• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild "Tweak" Wish List

Lizardus

Holy shit, dude. Could you come up with any more examples of how I'm playing the game "wrong"?

Yes, now I see where I went wrong. I clearly didn't spend nearly enough effort trying to figure out how to avoid hitting things with a sword in a fantasy adventure game.

I forgot one: If you have elemental chus, you can lay traps. Fire chus will put them on fire. electric chus will stun them and ice chus will freeze them. On a frozen enemy, the next attack does 3x the damage.

There, saved you a bunch of durability.

hatchx

Banned
It's probably been mentioned, but an option to auto-switch to the next shield/weapon/bow if it breaks. Just have it auto-switch to the next in the cue. So many times I'm going ham in the middle of a flury rush and I lose a couple of seconds realizing my item is broken.

Arttemis

Many of the complaints about the durability seem to come from players that are either emotionally attached to their weapons or over-rely on certain weapons as a way of engaging in combat, and most of the suggestions to dilute it or outright remove it fail to acknowledge how critical the breakable weapons are to keeping the open world gameplay balanced.

I don't think there's any right or wrong way to play — that's kinda what I love about this game — but I also think it's up to the player to spend their resources accordingly in a game that makes it clear that weapons are consumable resources. While there are ways it could be improved (quick dropping plz), being annoyed at the inclusion of any kind of durability system almost on principle seems weird to me.

While you might not think there's any wrong way to play, the game sure punishes people who want to play certain ways. For a game so open with so many ideas, being punished for wanting to use particular tools really
fucking sucks

Guys, think about what you're saying for a moment. You're seriously saying that people who have a criticism about weapon durability - probably the most common criticism, by the way - that the solution is for them to not use their weapons?

Insofar as video games can be taken seriously, that's major victim blaming. And it's ridiculous in a game clearly designed to let you play how you want. Play any way you want, except, we've designed the game to try and force you to NOT play this one way that we think you probably want. Any other way, though, is okay.

Read my OP. The first thing I said is I'm on board with breakable weapons. I just think they break too fast. I'm not "doing it wrong".

While you might not think there's any wrong way to play, the game sure punishes people who want to play certain ways. For a game so open with so many ideas, being punished for wanting to use particular tools really
fucking sucks

it was well before the halfway point in my playthrough before quality weapons, both standard and elemental, became plentiful in the open world. I use whatever weapon applies to the situation at hand because it's so likely I'll find a replacement or alternative in due course. I've been tempted to hold on to strong weapons or specific elemental weapons, but I've found that just using them when they apply to a given situation, and replacing them in kind, has really been my best approach to playing this game. It saves on inventory management and the game's not exactly short on alternative solutions for what particular, hoarding-worthy weapons do (like guardian shit and elemental weapons for example)

Somnid

Maybe for the durability people a blacksmith character that can copy weapons at the cost of giving him one to add it to the inventory and paying for each copy. The various dungeon completion weapons kinda work like this already.

Petting dogs. In fact I kinda wish the whole wolf link thing worked with dogs too. And then we can talk about foxes and wolves.

Ditto for mounts. It's cool to have other mounts but you can't really do much with them because they run away. Also TP had mountable boars, BotW doesn't. Some animals you would expect to be able to ride given the other things you can, it's one of the few places you say "wait, I can't do that?"

I kinda wish bombs were another item type like bows and shields like in TP. That way, they could bump up the damage since spam would be less viable. They don't even really use bombs in such a way you need an infinite supply, some puzzles even require arrows which aren't. But in addition to square and circle bombs you could have things like bombchus.

Just make the horse teleport. They are only really useful for traveling the main roads because you're always jumping off cliffs or warping.

When pressing R to throw a weapon, you should be able to press a button like a or y to drop the weapon at your feet. This would greatly help inventory juggling.

Auto weapon cycle on break at least as a config option. This is especially problematic for bows as you can't quick select unless you are holding one.

Better HD rumble support.

Arttemis

it was well before the halfway point in my playthrough before quality weapons, both standard and elemental, became plentiful in the open world. I use whatever weapon applies to the situation at hand because it's so likely I'll find a replacement or alternative in due course. I've been tempted to hold on to strong weapons or specific elemental weapons, but I've found that just using them when they apply to a given situation, and replacing them in kind, has really been my best approach to playing this game. It saves on inventory management and the game's not exactly short on alternative solutions for what particular, hoarding-worthy weapons do (like guardian shit and elemental weapons for example)

And? I'm not asking or stating a desire for "strong weapons'. I just want to use the weapons I want to use! They're not even 'good' by comparison to what drops after 210+ hours.

Just refer to this post of mine to see what I'm talking about.

dadjumper

Tiny nitpick: give me the ability to disable the beeping sound on the sheika sensor while still using it. Maybe it could beep once when it detects a thing and then just flash in the corner of the screen. Or just don't beep at all. It was annoying, regardless.

Arttemis

Maybe for the durability people a blacksmith character that can copy weapons at the cost of giving him one to add it to the inventory and paying for each copy. The various dungeon completion weapons kinda work like this already.

Petting dogs. In fact I kinda wish the whole wolf link thing worked with dogs too. And then we can talk about foxes and wolves.

Ditto for mounts. It's cool to have other mounts but you can't really do much with them because they run away. Also TP had mountable boars, BotW doesn't. Some animals you would expect to be able to ride given the other things you can, it's one of the few places you say "wait, I can't do that?"

Just make the horse teleport. They are only really useful for traveling the main roads because you're always jumping off cliffs or warping.

When pressing R to throw a weapon, you should be able to press a button like a or y to drop the weapon at your feet. This would greatly help inventory juggling.

Better HD rumble support.

I want a blacksmith, and a durability potion.

You can mount bears, and deer. I think that's cooler. I do wish you could tame them to remain by your side, though. I totally agree with the mount teleportation, too. Same with dogs, foxes, frogs, and squirrels, too.

I'd rather you just be able to drop a weapon/shield/bow from within the quick-select menu. That serves all three types in one game-tweak.

HD rumble support is completely absent, so any kind is better than none, I guess. I'm really curious to feel it.

Lizardus

Guys, think about what you're saying for a moment. You're seriously saying that people who have a criticism about weapon durability - probably the most common criticism, by the way - that the solution is for them to not use their weapons?

Insofar as video games can be taken seriously, that's major victim blaming. And it's ridiculous in a game clearly designed to let you play how you want. Play any way you want, except, we've designed the game to try and force you to NOT play this one way that we think you probably want. Any other way, though, is okay.

Read my OP. The first thing I said is I'm on board with breakable weapons. I just think they break too fast. I'm not "doing it wrong".

You're not a victim of anything so no need to stoop that low. We are also not saying that you are playing the game wrong. We are saying that you are limiting yourself by not using all the tools that the game provides you. Its ok to impose restriction on yourself when it comes to combat but lets not act like weapons are hard to come by. Moblins,Lizalfos and Bokoblins are what you will be fighting majority of time and they are always in a group and each one has weapons that they drop when they die. Even the lowly wooden weapons get Dragonbone versions that are very powerful.

The only weapon in this game is your imagination. Everything else is just a tool.

Shin-Ra

Holy shit, I found another Ancient Screw on a guardian. This momentous occasion must be marked with an interrupting pop-up.

All that I want is even more content and the ability to register every mount, even if it is only at one stable surrounded by lynels, bring on the challenge!

quabba

I just want more plentiful arrows. Vendors only have 15 arrows without having to spend time picking up arrows that enemies shoot at me...

Lizardus

I just want more plentiful arrows. Vendors only have 15 arrows without having to spend time picking up arrows that enemies shoot at me...

I believe that if you have a certain amount of arrows in your inventory (around 100?), stores will not re-stock arrows. Similar to how fairies won't spawn if you have 3 in your inventory.

the Lizalfos on the path to Zora's Domain are a good source to farm arrows.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
It would probably take a whole day to write out what I would change about the game.

Getting rid of shield and weapon durability would definitely be number one on my list.

Getting rid of the stamina meter, or atleast for running and gliding, would be second.

And one that would be on my list, that's probably not an often cited criticism, is being able to call my horse anywhere.

In TW3, I would traverse the map on horse even when I had fast travel available because it was convenient since I could call my horse anywhere. Because of that, I would run into interesting things and sidequests hidden throughout the map.

The horse system in BOTW sucks, and it doesn't make sense that this is where Nintendo goes for realism in the game considering we play as a character who can conjure up massive heavy weapons out of thin air. Usually horses in games are provided to enhance the gameplay, to provide a faster way to traverse the map. In this game it's the opposite.

