• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Launch trailer, JP boxart, March 3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerkeyMan

Back in december I lost my job, because after a reorganisation (is that a word?) my specific role wasn't "needed" anymore. So because I wasn't fired but rather "unwanted" they had to give me a deal of 7 months with full pay, which I accepted.

So I"ll have time to play :)

Back in december I lost my job, because after a reorganisation (is that a word?) my specific role wasn't "needed" anymore. So because I wasn't fired but rather "unwanted" they had to give me a deal of 7 months with full pay, which I accepted.

So I"ll have time to play :)
That sucks but sounds like a good severance, my company has been bought out 3 times in the last 7 years and that's always a fear, especially when the severances are much worse, like 1 week for every year worked

The Koroks in the Switch demo have updated appearances, proper voice acting/SFX, and now make reference to
a new character named Hestu
. There's a clip here.

Cerium

So I just beat Fire Emblem Conquest on Hard and NEVER

EVER

in the history of gaming has any game demanded so much of your skills only to reward you with such an utterly shit ending and writing.

When is Zelda? I'm going to watch the trailer again to wash this taste out of my mouth.

My hype was in check, but then this trailer appeared on my screen...

"Please don't cry my princess. Link will make it right and restore the kingdom for you."

"And you... Calamity Ganon... You're already dead."

Wii U version pre-ordered.

Neoweee

EVER

in the history of gaming has any game demanded so much of your skills only to reward you with such an utterly shit ending and writing.

When is Zelda? I'm going to watch the trailer again to wash this taste out of my mouth.

It's the exact same story as previous Fire Emblem games. Characters briefly appear on the screen, and then the cutscene just... ends? Back to the good parts!

That huge serpent thing in the desert is called North Dragon's Exile Molduga or is the desert North Dragon's Exile and the serpent thing is Molduga?

Peléo

I think the Sand Walrus that Link uses to sandboard around might be a more fleshed out character or a companion.

aWajT1N.png

Also, there will at least be a Dash option when riding it:

xFbOjBW.png

It also clearly shows that Link is shield surfing through the desert attached to the sand walrus. I'm not sure if it was clear previously that he was shield surfing or just sorta surfing on his feet.

Peléo;229503110 said:
I think the Sand Walrus that Link uses to sandboard around might be a more fleshed out character or a companion.

I'm betting they're just like horses. There are many of them and you can catch/tame any you want.

Uh oh.

This is regarding the recent Superbowl commercial and the "leak"

Does "North Dragon's Exile" in the game lend credibility to Dragonthorn Fortress?

Uh oh.

This is regarding the recent Superbowl commercial and the "leak"

Does "North Dragon's Exile" in the game lend credibility to Dragonthorn Fortress?

Honestly by far the biggest flag for that leak was
claiming that both OoT's castle town and TP's castle town are in this game. The series has NEVER reused exact towns/settings like that, and I very much doubt it will do so now. Also, we can see OoT's "ruined" castle as a potential easter egg on the great plateau, so it would make no sense if the actual castle town survived yet the castle got ruined.

Yonafunu

The Koroks in the Switch demo have updated appearances, proper voice acting/SFX, and now make reference to
a new character named Hestu
. There's a clip here.

Looking at the adventure log here, when you select a quest (the main quest in this example) it says "set destination" and sets a marker on your map. I'm wondering if the same goes for side quests, which kinda goes against what we've been thinking about marker-less quests.

The Lamp

My hype was in check, but then this trailer appeared on my screen...

"Please don't cry my princess. Link will make it right and restore the kingdom for you."

"And you... Calamity Ganon... You're already dead."

Wii U version pre-ordered.

What are you talking about? I've never seen a trailer with these quotes

Looking at the adventure log here, when you select a quest (the main quest in this example) it says "set destination" and sets a marker on your map. I'm wondering if the same goes for side quests, which kinda goes against what we've been thinking about marker-less quests.

Nah. Notice that that same quest has a given objective which the game in the game world marks on your map? That doesn't happen for the quest immediately after.

Oh good catch. I hope this is only for main quests then, although even that much is a bit disappointing.

If link talks in this game. His first words better something amazing.

"I'm here to cut the grass, ma'am."

It's not though. The old man gives the next quest right after and it has no objective marker.

Oh, another good catch then! I was scanning through that video since I've seen these interactions at least a dozen times now haha

That's reassuring then, but I guess it doesn't guarantee that only the first quest of the game has a map marker.

Yonafunu

Nah. Notice that that same quest has a given objective which the game in the game world marks on your map? That doesn't happen for the quest immediately after.

Hmm, you're right. That makes sense, as it seems like Zelda is remotely interacting with your Sheikah Slate (maybe through her own?). That's reassuring.

Ooh there's some official art for Falco there.

KHlover

Banned

EVER

I think I'm at the final final boss right now. The ending was obvious from Chapter 1, but there's still a few ways the game can disappoint me further. Let's see how bad it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom