• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Launch trailer, JP boxart, March 3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckaneo

Wait...

Does every shrine give your tablet a new ability? Does Link have 100 physics manipulating abilities in this game?

Someone halp me. I'm getting too hyped again!

Only the first ones have abilities. I think there is room for one more spot

After that you get other things

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Wait...

Does every shrine give your tablet a new ability? Does Link have 100 physics manipulating abilities in this game?

No there's like 6 or 7 Runes. Some Shrines will likely boost those Runes abilities. We've seen footage of a Bomb+, in the TGA Treehouse footage, that has a shorter recharge time and maybe does more damage.

gardfish

There is a far deeper meaning, I'm sure.

Just look at the subtitles to all the past Zelda titles:

So I'm sure that Breath of the Wild has significance to the game and also it's narrative.

I saw a theory earlier that the blue flower that has a conspicuous scene in the trailer when the Deku Tree (?) is talking about Link's amnesia will have some thematic or literal connection to Link's memories. If so, I'd bet anything that the flower's name will be "breath of the wild."

Cerium

Sword I might have been misidentifying. But multiple dresses:
So no sword and three dresses.

White dress:

zelda-620x349.png

which I am assuming is a non-clothed model because she is wearing it in a storm and also while bathing. Also it doesn't have shoulders like the one she wears a blue top over.

That's not a non-clothed model, it's the same model she's wearing in many other shots.

I really think this is a case of you seeing what you want to see.

zeldablue

In his defense...a bunch of people think Zelda has a sword in this scene: (Click the image to make it bigger)

5mmKIEB.jpg

It's really hard to tell though...

No there's like 6 or 7 Runes. Some Shrines will likely boost those Runes abilities. We've seen footage of a Bomb+, in the TGA Treehouse footage, that has a shorter recharge time and maybe does more damage.

Oh great. So I can make it easier to accidentally kill myself. :|

How many dungeons will this game have? And if it's the rumored 4, how do the programmers justify that given their previous output, and the fact that this Hyrule will be the largest open world for a Zelda game.

I think they are being "mum's the word" on the dungeons. Assuming that the four giant creatures are things we *Shadow of the Colossus* around on and inside of, as dungeons, the 100+ Shrines - which surely some of them have to be full-fledged dungeons, with unique bosses - I'm sure there are other things that are being kept secret, like other dungeons, or an alternate world perhaps with its own unique dungeons.

5+ years is a long time to develop a game and with everyone at Nintendo EPD working on it, I'm sure that there are tons of surprises in store for us!

Wait...

Hopefully there will be some unique boss encounters in at least some of them!

Cerium

In that it is something equipment could conceivably be worn on top of? Yes.

If you guys don't agree, that's fine. I am not sure why this idea is offensive to you.
False information is irritating. Don't deflect.

I love the idea of a playable Zelda. I'm doubly disappointed now about being misled about the possibility.

Merc_

Zelda isn't going to be playable and you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. At most she might help you out a little like during the final battle with Ganon. Other then that though, I don't see it.

13ruce

Banned
Zelda isn't going to be playable and you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. At most she might help you out a little like during the final battle with Ganon. Other then that though, I don't see it.

I can see her as a companion tho, that you can call her for help after a certain point in the game ofcourse.

Or the amiibo.... Lol

zeldablue

Maybe Zelda is just plain dead.

Everything you hear of her is just a voice recording that she thought would help Link out when he finally woke up.

:|

it really is incredible, the guy keeps telling you that no it won't happen and they still expect it to happen.

Maybe Zelda is just plain dead.

Everything you hear of her is just a voice recording that she thought would help Link out when he finally woke up.

:|

See this is very likely.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I can see her as a companion tho, that you can call her for help after a certain point in the game ofcourse.

Or the amiibo.... Lol

This is my most hopeful feeling. I'm not convinced the footage we've seen of Zelda in the Champion like outfit is from the past like the white dress ones definitely look to be. When's she's in her blue outfit we see her in several locations the rainy woods, an open field in the sunny day and in the red rock plateau region. Could be some traveling Link and Zelda did in the past but I feel like it could be something they do together in the present. But I'm certainly not expecting it.

Immobile

Neo Member
oh man this could be the best legend of zelda game but I'm still thinking, I hope that princess Zelda is not stuck in the castle the whole game, what if princess zelda is only alive in the past? :( shes my favorite nintendo character and damn in the last trailer scenes "story scenes" Link doesnt have the sheika slave and he is wearing only the master sword what means = He is in the past with zelda even with zelda in the blue champion outfit it is the past.

The master sword obviously goes to shit in the past because of guardians/ganon and you can see it in the trailer, then zelda defends link and sends him to sleep, place the sword in the lost woods/deku tree. then when the deku tree is talking to link at the start of the trailer we can see the master sword in a good form and link with sword/shield/bow so it means mid/final game.

Zelda playable in the past or atleast a companion at some point after the open your eyes/plateau stuff, dont let her be just a cutscene/final battle like in Twilight please Anouma.

also I truly believe there are going to be only 4 dugeons that are these big beasts (camel, bird, elephant, etc.) the trailer and the calamity ganon map are pretty obvious with it, doesnt mean that we cant have ice caverns, ikana castles, lent of truth dungeon and similar stuff, Im sure that besides the 90+ shrines and the 4 beasts the game will have some mini dugeons like those from majoras/ocarina.

The Lamp

In his defense...a bunch of people think Zelda has a sword in this scene: (Click the image to make it bigger)

5mmKIEB.jpg

It's really hard to tell though...

Oh great. So I can make it easier to accidentally kill myself. :|

I can easily see that her hands are each on her knees and the thing to the side is just the edge of the ground spreading out from the base of the tree. But maybe there is also a sword in there.

Enough bickering brothers and sisters!

We are getting the ultimate "The Legend of Zelda" game with "Breath of the Wild"!!

It is literally what Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma always wanted to accomplish with the game since the original was released to the world in 1986. Ever since I played the original, and saw the beautiful artwork in the instruction manual - I dreamt of a playable anime "The Legend of Zelda" game and this March - in less than 2 months, we will have just that!!

Nintendo is giving several nods and hints to this very fact, as is evident in the following pictures:

legend_of_zelda_conceptart_tcdh9.jpg

Zelda-BotW-Link-and-Sunset-1024x576.jpg

Zelda-comparison.jpg

legend-zelda-old-man-nes-switch.png

Simply incredible :)

Also, this short trailer is new to me:

https://youtu.be/b8hDuCeG1xg

13ruce

Banned
This is my most hopeful feeling. I'm not convinced the footage we've seen of Zelda in the Champion like outfit is from the past like the white dress ones definitely look to be. When's she's in her blue outfit we see her in several locations the rainy woods, an open field in the sunny day and in the red rock plateau region. Could be some traveling Link and Zelda did in the past but I feel like it could be something they do together in the present. But I'm certainly not expecting it.

Yup agreed and it would be weird if you just keep visiting Zelda as a main quest mission every time. Would make the story more personal if she travels along sometimes.

zeldablue

See this is very likely.

Honestly...I would be happier with this than her just hanging out in the castle again. I just want some sort of surprise. A companion or playable Zelda would certainly be a surprise...but literally anything that doesn't follow what LoZ/AoL/ALttP/OoT/OoX/TWW/TP/TMC/SS does endgame would make me happy.

They can copy Spirit Tracks though...that ending was kind of baller. Except for the stupid train stuff.

Well we know the voice talking to Link in the demo was Zelda 100% after this recent trailer. There was a scene in the demo where Zelda is talking to Link and as she is talking to him there is a bright light flickering from trapped inside Hyrule Castle with Calamity Ganon suggesting that is Zelda's location. It would mean there is a mid game twist if Zelda is playable. Given Miyamoto's comments at E3 about you only get a sense of who Zelda, Link and Ganon were. I think the main story will be the basic Link defeats Ganon and saves Zelda. You can get more background of the story by obtaining memories, completing side quests, exploring the land, etc.

Immobile

Neo Member

I hope that you are right but everything we have seen of princess Zelda is in the past except maybe the sunny day when she turns her face to the camera, but in that same trailer you can see Link with just the master sword and no sheika slave everytime when he is with Zelda, also you can see princess Zelda doing the "girly run" on a sunny day with the sheika slave so maybe thats a similar cutscene that put her in the past.

Link in the present (open your eyes, we play as him) is always wearing a random shield,sword and quiver (like when he is in fron the master sword and the deku tree speaks "O I see you have no recollection of me"

ubiblu

Are people really getting upset at the prospect of only 5 major dungeons? Even if each of the shrines are only 5 minutes long, that alone is more dungeon content than most other Zelda games to date. Throw in the major dungeons on top of the 100+ shrines, and one of the largest gaming world's in recent memory, you can't say they've sat on their hands for 5 years doing nothing.

Calm your farms people.

Zelda being in the present timeline wouldn't be far fetched, they could have simply not shown any footage of her in the present. Plus the "save my daughter" could in theory be in the future. But it could also be in the past.

It's anybodys game fortunately. Well have to learn by playing the game. Or by somebody leaking the whole thing somehow.

Are people really getting upset at the prospect of only 5 major dungeons? Even if each of the shrines are only 5 minutes long, that alone is more dungeon content than most other Zelda games to date. Throw in the major dungeons on top of the 100+ shrines, and one of the largest gaming world's in recent memory, you can't say they've sat on their hands for 5 years doing nothing.

