• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Art Thread

Link Man

Banned
Hey guys, I want to work on a painting this semester that's Zelda themed. The problem is im having a hard time coming up with good ideas. Do any of you have any suggestions or images youd like to be reproduced in oil painting format? Any size any dimension I have tons of canvases. I'd like to create something really fun and beautiful! :)

OoT, Link in Hyrule Field playing Ocarina, Epona approaching in far background. Wind blowing hair and cap.

Might be a bit cliche, though.

Haunted

BO1lR.jpg
*faints*

mantidor

OoT, Link in Hyrule Field playing Ocarina, Epona approaching in far background. Wind blowing hair and cap.

Might be a bit cliche, though.

just a bit? lol

I say go insane, Hero defeated timeline, Zelda alone, having to decide what to do about Ganondorf.

Or afterwards, when the godesses decide to just drown everyone down.

apana

Hey guys, I want to work on a painting this semester that's Zelda themed. The problem is im having a hard time coming up with good ideas. Do any of you have any suggestions or images youd like to be reproduced in oil painting format? Any size any dimension I have tons of canvases. I'd like to create something really fun and beautiful! :)

How about Link fighting or staring up at Puppet Ganondorf from Wind Waker.

CorvoSol

For humorous, show us post Adventure of Link dealing with two living Princess Zeldas.

For something more inspiring or beautiful, Four Swords Adventures has this waterfall level that I would love to see someone paint the four Links scaling.

And for personal request, Fierce Deity Link fighting either Majora or standing over all the other Links.

Pupsicles

The waterfall imagery sounds wonderful, there is a lot of potential in landscapes that I think I will be more focused on. Although link's figure might make a small appearance I wouldn't want the painting to be blatantly loZ. Thanks everyone for your ideas and time! :) if I do end up doing what I visualize I will definitely post it! If you have any other suggestions or images feel free to PM me!

Sushigod7

I've said this before but I get so excited seeing this thread get new content the Link's Awakening add rocks it. We need more Wind Waker!

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
From Katsuya Terada:
1173168663372.jpg

That's the style I want. If they could pull this off it would be amazing.

Terada's art has always represented what I want out of a Zelda game. A game like Demons Souls has provided that type of atmosphere. I don't dig the whole young link/two inch tall link/ and all the cutesey townsfolk. Terada's art shows a true normal looking hero in terms of build, and up against near impossible odds/foes. He looks determined, scared, and the overall tone is dark/exploratory. I've always said that if they could capture his art into a game, it would make for the best Zelda ever, and not just based of looks, but an overall atmosphere. The game should be near void of hints, but the rewards for exploration should be more suprising and useful. I want to be able to enter a dungeon and find out that it's too hard to attempt by getting destroyed, I want to mark that on a map and be able to come back later wondering if the item(s) I found somewhere else might just get me further.

That sounds so good. Which means it'll never happen. D:

RedSwirl

Found a Flickr account containing what I think are scans from Hyrule Historia. OK to post?

Edit: Jesus. It's like 30 straight pages of old school Zelda art, much of which I've never seen before.

Sushigod7

Found a Flickr account containing what I think are scans from Hyrule Historia. OK to post?

Edit: Jesus. It's like 30 straight pages of old school Zelda art, much of which I've never seen before.

I think scans are a no no but the old school art has my interest, different from what we have here already?

Albo

I said gotdayum!

8Mv9Ngs.jpg

These are some Deku concepts I am working on, but I put this one on hold because I just had to draw the skulltula. - Nate Hallinan

Rd4AZqj.jpg

I wanted a dignified and imposing Goron. Something wise and strong that also clearly exemplified that these guys are a mix of organism and rock.

3ZCTMlb.jpg

I just wanted to paint something scary as shit.

pV8I8md.jpg

And I really wanted to dig into people's fear of spiders.

This makes it look like artwork from 1990s point-and-click adventure games. Pretty cool.

True. It does make it really stand out.

Top Bottom