You're not a victim of anything so no need to stoop that low. We are also not saying that you are playing the game wrong. We are saying that you are limiting yourself by not using all the tools that the game provides you. Its ok to impose restriction on yourself when it comes to combat but lets not act like weapons are hard to come by. Moblins,Lizalfos and Bokoblins are what you will be fighting majority of time and they are always in a group and each one has weapons that they drop when they die. Even the lowly wooden weapons get Dragonbone versions that are very powerful.

The only weapon in this game is your imagination. Everything else is just a tool.

You assume I'm not using all the other tools, and you're wrong. It's rather insulting, quite frankly, to be accused of being so unimaginative.

So, I just did a quick test. I went into Hyrule Castle, got a brand new Royal Broadword ("Attack Up" version, 49 damage). I saved, then took it out into the world and hit enemies with it. 32 hits. I re-loaded and did it again to make sure. 32 hits - on enemies, not shields, rocks or trees - that's it, before it breaks. The first time, I just ran south from the castle. I think I killed 3 Keese, one Windblade guy, and 5 Bokoblins, one blue. The second, I warped to the Bottomless Swamp in southeast Hyrule Field and killed 4 Bokoblins, 3 of whom were bow guys and went down in one hit, one Silver Moblin, and knocked a Silver Bokoblin into the mud. That leaves several enemies in that single location alive.

Does that sound reasonable? 32 hits, for the 2nd best one handed sword in the game, outside of the Master Sword itself. Be honest. You really don't think that seems low?

Stencil

I agree with weapon durability. More so adding a visible number, and somewhat to upping durability slightly all around.

The stamina meter being part of the HUD is a good call, too.

Other than that, my only other annoyance was with the UI occasionally. Scrolling through inventory got irritating after I'd collected so much. Maybe add a 'closer look' type feature on the inventories that have more than one page, so you can swipe past them in one go with the right stick, or press a button if you want to look through each section.

Lizardus

You assume I'm not using all the other tools, and you're wrong. It's rather insulting, quite frankly, to be accused of being so unimaginative.

So, I just did a quick test. I went into Hyrule Castle, got a brand new Royal Broadword ("Attack Up" version, 49 damage). I saved, then took it out into the world and hit enemies with it. 32 hits. I re-loaded and did it again to make sure. 32 hits - on enemies, not shields, rocks or trees - that's it, before it breaks. The first time, I just ran south from the castle. I think I killed 3 Keese, one Windblade guy, and 5 Bokoblins, one blue. The second, I warped to the Bottomless Swamp in southeast Hyrule Field and killed 4 Bokoblins, 3 of whom were bow guys and went down in one hit, one Silver Moblin, and knocked a Silver Bokoblin into the mud. That leaves several enemies in that single location alive.

Does that sound reasonable? 32 hits, for the 2nd best one handed sword in the game, outside of the Master Sword itself. Be honest. You really don't think that seems low?

That would be low if you weren't constantly being showered with weapons where ever you went. Did you pick up Windcleaver from the Yiga guy or any weapons from the Bokoblins? You lost one weapon but gained 4 or 5 more.

That would be low if you weren't constantly being showered with weapons where ever you went. Did you pick up Windcleaver from the Yiga guy or any weapons from the Bokoblins? You lost one weapon but gained 4 or 5 more.

Talk about missing the point. You don't think it's valid for someone to not want to go through multiple weapons in a single encounter? Or avoid using weapons in order to avoid doing so? I'm well aware of the why, for god's sake, read the OP. I disagree with the duration, not the design.

I'm surprised you didn't tell quabba to stop using arrows to avoid running out of them.

McNum

UI tweak: The current active heart is enlarged like in previous games or an optional border around the filled hearts, possibly in white.

I'm colorblind and the transparent grey background makes it really hard to see exactly how much health Link has in some environments, especially bright ones, like the sky, or places with a lot of red tones in the environment. The bonus hearts are great, they're easy to see.

selo

- Increase weapon durability just a tad, maybe 50%
- Allow us to discard shields and bows just as melee weapons (without the need of going to the inventory screen)
- Allow us to save/load armor sets for easier switching and accomodating for various scenarios
- Allow us to save recipes or food combinations, gray out in case we don't have all of the ingredients so the cooking process is faster
- Remap buttons function
- Button to swap current weapon with a weapon on the ground/somewhere
- Perhaps add an item that would call your horse even without taking it out of a ranch, it would make me use the horse more

That's all I can think of at the moment

Cartho

Let us re-map buttons. It's insanely that a commonly used function like Sprint, which you might need to get at in a hurry, is on something as inaccessible as the bottom / top face button (I swapped them as dodge on the top one was hideous for me).

I mean you have the scope function on right stick click, which you don't use that often. Or at least, you don't use it generally in the middle of a tense piece of action or climbing / platforming. It would be HUGELY better if you could have sprint on the stick and scope on the top face button. Right now you have to make a choice between controlling the camera and sprinting, and that is straight up awful control design.

I'd also like better inventory management as others have mentioned - easy ways to drop weapons from the quick menu, a way to swap a currently equipped weapon with one on the ground / in a chest if you find something better etc.

Twiforce

"victim"

tsundoku

A couple more tilesets for shrines or move more shrines into "shrine quests" and use that awful blessing mechanic

Blessing shrines replaced with fancy looking chests and the sheikah mummys pedestal can come out of the ground

More durability on early game weapons and less durability on late game weapons
or
Max weapon slots at the start, everything durability of branch -> travellers weapons
giving hestu korok seeds subtracts an inventory slot and adds a swing of durability to all weapons permanently

an upgrade you can get like the 4 main blessings to not lose the stamina from slipping in rain, just the stamina, keep the counting handholds+jump mechanic for competent climbers to use in the rain

cryonis freeze on waterfall creates the box halfway through the waterfall
cryonis holdable button to make the box horizontal or lengthwise to your perspective but only as tall as it is on it's "side" (basically rotated 90°)

use cryonis magnesis and stasis in the air for the same cost as aiming the bow (stamina PLUMMETING)

let me cryonis hot water and magma just make the block start sinking immediately

permanent upgrade you can get "power bracers" that lets you life some larger rocks / bigger boxes and gives you a permanent like +5 attack to any weapon

no shield damage from shield sliding anywhere, maybe make it cost stamina so you still have a reason to choose between it and gliding (same formula as climbing, where it costs more stamina to jump/climb up the steeper it is, if youre sliding down a slope you dont lose hardly any stamina but if youre using your speed to go up a slope the slower and the steeper you go up the more stamina it takes)

let me stasis the sun or moon to lock the time of day / slow down a blood moon and dont unstasis it automatically until i release the hold / go in a shrine or dungeon

if its an object and it hasnt suffered any stasis damage yet / gained any momentum leave it stasised until i unstasis it or go far enough away / leave the shrine
something like the max range of magnesis

unstasis gives you your stasis power back right away unless used on a monster

make link stop and do an animation of him snapping after a charge attack for urbosas fury
- balance, urbosas fury does a hell of a lot of damage
- to get to see the cool snap animation more then once

and other obvious ones sane people posted like redo every fucking merchant to just let you modify / dye items in a grid and select multiples at once. lemme sell multiples at once. lemme buy multiples at once.

option on equipping an armor that is down one or two that says " equip set" if you have multiples it will just look through your inventory in its current sorted order rightwards and down

only play annoying animations like hestu and great fairy once per mass-action

Kurt

add tornado's and tsunamis :)
Also give a new ability to cast a amount of water (will be nice for puzzle solving) -> also allow diving in water.

tsundoku

add tornado's and tsunamis :)
Also give a new ability to cast a amount of water (will be nice for puzzle solving) -> also allow diving in water.
I seriously doubt the wii u would have been able to handle all this game and a liquid physics mechanic

a torrential rod that lets you make a rainstorm and flood out areas would be a cool thing to see in the sequel or a really really really optimized really really really late switch patch

not really a minor tweak tho

Lizardus

Talk about missing the point. You don't think it's valid for someone to not want to go through multiple weapons in a single encounter? Or avoid using weapons in order to avoid doing so? I'm well aware of the why, for god's sake, read the OP. I disagree with the duration, not the design.

I'm surprised you didn't tell quabba to stop using arrows to avoid running out of them.

Not really telling you to stop using weapons. Just saying that using weapons in conjunction with other tools will prolong the durability. I don't look at weapons as individual weapons but rather as a single entity comprised of number of hits. If I want to use up those "hits", I can be sure that I will find a way to replenish those hits very easily.

Why would I tell someone tostop using arrows? Arrows are OP in this game also help you save melee weapon durability. Bows are way more durable than melee weapons and headshots are easy to pull off.

Silurus

I think this is a weird criticism, I much prefer the stamina meter where it is right now. It's all I really care about when climbing, so having it front and center makes absolute sense.

Same here. Makes perfect sense and I have never felt it was in the way.

Zautruche

Banned

Royal Broadsword have 36 hits, and are the 6th best one handed swords for both attack power and durability. (7th for durability if you count the Spring-Loaded Hammer)

3 Keese - It is safer, easier and faster to kill them with one bomb.
Yiga Blademaster - They always drop their Windcleaver, and can drop Mighty Bananas. Use them.
5 Bokoblins - Most of them have weapons, the dragonbone variants are more than decent. Use them.
No way it broke after that, especially with a 49 damage one.

4 Bokoblins - Same as above.
1 Silver Moblin & 1 Silver Bokoblin - Silver variants have a lot more HP, and they always drop good weapons and minerals to make the champion's weapons) Use them.

Oh, and all of them drop loot you can sell to buy arrows.
So it's 6 weapons in each case, including one where you use your weapon for no good reason and have some durability left, and another where you defeat 2 silver monster.

At max you can only carry 19 melee weapons and 13 bows. And yet you call the 6th best one handed sword allowing you to get 6 new weapons, not "reasonnable" ?

He might not be saying you are playing wrong, but he is just being nice. You are playing as wrong as your knowledge of the game is.
If a game gives you limited ressources and you use them carelessly you are the problem, not the game. Anyone playing correctly will have a inventory full of good weapons without even trying.

Farmboy

Most of these have been mentioned, but these would be my fixes:

- an armor set that allows hassle-free climbing in the rain
- a recipe book, with selectable recipes when standing by a cooking pot (and having the ingredients)
- a store that lists, repairs and replaces any weapon/shield type you've found, for a price (which would make finding a powerful new weapon worth something) -- think of it as the horse fairy of weapons
- also: being able to make one of your weapons self-repairing, a la
the master sword
- being able to quickly select a full set of armor
- more storage space in
Link's house
- raise max stamina to at least five wheels, raise standard stamina or make running and gliding cost slightly less
- being able to send your horse to the nearest stable, and perhaps call it from there as well (the current system where you have to lead it back yourself actually discourages exploration)
- have an auto-skip-(recurring)-cutscenes toggle
- make a map overlay available that has more clearly marked/color-coded altitudes (so it's clearer that you're warping to a high or low point in the area)

G.ZZZ

Regarding difficulty:
- Decrease durability on most higher level weapons (just make so you find mostly heavily used ones). Lategame you just drop weapon constantly even with max inventory it's stupid.
- Make perfect dodges and perfect parries use stamina. Make minibosses not as trivial and give more meaning to stamina upgrades.
- Make heavy armor decrease your max stamina. Heavy armor is just OP this game.
- Decrease HP pool of certain minibosses. Difficulty should come from not just being able to perfect dodge every attack and then press Y.
- Make food deplete all stamina so it isn't spammable in combat as much as before.
- Make armor upgrade only 2 for each stars, not more so your max final armor is like 37 not fu****ng 88. 88 armor endgame make every attack deal 1/4 heart to you it's ridicolous.

Crafting:
- Make more items craftable, create a quest line from a smith that make you learn how to craft weapons eventually by yourself, in your own house
- Make houses much more customizable, add the ability to build various things at material costs like bridges, statues, ponds, etchable with gems etc whatever... if i have a town building quest i want to be able to personalize my town much more than i actually can now.

Multiplayer:
- this game would gain a lot from a multiplayer. However, max 30 or so players per game, so that finding another player still feel like a rare experience like it should in a sparse world like this one. This is more sequel material though.

TI82

Banned
I just want a way to run and jump with a better button layout. And not enemy variety. Other than that it is a perfect game.

brad-t

But you haven't provided any evidence that the duration is too low beyond you straight up just not liking it. Pick up a different weapon or pick another in your inventory. Since at least the halfway point I've never been in a situation where I didn't have at least a few great weapons in every class, and I suspect this is the case for most players, including yourself. Usually I'm deciding which awesome glowing weapon to get rid of to pick up another awesome glowing weapon. Increasing the durability would only exacerbate this.

gardfish

- being able to send your horse to the nearest stable, and perhaps call it from there as well (the current system where you have to lead it back yourself actually discourages exploration)

You can already do this though? You can leave your horse anywhere in the world and go to any stable and they'll retrieve it for you.

Talk about missing the point.

I'm pretty sure it's you that's missing the point my friend. 32 hits sounds about right to me, seriously that royal claymore is stupid powerful, if you spin attack a hinox it's dead before it even stands up, it would be straight up broken if it had double the durability.
Yes, you should be avoiding hitting things with your sword. Use your worst weapon most of the time, replace it with a new one after thing is dead, repeat.

