• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath of the Wild will seemingly have dual audio [Up: Nope]

Busaiku

I hope the NA version has the Latin America dub.
I doubt I'll play it in anything but English, but if I did, that would be it.

Nothing suggests dual audio in the discussion to me.

It does only say Japanese and French but honestly I don't think it explicitly means just dual audio. I think it's going to be all languages in one cartridge.

Plum

Wait so what versions are getting what dubs? Will my PAL version get the Japanese dub or will it only get English and maybe the other European dubs?

I've always wondered if people's perception changes cause they cant understand the language. Would be funny if Japanese individuals didnt think it was good, but werent well versed in English to notice anything wrong in the English version. (Not that it's good or bad)

Actually I know of people that dont really understand english but even then said their dub was shit (because this is usually a pretty hipster thing to say by some people, at least in my country) and the english one was amazing because it was the "original" and they want they wanted to play isntead.
I find it always funny when I correct them telling them the original would actually be the japanese one and that in a lot of english forums some americans actually consider their dub of a lesser quality than the rest, including the one that they say to hate.

As a spaniard that is pretty open to different localizations and that doesnt have any problem understanding stuff in english without any subs (thanks to being educated in a british school till I was 18 years old) and enjoys lots of english series in their original language, and that still can appreciate a lot when they do a great job in my language (like in the case if this zelda dub) and criticise harshly when they dont, IMO the english dub is pretty mediocre. Mostly because of Zelda sounding really dull (and im not talking about the cry, but in general) and the old woman's voice being terrible.
And I do not think always an english dub is worse than the japanese one, for example I liked a lot more the english voice acting in The Wonderful 101, than the japanese (I played twice the whole game), that while sounding good, was very typical, and the english one sounded super charismatic and over the top, and I think that was what that game needed.

Glin

How many dubs are there exactly? Ive seen the English, Spanish, Italian, Russian, French, German and Japanese trailer. Haha yeah I had too much time.

NSESN

How many dubs are there exactly? Ive seen the English, Spanish, Italian, Russian, French, German and Japanese trailer. Haha yeah I had too much time.

There's also Latino Spanish i think, or it is just the same as the European one?

ckaneo

Actually I know of people that dont really understand english but even then said their dub was shit (because this is usually a pretty hipster thing to say by some people, at least in my country) and the english one was amazing because it was the "original" and they want they wanted to play isntead.
I find it always funny when I correct them telling them the original would actually be the japanese one and that in a lot of english forums some americans actually consider their dub of a lesser quality than the rest, including the one that they say to hate.

As a spaniard that is pretty open to different localizations and that doesnt have any problem understanding stuff in english without any subs (thanks to being educated in a british school till I was 18 years old) and enjoys lots of english series in their original language, and that still can appreciate a lot when they do a great job in my language (like in the case if this zelda dub) and criticise harshly when they dont, IMO the english dub is pretty mediocre. Mostly because of Zelda sounding really dull (and im not talking about the cry, but in general) and the old woman's voice being terrible.
And I do not think always an english dub is worse than the japanese one, for example I liked a lot more the english voice acting in The Wonderful 101, than the japanese (I played twice the whole game), that while sounding good, was very typical, and the english one sounded super charismatic and over the top, and I think that was what that game needed.

Yeah, I can tell some of that occurs.

However i dont hear anything wrong with the acting, it seems to me that people just dont like their voices. Hopefully that's the case. Low quality voice acting is notorious in english dubs

The old woman sounds exactly like how I want her to sound. Like the perfect cast for me. That voice sounds familiar as well, for some reason I think he was avatar the last airbender or something.

Japanese, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian. So seven, it seems.

Here's a video that splices all of the voice acted lines from the latest trailer together.

Every single language dub has amazing voice actors for sure.
They all sound very alike.
The Deku Tree (or at least I think it's the Deku Tree) apparently being voiced by Helmut Krauss in the German dub makes this so much better for me. I've known his voice since I was a kid. Amazing talent right there.

There's Spaniard Spanish and there's latin America Spanish. Pronunciation is a bit different but Spanish speakers always prefer one over the other.

Didn't think about that. Well, maybe someone could give the above video a listen and report back?

How is that possible? Isn't the game only 13GB?

I don't think Nintendo is one of those companies who leaves everything in their data in an uncompressed state. Not every huge game has to be 50GB in size.

Nepenthe

I'm quite happy with this. Considering the grunt tracks and nonsensical chatter they've used throughout time are so obviously Japanese-accented, that's what I'm used to associating with the franchise so I'll go that route. Still like Zelda's English voice though, at least the ethereal bits we heard from the beginning of the game.

kami_sama

Yessssss!
Te question now is about multiple European languages. Will it be only one pal version of one for each country?

Nachos

IMO the english dub is pretty mediocre. Mostly because of Zelda sounding really dull (and im not talking about the cry, but in general) and the old woman's voice being terrible.
Yeah, I thought I'd prefer the English voice, since I figured it wouldn't be as much of a caricature compared to the Japanese one, but I just don't like it. It's more subdued, but you can just tell the actress' regular voice normally sounds pretty young. Add back the corniness from the Japanese performance, and it'd basically be your typical old lady impression. It's pretty much the same thing with whoever's talking about faces – the voice is clearly a put-on and nothing like the actor's usual one. I'm worried it'll get to the point where the performance suffers, because the actors have to focus more on maintaining the voice rather than the emotion.

Zelda also has some real breath control and enunciation issues. All of her emotional scenes sound more exasperated than anything else.

If true, japanese with english sub for firdt playthrough. English for the second. It will be fun to play to game with japanese vpice because you get to pretend everyone is just speaking hylian

Kuro

Japanese Zelda is shit so this doesn't do anything for me. First time I've ever not cared about dual audio in a game.

13ruce

Banned
I hope there is no dutch dub translation because that sounds awfull i would not mind dutch subtitles though.

Theres never a Korean dub for games

mjcry1.png

hwy_61

Banned
yeah, after watching that english trailer, I'm really hoping for a japanese dub with english subs. The Japanese dub is way better.

JMZ555

Id play with JPN voice/ Eng Sub

Thats if we get that choice.... Will wait for 100% confirmation before ordering the correct version.

Top Bottom