• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild map size: 12x Twilight Princess, a tad smaller than XCX

The fact that FF XV has taken like 10 years being developed makes the map thing unimpressive. Now, Zelda BotW being a relatively newly developed game and having such a massive map is truly enchanting. Can't wait.

Kind of an odd bump in more ways than one, I don't understand what the development time matters at all to your enjoyment as an end user. I mean, I disagree that a large map in itself is a good thing, but at least I could see how others might think that way. But development time? What? And for the record, I'm saying this as someone who has zero (negative?) interest in FFXV, and has BotW as its most anticipated game right now.

wolflink

Banned
I expect each zone to feature a bunch of NPCs but those will be very vert important.

If the map has 15 zones x 2 NPC per zone ( Average) we will get 30 npcs.

It's going to be big for sure, it just needs to be meaningful.

The Meaning is a sense of adventure, to trek across the vast expanse of land to your Destination on the Horizon, that's what I think this feeling is what they're trying to evoke. Part of the Issue of the "adventure" in Wind Waker I find is that you can't see landmarks far off so there's no real sense of anticipation. But BoTW doesn't have that issue, there's tons of stuff out there, you just have to look for it on the Horizon.

It's extremely romantic yes, and definitely Risky, but if there's any series I trust that can reliably evoke incredible feelings through gameplay, it's the Zelda Series.

Top Bottom