I can see how it's annoying though, I mean I HATED Dead Rising 1 the first time I played it, I picked up a chainsaw and after sawing through 10-15 zombies it broke and I was like "the fuck? this is bullshit!" but I eventually learned to love the improvisational gameplay to the point that it now rests in my top 10 games of all time, and it's perfect game balance would be utterly ruined if the durability was any higher. I feel the exact same here, the game would lose much more from a durability tweak than it would gain.

But you haven't provided any evidence that the duration is too low beyond you straight up just not liking it. Pick up a different weapon or pick another in your inventory. Since at least the halfway point I've never been in a situation where I didn't have at least a few great weapons in every class, and I suspect this is the case for most players, including yourself. Usually I'm deciding which awesome glowing weapon to get rid of to pick up another awesome glowing weapon. Increasing the durability would only exacerbate this.

Yes, not liking it is the point. What's wrong with that? It's the entire premise of the thread! I don't see anyone dogpiling the people who want to pet the dogs (pun intended).

I'll say once more: it's probably the most common criticism of the game. Do you have no criticisms at all? Because this one is, at the very least, as valid as any you do have. I would say more so, considering its popularity.

After playing for around 60 hours, I've never once been in a situation where I've been without a weapon decently suited for the area I was in. I use them, they break, I pick up a new one. Easy.

I do think that there's more they can do to refine the system, but it's a quite necessary mechanic with this world structure.

Legit blacksmiths could have been implemented. I think there's plenty of ways to do that without trivializing durability. One way being you have to scrap old weapons to go towards making new ones, instead of outright buying an inventory full.

brad-t

Yes, not liking it is the point. What's wrong with that? It's the entire premise of the thread! I don't see anyone dogpiling the people who want to pet the dogs (pun intended).

I'll say once more: it's probably the most common criticism of the game. Do you have no criticisms at all? Because this one is, at the very least, as valid as any you do have. I would say more so, considering its popularity.

I have a lot of criticisms, most of which are pretty common. Too-often awkward UI and controls, lack of enemy variety, weak sidequests, too few indoor structures to explore, etc. (The music is awesome though.)

When it comes to the durability system, I've had a very hard time understanding the criticism since it seems to come mostly from a place of "I feel sad when a weapon I like breaks" rather than it actually harming the playability of the game or being poorly executed as a design concept.

And yeah, me too; when a weapon I really like using breaks, I feel a bit sad about it. So what? I feel a bit sad when I get trounced by an enemy, or run out of ammo for a gun I like using (obviously, not in this game), but it doesn't mean the game's design is at fault. When a weapon breaks in BOTW, I know I'll quickly find the same thing again, or something even better, just through regular gameplay.

If you were constantly running out of weapons because they break too fast, then I think we could say there's something wrong with the design. But the more common issue is that players run out of space before the run out of weapons.

I think when you engage with a game, it's on the player to embrace the game's mechanics. Games are entertainment products, but that doesn't mean that they need to cater to the player's every desire — especially if doing so would be antithetical to the game's design. (See: endless arguments over Dark Souls difficulty)

Recognizing melee weapons as a consumable resource is a bit of a paradigm shift — and an especially huge one in the context of this series — but the system as designed seems to be to be well-executed and to serve the goals of the game. It allows the game to constantly drip feed you weapons that are appropriate for where you are and enables the complete open-endedness that's core to the game's design. It couldn't be altered without having huge ramifications across the entire game's design.

I will say that I wish durability wasn't consumed by non-combat interactions, though.

No I mean when it says the damage to shows the Damage per second or per minute or whatever.

I want a way to compare fast weapons with slow weapons =P
You can pretty much do the math yourself, though, right? A spear hits about three times faster than a claymore, for example.

It would be nice to see damage from special circumstances, like the last hit of a combo or hitting an elemental weakness or something, though. But I can't really think of a better way of showing that than having numbers fly out.

HF2014

- Add a buyable Sheikah stash in your house. You can increase its size with... korok seeds!
- To go with the stash, add an option where weapons, shield, bow you find in chest can go to your stash if no space on you.

plufim

A Yiga Clan armor set. I was actually hoping this would happen in the game, allowing link to visit the Yiga town and buy stuff, but despite having the town icon on the map it's abandoned after the quest.

Here's one thing I find possible but improbable: add an option for a low-res mode, assuming that improves the framerate. Would be especially appreciated on U.

Top Bottom