• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Launch trailer, JP boxart, March 3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

13ruce

Banned
Time's going so slow, now i wish freezing yourself in or a time machine were really real.... Pffff it's going really slow lol.

Time's going so slow, now i wish freezing yourself in or a time machine were really real.... Pffff it's going really slow lol.

We need Sheikah resurrection chambers. Though we have to remember to set them to 32 days rather than 100 years. That would be kind of depressing if we missed BotW by 100 years.

We need Sheikah resurrection chambers. Though we have to remember to set them to 32 days rather than 100 years. That would be kind of depressing if we missed BotW by 100 years.

But think, you'd have BotW's super 20K HD REMASTER plus the next 99 years of Zelda games all waiting for you as soon as you woke up!

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Agree. Leaves me even more perplexed why the European cover has to suck that bad :(
I really like the European box art, the shot of Link looking at the tree is a much more interesting composition then the NA version.

I really like the European box art, the shot of Link looking at the tree is a much more interesting composition then the NA version.

The directing lines that all point to Hyrule castle in the distance is a pretty simple reason why the Japanese Art is better. It serves to emphasize the journey a lot better when you've go something to point towards in the distance which the Japanese Art expertly presents.

Rodin

Agree. Leaves me even more perplexed why the European cover has to suck that bad :(

I don't think it sucks at all but it certainly looks much, much worse and kind of misses the point of the game, unlike the japanese one. I really don't know who makes these decisions but they should at least yell at him.

Oh well, at least we have that gorgeous art on the limited box.

daffy

Banned
I'm having more trouble waiting for this game than anything since KH2 in 2006. I keep playing old Zelda game a to contain the hype but it's so hard. And this game has been done for months!! The agony. I just want to try the demo :( :(

32 days
same. I just finished playing Majora's Mask 3D. No idea how younger me put up with collecting all those masks lol. Ready for a modern Zelda

Phoenixus

Replaying Skyward Sword to kill time between now and March 3rd. Really still not keen on the motion control, and there are so many minor things that annoy me (barren sky and slow flying speed, Fi, switching items around etc), but I'm enjoying the dungeon and area design, and Ghirahim is a great villain, making me wish Nintendo started proper voice acting in the series here instead.

WadeitOut

Soon.

UYw8Uu4.jpg

I'm dehydrated.

I wonder what the change jump button option is?

Also it's lame how there isn't an option to disable voice acting or change the language, very backward in a game that Nintendo is heavily touting that the player can do anything but yet seem to be unable to include basic feature.

My enjoyment of the story will be severely hampered by this oversight.
Being able to disable voice acting is a basic feature? That's news to me :p

RetroMG

I'm having more trouble waiting for this game than anything since KH2 in 2006. I keep playing old Zelda game a to contain the hype but it's so hard. And this game has been done for months!! The agony. I just want to try the demo :( :(

32 days

Same. I did a quick replay recently of Zelda 1 and 2, now I'm playing Majora's Mask with my Wife and the LttP Randomizer by myself.

Nickle

I've been waiting half my life for a good new 3D Zelda, I'm 20 years old and Twilight Princess came out 10 years ago.

Current events here in the US are intensely depressing, only 32 days until I can move to Hyrule.

So what is the consensus here, do people think we will actually be getting additional runes than the ones shown? I'd be kinda disappointed honestly if we only get 4 runes (the 2 bomb runes are the same) and upgrades of those.

Nickle

Current events here in the US are intensely depressing, only 32 days until I can move to Hyrule.

So what is the consensus here, do people think we will actually be getting additional runes than the ones shown? I'd be kinda disappointed honestly if we only get 4 runes (the 2 bomb runes are the same) and upgrades of those.
There was 1 unfilled rune slot at E3, so there's at least 1 more rune. Maybe there'll be "traditional" items that you use with the L button like runes.

Nickle

I'm pretty sure this will be the best Zelda ever.
I'm certain it will be great, but to truly be "the best", it needs to be a well crafted game from start to finish. Even though Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are my favorite Zelda's, OoT and LttP are the only games in the series with no major flaws.

If BotW manages to completely fill the world with meaningful content, avoid padding the game with shallow collectathons and fetch quests, and have a well paced main quest, then it could very well be the best Zelda.

The Lamp

I'm a little concerned that within a week people will have easily figured out how to beat Ganon quickly at the start of the game, basically making most of the game relatively pointless. Aonuma didn't emphasize that he was extremely powerful (just said you will likely die), and Nintendo isn't exactly known for the caliber of their boss fights. I hope Ganon is truly very fucking hard.

I'm a little concerned that within a week people will have easily figured out how to beat Ganon quickly at the start of the game, basically making most of the game relatively pointless. Aonuma didn't emphasize that he was extremely powerful (just said you will likely die), and Nintendo isn't exactly known for the caliber of their boss fights. I hope Ganon is truly very fucking hard.
The journey is greater than the destination though, it'd be those peoples' loss.

Cerium

Just getting to Ganon will probably involve running a gauntlet of enemies that can one shot you.

Actually beating Ganon will probably be something that is more theoretically possible than practically possible.

Even then we'll probably only get some kind of gray area ending without a true conclusion.

Maybe, but even the first regular (there are mini ones as well) guardian seems to wreck Link after the plateau. And its pretty fast.

Charamiwa

Banned
Did they even say that you could beat Ganon from the start? Get to him sure, but I assume you'd need those blue arrows or something. Or at least some unbreakable weapon. How many rusty swords would you need otherwise lol

It's doesn't feel right to challenge Ganon without the Master Sword and/or light Arrows.

Still I'm going straight to him just to see how far I can infiltrate

Dystify

Did they even say that you could beat Ganon from the start? Get to him sure, but I assume you'd need those blue arrows or something. Or at least some unbreakable weapon. How many rusty swords would you need otherwise lol

They said you can get to the final boss early, but they didn't even call it "Ganon". They also didn't mention whether you'd be able to beat the final boss early or not.

Just the one more like the slots show iirc.

When I look at any Zelda game, it's hard to find many additional items that would have to use a rune with this system, considering the sperate melee and ranged weapon slots and other moveset expanding items like paraglider and whatever else there might be. Could be a third type of bomb like bombchu, honestly.

I'm still counting on a hookshot-like bow weapon of course.

When I look at any Zelda game, it's hard to find many additional items that would have to use a rune with this system, considering the sperate melee and ranged weapon slots and other moveset expanding items like paraglider and whatever else there might be. Could be a third type of bomb like bombchu, honestly.

I'm still counting on a hookshot-like bow weapon of course.

We pretty much see something like a rope arrow tied to link right in the trailer. It'll probably be in the game and used to anchor to animals or other places. It makes perfect sense considering jumping off a cliff slows down time to aim.

As for me, I'm just curious if the Opals and Topaz gems confirm Lightning and Water arrows and how those elemental properties work like if I could use lightning to transform Chu Jellies.

They said you can get to the final boss early, but they didn't even call it "Ganon". They also didn't mention whether you'd be able to beat the final boss early or not.

Yeah, they said you'd probably die, but that might just mean escape is your other option rather than defeating him.

We've not seen everything but the way the quest is presented seems to encourage you to try going straight to the castle anyway, but there could be something we're missing like a conversation when you're given the paraglider,
don't think they showed that?

Cerium

I disliked the Japanese Crying. Actually can't really judge a language I don't understand.
I just want the honestly see what Ganondorf is gonna look like, if he's in the game.

It looks more like Ganon has just become a big cloud at this point in the timeline. And I'm cool with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom