• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Four Swords.... (minor spoilers)

Just picked it up the other night...

Let me just say that 4 player mode puts this game at the very pinnicle of multiplayer console perfection(IMO). Hats off to Nintendo! Damn I love this game! I'm still surprised I had 3 other friends with GBA's and link cables... Does everyone on earth own a GBA or something? lol..

Anyway, very clever game. I can't begin to explain the joys of throwing my greedy friend repeatidly into a pit until he died, then proceed to rob him of all his cash!..... Or burning everyone and everything with the fire wand. ]=)
In the end though, cooperation is the only way to move ahead.... lol.

With all the horseplay, we didn't get too far(just beat that phantom boss from Ocarina of Time). Still, I can tell this game is set to be one of my favorites. Those of you who didn't buy it yet... Do it now! Especially if you have a couple buddies to play the game with...

:rock

Saurian

The Phantom boss with the colour coded fireballs? That bit is superb.

A few people tried to explain how fun this game was when it was on the way to being released - the haters wouldnt hear us tho, which is a shame.

Saurian said:
The Phantom boss with the colour coded fireballs? That bit is superb.

A few people tried to explain how fun this game was when it was on the way to being released - the haters wouldnt hear us tho, which is a shame.

Yeah, that's the one. Are all the Bosses as cool to fight as that one?! The teamwork involved was great!

Anyway, yeah...It is a damn shame. I wish I could convey how f*&$in' awesome this game is. I mean, it's so well done. It's not just a fanboy type game. It's actually very well made. Very clever. An absolute blast to play.

AirBrian

I'm going through the single-player right now (none of my friends have a GBA :( ), but even that is very fun. The game is a complete blast to play and has some nice, challenging puzzles. Nintendo did a great job with this game -- and that's said while not even touching the multiplayer side.

Tritroid

The only problem I had with FSA gameplay-wise was the ease of some of the puzzles. We didn't really run into any that didn't take us more than 5 seconds to solve. :\

It's interesting how FSA is more of a 'serious' multi than it is 'zany or crazy' like Mario Party or Mario Kart. We hardly laughed while playing multi because we were so bent on completing the next task. The only time that we were in pain from laughing so hard was when one of my friends got the Roc's Feather and had to jump carry us across this huge hole in village of the blue fairy and she kept missing the other side completely. Needless to say we died multiple times before she actually got it right. :p

ge-man

Indeed, it's and excellent game.

FF:CC is a beautiful game, but in terms of gameplay FSA kicks the shit out of it. The game is balanced enough that the single player mode is not just servicable--it's fantastic. And while I'm not a big fan of some of the sprites, the overall look of the game is awesome. Insane numbers of sprites combined with cool lighting and frame buffer effects and a colorful/bold LttP art style makes for a very pleasing presentation.

Top Bottom