Calm your farms people.

Good point :)

Calm your farms people.
While to be taken with the tiniest grain of salt, I recall reading a rumor right before E3 that was saying 4 mega dungeons split up into multiple parts. Each part would take a few hours to complete and you would sometimes need to leave the dungeon and come back to it later when you have a specific item.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Well we know the voice talking to Link in the demo was Zelda 100% after this recent trailer. There was a scene in the demo where Zelda is talking to Link and as she is talking to him there is a bright light flickering from trapped inside Hyrule Castle with Calamity Ganon suggesting that is Zelda's location. It would mean there is a mid game twist if Zelda is playable. Given Miyamoto's comments at E3 about you only get a sense of who Zelda, Link and Ganon were. I think the main story will be the basic Link defeats Ganon and saves Zelda. You can get more background of the story by obtaining memories, completing side quests, exploring the land, etc.

I hope that you are right but everything we have seen of princess Zelda is in the past except maybe the sunny day when she turns her face to the camera, but in that same trailer you can see Link with just the master sword and no sheika slave everytime when he is with Zelda, also you can see princess Zelda doing the "girly run" on a sunny day with the sheika slave so maybe thats a similar cutscene that put her in the past.

Link in the present (open your eyes, we play as him) is always wearing a random shield,sword and quiver (like when he is in fron the master sword and the deku tree speaks "O I see you have no recollection of me"

Good points, and exactly why I don't expect it. Just think if there was a possibility that would be it from what we've seen.

I'm curious if at 2:36 of this latest trailer as Zelda turns to look at us to her left far off in the distance we can see an orange glow like that of a Shrine that has not been explored. Which coincidentally enough was shown just one scene prior at around 2:33. I wonder if anyone else thinks that orange glow is a Shrine, which could be proof of that scene taking place in the present, or if you think it's something else entirely.

Immobile

Neo Member
+100 shrines + 4 dungeons is more than enough for me, there are people that is not ok with it and I respect them (because theres a lot of people that love zelda games only because of dungeons) but we are talking about what is probably the most biggest overworld zelda game ever, we have the gerudos. zoras, koroks, gorons and falco, sidequests that are not marked in the map (looking at the gamexplain footage), big overworld bosses, crafting,some towns, the first difficult zelda game in ages? shirtless Link (tons of tunics)
Princess Zelda amazing design, the wolf easter egg, and countless things that I cant even remember.

It is going to be really hard for breath of the wild to dissapoint even to the most hardcore zelda fans

I just noticed this but the cooking animation is skippable. This game is basically empty of anything potentially tedious, goddamn I love it.

How's it going with the list?

Lot of work came up all of a sudden so I haven't had the time to get into it. It'd probably be similar in structure to my thread on Horizon Zero Dawn overall just focusing more on Zelda in particular.

Immobile

Neo Member
Good points, and exactly why I don't expect it. Just think if there was a possibility that would be it from what we've seen.

I'm curious if at 2:36 of this latest trailer as Zelda turns to look at us to her left far off in the distance we can see an orange glow like that of a Shrine that has not been explored. Which coincidentally enough was shown just one scene prior at around 2:33. I wonder if anyone else thinks that orange glow is a Shrine, which could be proof of that scene taking place in the present, or if you think it's something else entirely.

Dont get me wrong, I'm hoping for princess Zelda to be playable at least in a paper mario princess peach style, twilight and skyword sword barely show her so I hope this time is going to be different, I dont want to get my hopes up so I guess I just want her not to be some old woman holding calamity ganon in a castle when we play as link in the present :(

13ruce

Banned
+100 shrines + 4 dungeons is more than enough for me, there are people that is not ok with it and I respect them (because theres a lot of people that love zelda games only because of dungeons) but we are talking about what is probably the most biggest overworld zelda game ever, we have the gerudos. zoras, koroks, gorons and falco, sidequests that are not marked in the map (looking at the gamexplain footage), big overworld bosses, crafting,some towns, the first difficult zelda game in ages? shirtless Link (tons of tunics)
Princess Zelda amazing design, the wolf easter egg, and countless things that I cant even remember.

It is going to be really hard for breath of the wild to dissapoint even to the most hardcore zelda fans

Same for me if all those 100 shrines are like the e3 treehouse footage then i would certainly not mind 4 dungeons+final dungeon.

KingBroly

Banned
I can easily see that her hands are each on her knees and the thing to the side is just the edge of the ground spreading out from the base of the tree. But maybe there is also a sword in there.

Maybe Link has the
Real Master Sword and Zelda has the Rusted one?

Also going by the trailers I'm getting a
2 Zelda vibe, either a callback to Zelda 2, OR past Zelda and present Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom