces.

I like skyward Sword's style, but I don't think it was fully realized on the wii. There are too many setbacks like limited geometry and lighting. I also love the original art for Zelda, and the Zelda II art that everyone loves to post.

televator

Stop GAF! There's too much amazing in this thread. I might go blind from how many incredibly good fan arts there are in here. I....can't look away! It's too good! Damn you GAF!

Cute comic, although sadly the game does not even try to reach this kind of emotionally intense and thematically roundabout moment. I enjoyed Skyward Sword, but they were far more reserved (Japanese?) about their relationship than some artists have imagined, ha. Granted, that's probably why they are imagining.

apana

We discussed a lot of Zelda art in the HD Zelda thread. Here it is in case anyone wants to go through it. I also included a post that I enjoyed below the link.:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427708

Ferdinand Georg Waldmüller :

WALDM%C3%9CLLER+Ferdinand+Georg,+Children+at+the+Window.jpg

Ferdinand_Georg_Waldm%C3%BCller.jpg

0273-0097_traunsee_mit_schloss_orth.jpg

Austrian painter from the 19th century. His work is mindblowing. I would love to see Zelda's artstyle shifting from South American influence to a Swiss/Austrian one. South Tyrol would be a awesome basis for the Zelda HD enironments. I would kill for a seamless vast world looking on par with Majola/Gottardo and with a touch of Locarno/Bolzen. Add some Baltic Sea influence and Russian woods and you get the job done.

Yeah, I like dreaming.

I just looked through the last few pages of this thread.

Wow. Just. WOW!

I really wish someone could make a Zelda Tribute Book with a lot of this artwork. I'd buy it Day 1.

Hmm yes it was a powerful scene. If there was one thing I truly appreciated from SS besides the incredible art direction and music, it is the animation and facial expressions. It really made the characters come alive. Anyways, sorry for the off-topic comment. just had to get that off my chest.

There is a lot of absolutely amazing artwork in here. Some pieces are just mind-blowing. I hope this thread continues.

Choppasmith said:
I really wish someone could make a Zelda Tribute Book with a lot of this artwork. I'd buy it Day 1.

That would be amazing.

I'll keep the party going with a few Twilight princess related ones I did...

nGBLr.jpg

7XI0o.jpg

Typah.jpg

Top Bottom